BCV or BWV!

disneyobessed

DIS Veteran
Booking tomorrow! Both are available for the time we need... cant decide between the 2! Any opinions!?

My vote is for Beach Club Villas. We go here every year and live it,especially the pool. It's like a mini waterpark type feel and pool hopping is not allowed.So even if your close by at the Boardwalk you could not go to the beach club pool. If being on the Boardwalk so you can walk down and grab a bite or something is the draw,it's only a five minute walk from the beach club over to boardwalk. So you really get everything. Boardwalk is our home resort and loved it for many years but once Beach Club came along we go there now. Happy choosing,either way you can't go wrong.

U can't go wrong with either. I may be in the minority here but I personally don't like the set up at the poo/ StormalongBay. Its waaay to spread out, and as a parent of 2 very good swimmers both age 10 it still is dangerous. The lazy river has a faster current then normal and also is 8 ft or more in the section ( which I don't like.) A parent can't keep their eyes on their kids the whole timejnless they stay Only in the same area. Also the water slide you actually have to leave the guarded area and walk across the pathway to get to its entrance...Confusing why they would do this..For safety reasons at least.

we have stayed at both and love them both! We were at bwv in april 13 and the bakery was under construction so that was a negative aspect but i know its done now

My kids prefer BCV. They love the pool and it's a slightly faster walk to Epcot. I like that it's faster to Cape May for dinner. :)

You really can't go wrong with either of them.

We own BWV and they are both great. I do like the aroma of the BCV it smells like the beach in the lobby area, pretty neat. But at BWV we get boardwalk view and let our kids walk to the bakery so we can still keep an eye on them and they get a little freedom.

We prefer BCV. Its smaller so the walk is shorter. The parking is very convenient. Its slightly closer to Epcot. You can go to Stormalong Bay.

U can't go wrong with either. I may be in the minority here but I personally don't like the set up at the poo/ StormalongBay. Its waaay to spread out, and as a parent of 2 very good swimmers both age 10 it still is dangerous. The lazy river has a faster current then normal and also is 8 ft or more in the section ( which I don't like.) A parent can't keep their eyes on their kids the whole timejnless they stay Only in the same area. Also the water slide you actually have to leave the guarded area and walk across the pathway to get to its entrance...Confusing why they would do this..For safety reasons at least.

Amen. SB is sooooo overrated. It is not kid friendly at all.

If you have a car, parking is so much easier at BCV.

What size villa were you going to book?

with kids - bcv

without kids - bwv
I thought we were going to do BCV till my wife saw your post. We will be 4 adults going in Sept. 2014. Me,wife,mom and son(26). Can you list some reasons for BWV without kids versus BCV with kids. I thank you for your response.

I thought we were going to do BCV till my wife saw your post. We will be 4 adults going in Sept. 2014. Me,wife,mom and son(26). Can you list some reasons for BWV without kids versus BCV with kids. I thank you for your response.

I'd rather stay at BCV than BWV and that would be with just the two of us. We always drive and parking is just so much easier.

We've stayed at BWV twice, once about ten or more years ago and then again the night of the TOT 10 miler in October. Both times a studio. I still find the hallways to be endless.

We are looking at a 2 bdr studio... UGH.. still dont know and booking is today. I guess it isnt a bad problem to have.. there are 5 of us my family and the vote is 2-2 and Im the tie breaker... I guess Im flipping a coin at 7:58am!

I'd go BCV. We got a 2BR there last January and booked the 2BR with 2 queens in the 2nd bedroom which was great as each of my DDs had their own bed (no pull-out). We LOVED BCV and it had been hard for us to book, so if it's available for your dates you should grab it. It's a bit closer to Epcot and since the resort is smaller, the hallways aren't super crazy long (like at BWV). And Beaches and Cream is yummy!!!

Thanks for all the responses! We booked BWV garden/pool view We book a HA/roll in shower room because my son is physically disabled so I believe those rooms are right off the elevator. The 2 times we have stayed there it has been first room so the halls are not an issue! Cant book a dedicated 2 bedroom with a roll in shower... they dont make them.

Thanks for all the responses! We booked BWV garden/pool view We book a HA/roll in shower room because my son is physically disabled so I believe those rooms are right off the elevator. The 2 times we have stayed there it has been first room so the halls are not an issue! Cant book a dedicated 2 bedroom with a roll in shower... they dont make them.

Congrats and have a wonderful trip..

good choice :thumbsup2
the BCV/BWV question does come up fairly often. personally (& we own at both), we find the BCV better for toddler thru about 8-9yo. the resort (including lobby) tends to have a much higher noise & activity level. the pool is expansive, but can get very crowded.
since you've stayed at BWV, you know all its attributes: more to do (nighttime performers & games, ESPN, JRs, bakery, CH), better views, quieter interiors, can actually swim in main pool (a biggie for us).

there always will be preferences (and some who simply like to dislike ;)) but i agree with murron:
little ones, BCV
older kids & adults, BWV

walks/boats to EPCOT/DHS are comparable.

did you waitlist BW view?

At BWV there aren't any dedicated two bedroom villas. So getting an accessible one isn't the issue.

so you have stayed at the BWV twice before, you should have shared this information with us in your original post.

Enjoy your trip. As a BWV owner I am biased, but we really luv the Boardwalk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter