BCV Dec 1-7?

Greg Reiman

Earning My Ears
We are planning to go to WDW Dec 1-7 and would like to try the new BCV. We usually stay at OKW, but I think the kids would like the SAB pool at BC/YC better.

My question is: How likely is it that there will be discount codes for this resort? When would discount codes be announced for this time frame? Would the AP discounts apply to this resort during this time frame?

If BCV are not discounted due to the popularity of this new facility, then we would certainly not mind going back to OKW. So same questions as above about OKW too.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Greg

Greg,

I am not so certain that there will be any discount codes in the immediate future for BCV. I think DVC is too worried about selling the place out first before any discount codes come into play. However, there is that 4% that Disney holds back for cash customers.

I would say keep checking back with CRO. They just announced the holdiday special rates, so January can't be too far behind. One thing that could be in your favor is the weak economy and weak showing at the parks. They may be looking to really bring people in with some good rates.

Brian

Just keep in mind that it can be cool in December, and your kids might not be able to swim in SAB.

I wouldn't count on many discounts during that time...it's a very popular time for DVC'ers.

Anne

I hear there is a waitlist for the BCV for Dec already. Your best bet would be to rent points from a member and then you could get on a waitlist. You can keep trying for the cash ressie but the waitlist would be your best bet.
You could also stay at the BC. There are some really great discounts and you could use the SAB.
Just some ideas. I hope they help.
We were on the waitlist for Nov. and it came through in about 7 weeks.:) Good luck.

You have a very slim chance of getting into BCV in the first week of December. First, the place is brand new so all the DVCers are wanting to try it out. Second, the first two weeks of December are on the lowest points schedule for DVC, hence members make the most of those points and the DVC resorts get full quite early this time of year. However, there are some rooms that are set aside for cash ressies, but you will pay a premium, I haven't seen any discounts at BCV for December, although I think there were some in the summer. Your best bet is to just call CRO and ask if there are any discounts available. I don't think that you will have much luck renting points at this late date froma DVC person. You can always ask on the Rent/Trade Board, but i wouldn't get your hopes up very high

There should still be plenty of cash rooms available even though DVC members on points are being waitlisted for this time frame. Since BCV is only about 40-50% sold out, the remaining 50-60% of the rooms are available on a cash basis. As the resort becomes more sold out, there will be fewer and fewer rooms available for cash.

I agree with KCritter - there will be rooms available for cash. Since the resort isn't sold out yet, I think this year, it will be easier to get a cash room for early December than it will in future years.

I'm not so sure that there will be discounts, though. Best advice is to call CRO and see what they say. If the CM says there are no discounts for your dates, be sure to ask if they are just sold out of the code rates or if they are not offered at all. Based on the answer, you'll know whether to keep trying, pay rack rate or stay somewhere else.

Enjoy your trip!

Thanks for all replies. I just called CRO and was told that all Villas at BCV, OKW, BWV, and WL are sold out for that week at any price, discounted or rack rates. I told the CM that I was surprised to hear that because of the recent news articles stating how attendance was down so much. He told me that their occupancy was actually running a bit above their projections now.

Any suggestions on what I should do now?

Thanks.

Another reason you may be finding difficulty is if they are looking at your whole stay and not the individual dates. There might be a day or so here and there in that week with availability - not that you'd want to book it that way.

I suspect that there is little availablility because Thanksgiving is so late this year. People might decide to come down for Thanksgiving and then stay part or all of that first week of December since they are already there. I would guess if you can go the second week, you might find more availability. Or even see ifyou can check in mid week, like Weds or Thursday and see what CRO says.

I asked specifically a few weeks ago about cash at BCV for Dec 7 and although there was availability, it was at rack rates ($289 studios, $385 1-bedroom, plus tax).

IMHO you'd be nuts to pay that (even if you could) when you can get around $170 at BC, and then just stroll over and take a look at BCV. I'm sure BC and YC have lots of rooms available, and that's what I'd suggest. It's just the DVC resorts that have this high demand during early Dec, the other resorts are begging for customers.

You can't trust Expedia. They may show it, but if you actually tried to book it, the room would go away. They just are not very up-to-date.

That is a very low point time for DVC use and the Christmas decorations are wonderful so it is a very busy time at DVC resorts. They have been sold out for some time. As a matter of fact, things are pretty tight all thru November.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter