• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BCV mockup renovation room nearing completion.

Am I the only one who really doesn't care all that much for stainless appliances? :confused3 Now I don't care a whole lot but it's not my first choice and I thought the white appliances at the resorts were just fine.

No! You are not!! Let's just see how these look in a few years after thousands have been touching them!!:laughing: I can't even tell you how hard it was for me to find a black textured fridge!! Everything on the market is stainless steel or shiny!!

From what I've seen of renovations elsewhere -- Boardwalk, Beach Club, GF -- Disney is going for darker colors and "quilted" fabric-looking headboards at all the deluxe resorts. Whether it suits the character of the hotel or not.

I really don't care about the stainless in particular but they do look updated.

The appliances that are/were in BCV and BWV were old and in bad shape, at least the ones we have experienced. They needed to be replaced IMHO.

It's been a few years since we stayed in anything other than a studio at BCV so can't comment on that but BWV received new appliances in 2009 and ours always looked like new. We have stayed there frequently and almost always in 1 BRs.

Thanks for the pics! A refresh is needed...I just wish they would have a more "Beachy" feel to them but they look nice.

Meh, but me in the "blah" camp. I mean, its nice - just very generic. They don't have to make everything ticky tacky over the top Disney but a subtle reminder that its where you actually are would be nice.

Thank you ziravan, for posting these pictures. Everyone has been very anxious to see some progress and curious about the final design. Perhaps since these are mock-up rooms, not all of the changes you saw will actually be implemented when the remodel starts. For the record, I have not seen an official start date for the work at BCV.

:thumbsup2

Thank you ziravan, for posting these pictures. Everyone has been very anxious to see some progress and curious about the final design. Perhaps since these are mock-up rooms, not all of the changes you saw will actually be implemented when the remodel starts. For the record, I have not seen an official start date for the work at BCV.

:thumbsup2
Someone on another dvc board posted that refurb has started and work was being done in rooms.

I was just there in early May and noticed how everything looked dated (80's or 90's look). It was also very worn and in need of this rehab. I like what I see, but I agree it is not themed they way you expect from Disney. One thing I remembered from my earlier stays in 2002 and 2003 was there were more small touches such as cute red throw pillows. I suppose it is difficult to keep those types of furnishings around. For some reason, they seem to grow legs and walk off. Thanks for the pics.

Since the kitchen appliances are being changed out will the stove tops be typical electric burners or GLASS TOP such as the kind @ VGC? I hate the OLD burners that do not plug in properly thus slanting all the pans.

I am not so sure about this. The original photos shows hardware along the front of the murphy bed as if they were getting ready to install the table. I am sure the beds do not come with them already installed.

The table that is in the picture appears to just be a work cart.

But for the sake of BCV owners I hope you are right. Unfortunately I own VWL and BWV.

Laura

I believe you are correct. Someone who was at the annual meeting posted snapshots of the planned new BCV room design and it had a narrow table attached to the Murphy bed in the studio that would rest on the floor when the bed is pulled down. Small chairs were placed at either end of this narrow table in the photo -- no separate table except the coffee table.

Am I the only one who really doesn't care all that much for stainless appliances? :confused3 Now I don't care a whole lot but it's not my first choice and I thought the white appliances at the resorts were just fine.

With stainless being very popular now, if they kept it white, people would complain that DVC was being cheap and complaining why they didn't do stainless. I think they can't win no matter what they do.

Someone on another dvc board posted that refurb has started and work was being done in rooms.
Where did you see this? What other board? I have been scouring for information regarding the renovations as we will be there in 3 weeks.

Does anyone know if they are doing anything to the vanity area in the studios? That is a BIG drawback for these studios. No drawers/shelves; just sinks and open floor underneath. I like my 'stuff' organized and within reach.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter