• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Be Our Guest Lunch FastPass Thread [PLEASE read the FAQs in the first post!]

Hmm, could it be saving something in a browser cookie? Try a new email and/or a different PC or a new browser.

Sadly there is no official support (or even bug-reporting) for this system at all though, we're all just trying to work out its many foibles for ourselves. :(

Andre

Yup, I tried that too... I used different browsers, cleared history/cache, even used an entirely different computer. It is indeed sad! But I am so thankful for all the info you've provided here - this thread has been a big help! Thank you!

The same thing happened to me. We were at WDW Jan 2014 and were able to to use the BOG FP system. Our old res is still there and will not let me choose a new one. However I worked around this by creating an account with my DH info. We are linked in MDE and I was able to obtain a BOG res for my group. Good luck!

I'm going to give this a try, with someone in the party who does not have an MDE account yet. However I'm worried since the upcoming resort reservation number is "already in use" according to the BOG FP system, it may not let me link it. We'll see....

EDIT to add: IT WORKED!! :cheer2: Thank you, thank you, for posting this suggestion! I am so relieved not to have to worry about this anymore. Yes, it's silly that I was "worried," but this is a first Disney visit for most of my group and I really wanted them to be able to experience BOG.

THANK YOU again to everyone for helping! :flower3:

I'm going to try to grab a FP at BOG for my family of 4. The 27-day window is coming up soon.

A couple questions:

1. My family has a resort reservation starting the day before we go to MK. The 27-day window applies to the day I plan to attend BOG, right? Not the day before when I check in?

2. My parents in law live in Florida and will be joining us at the park, but they're not staying at the resort. I'm not even sure if they've bought their tickets yet. Anyway to add them to the BOG FP?

I'm going to try to grab a FP at BOG for my family of 4. The 27-day window is coming up soon.

A couple questions:

1. My family has a resort reservation starting the day before we go to MK. The 27-day window applies to the day I plan to attend BOG, right? Not the day before when I check in?

2. My parents in law live in Florida and will be joining us at the park, but they're not staying at the resort. I'm not even sure if they've bought their tickets yet. Anyway to add them to the BOG FP?

Right, the 27 day windows applies to daily availability, so as you say, whatever day you plan to be in MK to go to BOG.

Sorry, no, there's no way to add non-resort guests to the BOG FP. They can still try to get into BOG, but can't be listed on the FP.

EDIT to add: IT WORKED!! :cheer2: Thank you, thank you, for posting this suggestion! I am so relieved not to have to worry about this anymore. Yes, it's silly that I was "worried," but this is a first Disney visit for most of my group and I really wanted them to be able to experience BOG.

THANK YOU again to everyone for helping! :flower3:

HOORAY!!!!:banana: I'm so glad you were able to get it!

Sadly there is no official support (or even bug-reporting) for this system at all though, we're all just trying to work out its many foibles for ourselves. :( Andre

Yes and this has left some of us with problems that cannot be solved so it is too bad and hope the standby line is not too long for us!

EDIT to add: IT WORKED!! :cheer2: Thank you, thank you, for posting this suggestion! I am so relieved not to have to worry about this anymore.

Could you let us know exactly what you did beyond just creating a new account, in simple steps ideally, so I can add a note to the FAQ? Thanks.

Andre

I bunch of dinner ADR's popped up this morning for the second week of February if any one is interested in dinner.

I just checked February 12 and nothing. I assume EMH that day will make it an extra hard get.

Given that it's only January 14 today, I wouldn't expect to see any availability until you reach the 27 day window. See the FAQ in the first post. [Edit: Unless you are referring to Dinner ADRs of course, which is not really what this thread is about]

Andre

I just checked February 12 and nothing. I assume EMH that day will make it an extra hard get.

We may be dropping a reservation for 4 at 5p on the 12th. I will pm you to coordinate, before we do, if that's helpful. I have to secure a lunch FP+ first and confirm the change with my husband as it was supposed to be our anniversary dinner, of sorts...

Could you let us know exactly what you did beyond just creating a new account, in simple steps ideally, so I can add a note to the FAQ? Thanks.

Andre

Hi Andre! Sure, here is a blurb - starting with my problem, then sharing the resolution. Sorry it's a little long, its hard to explain. Edit as needed or let me know if you need clarification:

My story: I am an AP holder and very recently visited WDW, and used the BOG FP system on my last visit, no problem. I am visiting again in February. I wanted to make another BOG FP for the upcoming trip. I have a WDW resort reservation under my name. Again, I have an AP. Last time I traveled alone. This time I have another person in the room with me who is not an AP holder.

This time, I could not use my existing MDE account to log into the BOG FP system, because under that MDE account, the BOG FP system would not give me any opportunity anywhere to enter my new resort reservation number. So, I set up a new MDE account in order to be able to input my resort reservation number. I think others have figured out this workaround, so this is nothing new.

Unfortunately, this didn't help ... I was able to link the resort reservation number, but the BOG FP system was only showing availability for the upcoming 7 days, possibly because I have an AP. And it was not showing my full travel party, it was only showing me! Theories are that the BOG system is somehow "stuck" on my old resort reservation and not loading my new one, even though I linked it up.

Someone on this thread suggested I try this, and it worked!:

1. Cleared all web browser cache/cookies!

2. On the BOG FP main login page, I set up a brand new My Disney Experience account, in the name of a member of my upcoming WDW travel party who is listed on my resort reservation. In my case, this person did not already have a MDE account, and is not an annual passholder.

3. Upon setting up this new MDE account via the BOG FP system, when prompted, I linked it to my upcoming resort reservation number.

4. This resolved the issue - I can now see the FULL travel party on the BOG FP "select your party" page, and the dates shown for the lunch fastpasses correspond correctly to the dates of our resort reservation. I then made my FP reservation successfully!

We may be dropping a reservation for 4 at 5p on the 12th. I will pm you to coordinate, before we do, if that's helpful. I have to secure a lunch FP+ first and confirm the change with my husband as it was supposed to be our anniversary dinner, of sorts...

Yes, please send me a PM if that's what you decide to do. I would definitely take it. Thanks!

Well that was a bust. Set my alarm to wake up at 2:30am ET to grab a FP for BOG, logged in, and nothing available for 2/12. Checked again just now. Still nothing.

When I tried selecting a different day, there appears to be plenty of availability on 2/11, but nothing on 2/12.

I'd still like to nab a dinner reservation, fur the lunch FP was my backup. Even that doesn't appear to panning out.

Well that was a bust. Set my alarm to wake up at 2:30am ET to grab a FP for BOG, logged in, and nothing available for 2/12. Checked again just now. Still nothing.

When I tried selecting a different day, there appears to be plenty of availability on 2/11, but nothing on 2/12.

I'd still like to nab a dinner reservation, fur the lunch FP was my backup. Even that doesn't appear to panning out.

I think you are still one day early. I think if you try again tomorrow, you will be getting one. Don't bother doing the 2:30 am thing...just wait until 7 am. I was able to get mine at 8 am on the exact 27 day mark.

Good Luck:cool1:

We had to cancel a November vacation due to medical issues. At first I couldn't look at our May vacation week because the site automatically went to our cancelled trip dates. I tried to check with my DH's email but it automatically showed the next seven days of dates...every time...aghhh!! But then as soon as the cancelled November vacation dates passed, I was able to see our May vacation week! Next problem...we have a new trip for October but can't see those dates through any email sign in. Oh, well.

hello,

My daughter just decided to come with us to Disney and she is on our reservation for the Polynesian but I can't figure out how to either add her to our BOG FP or even create a brand new ressie for the three of us? It keeps just saying me and my husband as the party members? How do I make her a party member too?

I think you are still one day early. I think if you try again tomorrow, you will be getting one. Don't bother doing the 2:30 am thing...just wait until 7 am. I was able to get mine at 8 am on the exact 27 day mark.

Good Luck:cool1:

Ug. You're right, I'm an idiot. I was going off the MDE website, which tells me I have 27 days to go, but that's 27 days until we check into the resort. Tomorrow will be 27 days until we will actually be in the Magic Kingdom and looking to eat at BOG.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter