Be our guest breakfast & pre-ordering question

Imagineer5

DIS Veteran
Hi! About 2 years ago I did BOG, pre-ordered, and was able to enter the restaurant and bypass the ordering stations to quickly pay and find a seat. Last year, I pre-ordered expecting the same thing, and had to go through the motions of ordering (could change my choices if I wanted to, but didn't) and paid then. That took the point out of pre-ordering IMO, so I was wondering if anyone knows where there is any use of pre-ordering food now? Thank you!

That's how it worked when we went in Sept, pre-ordered, but finalized and paid at kiosk inside. It did get us into a shorter pre-order line getting in and we bypassed about 8-10 families (early breakfast). It was much quicker on the preorder side bc selection was already made on the screen-just had to pay. I guess that would be the use.

You are always better in the pre-order line, even reviewing. Because people who pre-ordered know the menu somewhat and have a clue. The people who have not ordered at all are the slowest people to be behind and about half of them act like they have never seen an ordering kiosk anywhere ever.

I have pre-ordered the last couple of trips.
Both times I let them know I pre-ordered when I checked in for my ADR and they sent me to the left.
I walked in and had to wait behind a couple of others that had pre-ordered. Then it was my turn. They confirmed what I ordered and then I paid. Took a total of 2 minutes.
I'd say that was well worth pre-ordering so I didn't have to wait behind 15 families deciding right then and there what to order.

You are always better in the pre-order line, even reviewing. Because people who pre-ordered know the menu somewhat and have a clue. The people who have not ordered at all are the slowest people to be behind and about half of them act like they have never seen an ordering kiosk anywhere ever.

To be fair other than BOG I've only seen an ordering kiosk at Sheetz and I only went there this year.

To be fair other than BOG I've only seen an ordering kiosk at Sheetz and I only went there this year.

I think they had them briefly at Pecos Bill's (last December, I think). They weren't there when I went this September, so I'm guessing people couldn't handle it. I like it.

We preordered this October and we went in on the left, which was no line, paid quickly and found a seat, very easy, the line on the right was very long. Preordering is much faster even when you have to stop to pay.

I've had mine handled both ways. I have preordered, sent in left line into the library to re-order on the kiosk, and I have preordered and sent to far left to pay at register right at front door and sent inside. I don't know if it has varied based on computer issues, staffing, orders vanishing BUT even if you have to go in library again you are still sent in a very short line compared to those who did not pre-order.

PS Last trip I did my pre-order in the park an hour before our ADR on my phone. Easy and that way I was sure what we wanted to eat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter