• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Be our guest... is it worth it?

Just for the braised pork and the lemon meringue cupcake yessssss! And it's a Quick at lunch with real silverware.

Had dinner here last night. Will probably not go out of my way to go here again. I didn't have high expectations or anything. After all, it's food in the magic kingdom, but I was kind of disappointed. I'm not fussy, but the service was just lousy. It was loud. The food was horrendous.

By all means, go and decide for yourself though. That whole new area is just gorgeous.

I am sorry to hear so many people had disappointing experiences with this restaurant. I am really looking forward to this.

I wasn't disappointed per say I just thought it was Meh and I don't see the point of eating Meh when we can have a lovely meal at Narcooses, Citricos or California Grill.

I am sorry to hear so many people had disappointing experiences with this restaurant. I am really looking forward to this.

Food is so subjective. I would say go and see for yourself, the restaurant alone is worth the price of admission.

I wouldn't say disappointed at all...

I thought it was overpriced/OVERATED - but that is a matter of my particular tastes.

I think it depends on what you're looking for/what you're used too in terms of food.

This is exactly what I think. I like it for CS, and am taking my girls in August. The only reason I even tried for dinner was so they could meet the Beast. Once I got my plans in place, I stopped checking.

THere are a few restaurants that I find overrated, and for dinner, this is one of them. I also am confused by Le Cellier, but so many people really love that place. I really think that when it comes to dining in Disney, you really need to see for yourself.

It was definitely the best lunch we had on our last trip, and I have to admit the WW is very cool. It's pricey though. Honestly, I'd try to get the lunch FP and have dinner somewhere else - that way you get the benefit of the experience without the added expense of the dinner menu.

I just booked an ADR for late lunch - will likely do pre-order and eat lightly since we will be doing CP first thing in the morning and we will be leaving the park right after finishing at BOG

We're going for the atmosphere primarily.

Does everyone have to order something? I'm a little confused by the ADR at a quick-serve.
Can an adult order a child's meal - some of the options are more appealing to some of us.
We often share meals at counter service restaurants, and also some in the party aren't thrilled with the menu.

If everyone has to order something, and must stick to the adult menu - a drink and cupcake would suffice, right?
Anyone have experience with pre-order?

you don't have to pre order, you can still order when you get there if there's gonig to be a lot of substitutions and differences from the menu. Also, if you're on the dining plan and you want to order in a way that doesn't match up with the dining plan, you may want to wait to order.

Can I just say...every time I seed a BOG thread...I end up singing the song for the rest of the the night...my dh is not amused.:crazy:

Just us - we LOVE BOG.... because everyone else has been totally distracted by the place :). Meanwhile - reservations at the good SIGS are easier to get :).

I loved BoG, we've only gone their for lunch, but the pricing was reasonable and the restaurant itself is gorgeous!

We loved it for lunch and dinner. But B&B is just our thing.
Theme was wonderful, the food was really good IMO

OP, We just had a very positive dining experience at BOG for dinner, so it was "worth" it for us. We dined at a set of our favorites plus a few new and BOG dinner is something we would have on our list for a future visit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter