Bcv

joecap98

Earning My Ears
::MickeyMo As a long time owner at the BCV I think it is a wonderful place to vacation with our family. I just wanted to say that when we are at the BCV we :love: all treat the resort like we would treat our own home. That means we respect and take care our it. I wish everyone would do the same and believe this would result in the BCV continuing to be an outstanding place to say. Some people we observed :confused3 should be locked up by the way they treat the property. Not the Disney way! What does everyone else think?

joecap98 said:
::MickeyMo As a long time owner at the BCV I think it is a wonderful place to vacation with our family. I just wanted to say that when we are at the BCV we :love: all treat the resort like we would treat our own home. That means we respect and take care our it. I wish everyone would do the same and believe this would result in the BCV continuing to be an outstanding place to say. Some people we observed :confused3 should be locked up by the way they treat the property. Not the Disney way! What does everyone else think?

I totally agree!!

I think that OKW has been luckier with their guests than either BCV or BWV.

More members seem to come to OKW or at least guests who love the resort and want to take care of it.

If something is wrong with your resort - YOU need to call maintence. the maids won't - it is not their job. Besides they don't all speak English. the maintence/engineers do.

Once all the BCV members get with the plan. BCV will be the great resort it can be.

although it was strange I have little problems with most of the DVC resorts - I stay in them when they are new and yes problems are expected with a new resort. OKW, VWL, BWV and SSR - when I reported the problem. the maintence person was there within a hour and fixed the problem and thanked me for reporting it.

BCV well first the guy tried to blame it on the elevators. Couldn't be. they were not close by. Then he wanted to know why I wanted to get it fix????? he was screaming because the noise from the airconditioning was so loud. Anyway I think his problem was he didn't know to fix it. He called his manger who also didn't know how, who called his and finally they called the place where they brought it from. This air conditioner unit was not put together properly and had to be taken apart to fix it.

they did fix it!!!! :banana: but it took 2 guys several hours.

This was the first time staying in a DVC resort when the maintence/engineer tried not to fix the problem. very, very strange. :rolleyes: This seems at the time strange to me.

most of the maintence people are happy to fix any problem you find with the resort. They want the place to be in top shape as much as the owner want it.

Wow, what an incredible experience with maintenance at BCV you've had! But to encourage people to call maintenance, I just want to say that I've had excellent service calling maintenance at BCV. Once, my sliding door wouldn't open-they promptly fixed it while I was out (I called just before I left). Then the one that really made me laugh was the night I called because a light bulb had burnt out-"Would you please drop off a new light bulb next time you're by?" "Oh, no-we really don't want our guests to have to change their own light bulbs!" and 10 minutes later Engineering was at my door to change the light bulb, not exactly a major problem, I thought, that required such prompt service. An enjoyable little moment at WDW-thanks to BCV Maintenance.

joecap98 said:
...treat the resort like we would treat our own home...
Unfortunately some people spit on their own floor.

redneck-rv.jpg

I agree, it would be nice if everyone took care of BCV as if it were there home. We love the resort and are a little concerned about how some people are treating it. Hopefully it will change. ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

rinkwide hit it right on the nail! Some people DO take care of the resorts like they take care of their homes! Their homes are nasty and disgusting and NOT taken care of like many of us take care or ours! I do tend to go overboard, in fact the kids in my class know me as a neat-freak by the second day of school each fall!

My sister is the perfect example of the complete opposite. She had rats living in her minivan because there was so much food left in there from her kids! They stayed with us two years ago (well in their own villa across the hall) and their bedroom was NEVER picked up, they did not once fold up the couch, there were crumbs and packages all over the floor, dishes all over the sink. Just like at home!

Hey rinkwide-that looks like the perfect outfit for Jim's new weatherman gig! :umbrella:

Tom

And this translates into higher maintenance and reserve fees -- higher repairs and housekeeping plus renovating the interiors on shorter intervals than they would require otherwise. Unfortunately, I doubt we will change behaviours sufficiently. But at least we can count on DVC to do their best to keep the resorts in good condition.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter