• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BBB Questions

Mrspeaks

DIS Veteran
I am planning on taking my two daughters to the BBB on our 7 night cruise on the Fantasy. They will be 4 and 6 and love princesses, dressing up and make up. I have a few questions:
-When would be the “best day” to go? I know this is subjective, but I’d like them to get the most wear out the hairstyle and make up.
- If I wanted to coordinate with the princess gathering, is this possible to book on the ship? Or is it necessary to book before?
- Are the princess dresses different than what you’d see in the Disney store?
-If I brought a new dress for them from home, would they let them change in the boutique?
- My youngest daughter doesn’t have a lot of hair, will she be able do a hair style?

You really need to book princess gathering and BBB at check in, not on ship, to coordinate.

You can being dresses. They can deal with short hair.

You want to avoid a time where they will want to swim 10 minutes later. So it depends on your kids.

We always do it on the day of the princess tea if we are planning on going to it. That way she can be dressed like a princess to go spend time with princesses.

We do the princess meet and greet early in the morning, so that is not a good option for us. Keep in mind there is no princess makeovers on Pirate night..............only pirate makeovers. And we like to enjoy a nice long day at CC, so we never book BBB for CC day.

We prefer to bring our own dresses as we have found some really nice ones on Etsy for about the same price as the ones on the ship and much better quality. They will let you put your dress on in their dressing room but I just have our daughter wear it to the BBB. They have a protective cover they put over you like when you get a haircut to keep anything from getting on the dress.

As for hair.............they can totally make just about anything work. Our daughter actually got some extensions of sort put in on our last cruise that were pink and she loved it.

Good luck and dont forget your camera.

We just did this last week with our daughter (3), who has shortish/thinish hair. The "fairy godmother" indicated that it would be no problem getting her hair into any style, as they have several sizes of the "doughnuts" they use in styling. We made our appointment for 1:45 on the afternoon of semi-formal night and we were the only ones in the boutique to start with. Several families came while we were there, but it was never "full". And, I believe this was on one of the afternoons where the princess tea was held. We did not purchase a dress and opted not to bring a dress from home either (we had just planned to have our daughter wear another semi-formal dress that evening), and that was no problem at all.

Once your booking window opens, you will be able to see the times for ticketed Princess meet and greets, so can plan BBB around that.

The dresses are the dresses that they have at the Parks- Disney Parks brand- not the Disney Store ones. They are very pretty and the fancy factor is definitely more than the Disney Store dresses. They also have some "Signature" dresses, up another tier. We brought dresses that we already had and they were fine with it.

Is it possible to go to BBB and only buy the dress and not the full service?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter