• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BC proximity to EP realistic in August?

I enjoyed the walk last August with my 9 year old twins. Not a complaint in the group. We did complain when walking back from Hollywood (just missed the boat and did not want to wait.) It was hot!!!!!!! Cooling towels and hats were our friends. Enjoy your trip.

I enjoyed the walk last August with my 9 year old twins. Not a complaint in the group. We did complain when walking back from Hollywood (just missed the boat and did not want to wait.) It was hot!!!!!!! Cooling towels and hats were our friends. Enjoy your trip.
Yeah HS is a hike especially when hot and tired. This is one reason we prefer the middle location of BW - kind of splits the difference so the walk to EP or HS is closer to 10 minutes. Gives up the super close BC to EP walk, but the walk to either park is manageable. I still like BC too - we used the boat alot to/from HS.

Last edited:
Staying at BC will be a long walk to the front of EP for rides but if you are doing the front of the park in the morning, it's not the hottest part of the day. When our family went to EP when the kids were younger, it was hard to go from the IG to the front of EP in the morning. However, that was before Frozen and Remy. We would usually end up in the WS at lunchtime. And let me tell you, between noon-5pm, WS is hotter than the sun!! To be able to walk from WS through the IG to your room at BC will be AWESOME! You can then rest in the room, go swimming, and freshen up before hitting another park for the evening.

If the budget is too tight, I would NOT recommend CBR. As a pp mentioned, daily afternoon thunderstorms are likely and lightening shuts down the skyliner. At this point, Disney has not figured out a reliable plan for busing guests from EP to the skyliner resorts. It's chaos.

Maybe you can eat more QS meals--which is better in the heat anyways--and skip the TS meals to save some on the budget.

I wouldn’t do the walk from because to EP in August and buses won’t be an option. Riviera or Carribean beach would be better
I'm pretty sure Beach Club is much much closer than Riviera or CBR to the international gateway. Probably the shortest walk you will do all day.

BC is prime location. When we stay at YC we also explored BC because they are basically sisters, it’s right there, and share Stormalong Bay. Super short walk to EP IG from BC (the shortest) & YC. We walked to DHS beating the boats. Took the boats back from DHS because of the heat. Always walked to and from EP IG. Highly recommend Beaches & Cream Soda Shop to-go window and the BWI Pizza window.

Clarification: I'm not asking specifically about getting just to EP from BC. I'm asking a general question about the convenience of using EP as a launching pad to the skyliner/other parks and also to EP itself)
Beach Club benefits are proximity to the Epcot International Gateway entrance and boat or skyline to HS. Proximity to Epcot is not in any way a launching pad for transportation to AK or MK. You will want to take the bus from Beach Club to those locations.

Thanks everyone! I'm sold. I'm trying to shave money off somewhere because the Disney nickel and diming is getting extreme, but I will keep our BC reservation in the hopes that it will make a profound difference for the whole trip.
Cut a TS meal, get breakfast items, water bottles and snacks delivered to hotel. Those are my targets when I’m looking to save at WDW 😉

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter