• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BCV Opinions

katmouse

Earning My Ears
I'm still trying to decide between BCV and WLV. I know what I love about WLV, the atmosphere, the large lake for boating... Can anyone tell me what they love about BCV?

Location, Location, Location. We spend a majority of our time at Epcot, so BCV is great for us. I also love the decor; and if you have children, Storm A Long Bay is great.

If you plan on making more trips to MK than Epcot than your better off with the VWL. You are closer to everything else at BCV. Stormalong bay is good but not better than Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon. Your older children would probably want to go to those water parks instead.

Just my opinion.

We not only enjoyed the Location and the Awsome pool, but I am in love with the resturants!
We ate both a character breakfast and a dinner at Cape May Cafe, the food there was fabulous. We also ate several meals at Beaches and Cream. It was raining hard 2 different nights, so it was nice to not have to go out in the rain to eat! (we have always stayed at BWV before now).
I have not stayed at VWL, so I can not tell you which of the 2 would be my favorite!

Ditto on "SamSam's" comments.

Location, location, location.

Last time we stayed at YC (b4 we were DVC members) we only got on a bus to go to MK. Everything else was within walking/boat distance.
Although we always drive to the Marketplace & BB no matter where we stay.

Yes, there is a character breakfast at Cape May Cafe in the BC. We went a few years ago and I recall Chip & Dale, Minnie Mouse & Goofy. I know there were more characters there too, but it has been a few years. I do remember that Mickey was NOT there. I was disappointed about that.

The Cafe is located off the BC/BCV lobby. Very accessible. Close to SAB.

S

If you have a car, BCV parking is MUCH more convenient than BWV (don't know about parking at WLV). Not as convenient as OKW, but easy to get to. And Epcot is just across the hill, we loved that. Diana

One of the other nice things about the location of BCV is the proximity to the Boardwalk area. Strolling along the Boardwalk or going over to the ESPN Zone is also a nice break, esp. in the evenings. Whatever you decide, I'm sure you'll love it!

Nancy

Can you walk over to the Boardwalk from BCVs?

Sorry if this is a silly question, we bought into BCVs without really thinking such about that particular resort---just wanted to get into the DVC. But more and more it seems like it was a good choice. We were able to get a studio during spring break, and I like the idea of being able to walk to Epcot. I like being able to 'walk' places.

Now we want to also go to MGM and AK, I assume we will have to take the buses there. But hopefully it won't be a long wait.

Debra

Oh yes - BW is easily walkable from BCV. That is one of the many perks!

There is a boat to MGM from BCV and there is a walking path but it is quite loooonnnnng! I think it is 1.5 miles.
AK is only accessible by bus.

Actually the deciding factor of us buying DVC was the BCV. Over the past few years we decided that YC was our favorite resort and when we heard of BCV - it is just the next best thing for us!

You will enjoy!

Actually,you dont have to take a bus to M.G.M.:D :cool: There is a boat that goes there right at the dock between Yacth and Beach Club.Takes about 20 min.,Nice relaxing ride.You can also walk,but it is longer then the walk to Epcot.There is a bus to Animal Kingdom. That whats so great about B.C.V.,location to Epcot ant M.G.M.:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

We feel that the BCV sale came just at the right time. We've stayed at just about every Disney resport and purchasing at the BCV gives us many, many options that we feel so good about. The other resorts are great, but having the BCV as our home resort gives us a great feeling.

I just returned from WDW. Stayed in the BW, and bought BCV. I like the location and travel by boat. I'll still probably trade some points for AKL, wish they had villas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter