BBB packages at CRT - question

lovethesun12

DIS Veteran
I'm planning on doing the knight and princess packages with both my kids since they are young and into that now.

I'm trying to decide which package. Does anyone have experience with the Castle/deluxe castle package AND the crown package? I'm wondering if picking out a dress is actually a fun part of the experience, or not really a big deal?

I could pick up a dress and bring myself, but if people have found that a "not to be missed" piece I'd like to know and would prefer to buy that package.

Thanks in advance =)

Personally, I found the dress experience a bit rushed and though it was fun, I did not feel the actual choosing of the dress was that big a part of the experience. What we always do is get there early to check in (it's pretty crowded). Then we go to the store behind the castle (Castle Couture) and pick out what they want to wear. It's more leisurely and I feel it gives them a better opportunity to view the costumes and make decisions. I don't know anything about the knight package. Do watch for the costume, though, especially if your little one is sensitive to the feel of clothing or the heat. Mine would often find them uncomfortable or scratchy halfway through the day and change. Be careful of the shoes also. They are cute, but can get uncomfortable if you're going to be doing a lot of walking. We just kept our tennis shoes and picked out a dress without a lot of lace or tulle which touched the skin. Or we put an undershirt under the costume. Have fun!

The only benefit to picking out a dress there is it allows DD to be spontaneous with what dress she wants to wear. The dresses are hung in a corner near where the benches are for people who are waiting, so it's not much of an experience, it's kind of cramped, and thus will feel rushed (though, they won't actually rush you). However, if she has her heart set on a particular princess, it's best to bring it with you, as they may be sold out of her size.

If she has sensitive skin, or often finds costumes itchy or uncomfortable, then best bring one with you. Years ago, the dresses there were a higher quality than you'd find in Target, but that is not the case anymore.

The shoes may or may not be a problem for lots of walking afterwards. Some are slipper style, some or sandals.

Our boys did the knights package and were happy with it. DS should be prepared, though, as he will probably be the only boy there, and everything in there screams PRINCESS. That said, the fairy god mothers did a great job with them, and they had fun. They played with their shields and swords for the rest of the trip.

a685bc6f-ff3b-4711-a2c6-d86e686e5668-original.jpg
photo.php

I'm planning on doing the knight and princess packages with both my kids since they are young and into that now.

I'm trying to decide which package. Does anyone have experience with the Castle/deluxe castle package AND the crown package? I'm wondering if picking out a dress is actually a fun part of the experience, or not really a big deal?

I could pick up a dress and bring myself, but if people have found that a "not to be missed" piece I'd like to know and would prefer to buy that package.

Thanks in advance =)
They also have the Pirates League for the boys. This year we chose to do the Ivy Trellis and the girls just wore some dressy dresses they had. They found them to be princess-like but comfortable. We also ate at Park Fare afterward, then in to MK to meet princesses!

if your girl is set on wearing a specific princess I would recommend to bring your own dress, sometimes they don’t have a size and it would be a big disappointment. Is not the rule but it can happen. The knights package was a success for us, and my son is a video gamer and still enjoyed the transformation, the shield he got we use it now as a pin board and looks so cool hanging at his room wall now that he is a teen.

Thanks in advance =)

DD now 12 has done BBB many times - most of which we brought the dress from home. When she was 11 she picked the dress there as she is very tall & needed a larger size which the stores do not carry. Not much of an experience as she knew we wanted to be Belle (and thankfully they had her size in stock). Maybe for a younger child, it would be more of an experience. This year, the dresses no longer fit so she purchased a Minnie skirt & shirt on Main Street.

I agree with all the other posts regarding the shoes & dress material too.

a685bc6f-ff3b-4711-a2c6-d86e686e5668-original.jpg
photo.php

They also have the Pirates League for the boys. This year we chose to do the Ivy Trellis and the girls just wore some dressy dresses they had. They found them to be princess-like but comfortable. We also ate at Park Fare afterward, then in to MK to meet princesses!

About how long was the Ivy Trellis experience? DD aged out of BBB & would like to try this next summer. Thanks!

It took a little over an hour. There were the 2 girls and their mom so we arrived around 1:45 and were through around 3:30 ( there were a little late getting to DDIL but it’s fair to say around an hour). They do hair, makeup and nails - the polish is of very good quality and it’s age appropriate makeup. We brought our own dresses. We went downstairs and waited ( the prince and Cinderella come down the stairs and dance in the lobby before going into the dining room - but only on certain days. Right now it’s Monday Wednesday and Friday.). Then we had 4:00 ADRs for Park Fare. Around 5:30 we were off to MK. If you take the monorail to the Grand Floridian you can take the monorail to MK and go through the bag check there (at GF). Much easier.

Last edited:

Maybe for a younger child, it would be more of an experience.
My daughter is 3 and loves princesses! If I purchase the dress in advance I'd prefer to get it off-site since I'm guessing it would be cheaper. Does wal-mart sell dresses?

I thought I'd get the dress at disney but sounds like there isn't much to it so I may just bring her somewhere to buy one before we go.

After BBB you can take them over to Castle Couture for a little photo shoot by a PhotoPass photographer. I brought princess shoes from home for my girls to wear just for that photo and took off their magic bands. The photos are precious. We had no wait! Not sure if that’s typical.

We just brought our own dresses. I love the quality of the Disney dresses from JCPenney and I wanted to make sure I was guaranteed to have the size in the dresses I knew my girls would want. Like others have mentioned, the area with dresses at BBB seems a little cramped and like it would be a bit rushed.

It took a little over an hour. There were the 2 girls and their mom so we arrived around 1:45 and were through around 3:30 ( there were a little late getting to DDIL but it’s fair to say around an hour). They do hair, makeup and nails - the polish is of very good quality and it’s age appropriate makeup. We brought our own dresses. We went downstairs and waited ( the prince and Cinderella come down the stairs and dance in the lobby before going into the dining room - but only on certain days. Right now it’s Monday Wednesday and Friday.). Then we had 4:00 ADRs for Park Fare. Around 5:30 we were off to MK. If you take the monorail to the Grand Floridian you can take the monorail to MK and go through the bag check there (at GF). Much easier.

Thanks for the info! We are staying at WL, thinking of doing this on a split MK day (MK in the am, then this experience, hoping to score a reservation for Artist Point new Snow White dinner, then back to the MK at night). DD always loved BBB & was sad this summer as she is now aged out of BBB. Glad to have found info on this experience & your feedback really helps!

My daughter is 3 and loves princesses! If I purchase the dress in advance I'd prefer to get it off-site since I'm guessing it would be cheaper. Does wal-mart sell dresses?

I thought I'd get the dress at disney but sounds like there isn't much to it so I may just bring her somewhere to buy one before we go.

When purchasing at home and when DD was younger (and not so tall...lol), I had always purchased from the local Disney Store - she was able to see the dresses & pick before we left for vacation.

Another things about the shoes - often after Halloween the styles are on clearance - like really discounted - either at the Disney Store/Target/JC Penny. I would purchased them and use for pictures (at BBB, Castle Couture and if she was taking pics with the princesses), but always had a a pair of sneakers for her to change into to walk around the park. Happy Planning!!

Thanks for the info! We are staying at WL, thinking of doing this on a split MK day (MK in the am, then this experience, hoping to score a reservation for Artist Point new Snow White dinner, then back to the MK at night). DD always loved BBB & was sad this summer as she is now aged out of BBB. Glad to have found info on this experience & your feedback really helps!
The guys went to MK while we did the spa. Another good thing: Mom can now join DD! My DIL opted not to do nails, just some makeup, but the girls got the full treatment!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter