BCV-August 2020 stay

Cattrip

Mouseketeer
Curious how everyone who is at BCV in August feels about the pool situation and that the NBA will be next door.

The NBA isn't an issue at all. SAB being closed is a non starter for me, though. Hopefully it's open in September.

I am booked for YC 7/31-8/8. I just had a CM chat and he said technically your resort will not be open for your dates......
BCV will though . I asked if that was a hint ?
He said kinda . So I am thinking I will be pushed to BCV . With no feature pool and only the small DVC pool . For the money I am paying there’s no way I’m walking over to BW to use their pool. I will most likely cancel

We rented BCV points through a company for a trip the first week of August. I’ve been holding onto hope that SAB would be open by time we got there, but with the recent announcement with the NBA and BC/YC not opening until the end of August, all hope is gone. I emailed the company we rented from asking if there’s any way we can move resorts, but I doubt they’ll do anything to help us. Lesson learned, don’t rent points from a company! At this point, we plan to just make the most of it. Go to the parks (if I can get reservations!) & just hang at whatever pools are available to us.

We rented BCV points through a company for a trip the first week of August. I’ve been holding onto hope that SAB would be open by time we got there, but with the recent announcement with the NBA and BC/YC not opening until the end of August, all hope is gone. I emailed the company we rented from asking if there’s any way we can move resorts, but I doubt they’ll do anything to help us. Lesson learned, don’t rent points from a company! At this point, we plan to just make the most of it. Go to the parks (if I can get reservations!) & just hang at whatever pools are available to us.

Actually, a company will only be able to do what an owner is willing to do and most owners agree to use a company and earn less so they don’t have to change things up.

It doesn’t hurt to ask, but if an owner doesn’t want to, the company can’t force them to,

Even not all private owners would make the change.

I am booked for YC 7/31-8/8. I just had a CM chat and he said technically your resort will not be open for your dates......
BCV will though . I asked if that was a hint ?
He said kinda . So I am thinking I will be pushed to BCV . With no feature pool and only the small DVC pool . For the money I am paying there’s no way I’m walking over to BW to use their pool. I will most likely cancel

I’m in the same boat with the YC. I hope if they end up moving us it will be to the Poly. Or I would take the GF or CR. There’s no way I would accept a DVC option unless it was a 2 bedroom villa. Nobody in our family wants to sleep on a pullout. Plus to me that’s a downgrade to what we had originally booked.
Wish they would’ve given us an answer before making park reservations in the morning. :(

I’m in the same boat with the YC. I hope if they end up moving us it will be to the Poly. Or I would take the GF or CR. There’s no way I would accept a DVC option unless it was a 2 bedroom villa. Nobody in our family wants to sleep on a pullout. Plus to me that’s a downgrade to what we had originally booked.
Wish they would’ve given us an answer before making park reservations in the morning. :(
I would not want to pay the difference. Many are posting after opening moves are getting charged the difference. 🤷‍♀️

I would not want to pay the difference. Many are posting after opening moves are getting charged the difference. 🤷‍♀️

I just called back again and got the same information from a different person. All I can do is call tomorrow to modify it. They won’t let me modify today or even tell me which resorts I have as an option to move to. And yes I agree, I’m not willing to lose my discount so whichever place they offer will have to be the same deal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter