Be Our Guest - new info

goofyintoronto

DIS Veteran
Im sure this source isnt very reliable (source: another disney planning related website), but I read on another website that Be Our Guest restaurant will be 2 QS credits at lunch and 2 TS at dinner! Anyone else hear this? Im curious. :confused3

I think they are mixing it up with Le Cellier.

There are no 2 credit CS restaurants. I suppose this could be the first, but it would be a BIG change, so I won't trust that info unless it comes from Disney itself and not another planning website. And the Disney Parks Blog (an official Disney source) already said it would be 1 TS for dinner. Not that the parks blog couldn't be wrong, or Disney wouldn't observe the enormous anticipation on this restaurant and change things.

If it is the same website referred to by the post on the Reservations board, that was in a Facebook post and the info does not appear on that website itself, I just checked it. Of course, it didn't have a search function that I could find.

I think they are mixing it up with Le Cellier.

There are no 2 credit CS restaurants. I suppose this could be the first, but it would be a BIG change, so I won't trust that info unless it comes from Disney itself and not another planning website. And the Disney Parks Blog already said it would be 1 TS for dinner.

If it is the same website referred to by the post on the Reservations board, that was in a Facebook post and the info does not appear on that website itself, I just checked it. Of course, it didn't have a search function that I could find.

They were specifically talking about Be Our Guest....but as you said, I dont believe QS will be 2 credits either. I guess we will wait and see. This could be the first, never know!

I, too, saw another Disney TA site post on FB about the 2 QS for lunch and 2 TS for dinner. I do hope not. I'm very skeptical, like y'all, and hope it isn't true, but I wonder. It seems to have caused quite a ruckus on the post that I saw, to the point where the site banned some people! Unfortunately, I came a little late and didn't get to read the entire convo :confused3 So I guess we'll continue to wait... :surfweb:

I, too, saw another Disney TA site post on FB about the 2 QS for lunch and 2 TS for dinner. I do hope not. I'm very skeptical, like y'all, and hope it isn't true, but I wonder. It seems to have caused quite a ruckus on the post that I saw, to the point where the site banned some people! Unfortunately, I came a little late and didn't get to read the entire convo :confused3 So I guess we'll continue to wait... :surfweb:

You and I saw the same post on FB then, cause a few minutes ago i did read the post where the admin said they deleted nasty comments and banned ppl! Not sure how reliable that place is with their info, but until i hear it directly from disney, i wont believe a thing.

You and I saw the same post on FB then, cause a few minutes ago i did read the post where the admin said they deleted nasty comments and banned ppl! Not sure how reliable that place is with their info, but until i hear it directly from disney, i wont believe a thing.

I must have saw this same post. I have to admit it doesn't make a whole lot of sense. I'm not saying it won't happen, but it just seems weird. If they did Be Our Guest CS as 2 credits, then they would probably start doing that to other CS locations. And let's face it, no one is going to like the idea of that.

What's funny is, right after I saw the post I came to the Dis to verify it. lol. I know if it is not on the Dis, then it's probably not true just yet.

from June 27th, direct from Disney -- ""Guests will be able to use one (1) QSR entitlement for lunch or one (1) TSR entitlement for dinner."

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...ntasyland-shares-his-favorites-from-the-menu/

Yes, that's what I've seen too. And funny, as soon as I saw the post, I also came to the DIS to see if it was true! :laughing:

There is another convo going on here: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2911422 about it. When I first saw this thread, I didn't realize there was a whole board for ressies! Go to the end of the thread to see the current discussion.

I just really hope it's a character meal for dinner...it's sad and odd that the only character meal at MK is pooh and friends...soooo overdone!!

I just really hope it's a character meal for dinner...it's sad and odd that the only character meal at MK is pooh and friends...soooo overdone!!

It is NOT going to be a character meal. And Pooh is not the only character meal (CP). You are forgetting about CRT- princesses up the wazoo.

I'd love to know how that rumor about 2 CS and 2 TS credits even got started, since we've already seen 2 credible Disney sources state otherwise just in the last couple of weeks. I don't believe a word of it- it makes no sense whatsoever.

I just noticed that under Be Our Guest Restaurant on the new 2013 food plan listing, it only says Lunch. Does this mean that only the counter service is scheduled to be opened by fall. Maybe the dinners won't be available until further into 2013?

Yes, Everything Walt Disney World is stating this BoG counter service is going to be 2 credits and dinner is going to be 2 TS credits. They say they hear their info straight from Disney but won't say what the person does. I believe they are a travel agency.

I sure hope this is not true.

I just noticed that under Be Our Guest Restaurant on the new 2013 food plan listing, it only says Lunch. Does this mean that only the counter service is scheduled to be opened by fall. Maybe the dinners won't be available until further into 2013?
They split up the QS and TS into two different categories. It's there for dinner under the TS one

2013 DDP Brochure/QS Section said:
Magic Kingdom® Park
Be Our Guest Restaurant (L)
(scheduled to open Fall 2012)
Casey’s Corner (L,D)
Columbia Harbour House (L,D)
Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Cafe (L,D)...

2013 DDP Brochure/TS Section said:
Magic Kingdom® Park
Be Our Guest Restaurant (D)
(scheduled to open Fall 2012)
Liberty Tree Tavern (L,D)
The Plaza Restaurant (L,D)
Tony’s Town Square Restaurant (L,D)

The Be our Guest TS is under the Table Service restaurants :)

minnie mum said:
It is NOT going to be a character meal. And Pooh is not the only character meal (CP). You are forgetting about CRT- princesses up the wazoo.

I'd love to know how that rumor about 2 CS and 2 TS credits even got started, since we've already seen 2 credible Disney sources state otherwise just in the last couple of weeks. I don't believe a word of it- it makes no sense whatsoever.

The TA who I first saw posting it on her Facebook page said she got it in an email from her agency. She said they'd also been told very late December or early January for opening, which seems later than indicated in other rumors. The second TA said she'd gotten it from her Disney rep, who had never been wrong in the past. I just find it odd that two TAs got told this and yet no one else did, after the official blog said specifically, not a month ago, that it was 1CS for lunch and 1TS for dinner. They were both very defensive about it, too. This feels to me like the Aug. 4 ADR rumor, which has since been scrubbed from the site that posted it. I am not believing it.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Yes, Everything Walt Disney World is stating this BoG counter service is going to be 2 credits and dinner is going to be 2 TS credits. They say they hear their info straight from Disney but won't say what the person does. I believe they are a travel agency.

I sure hope this is not true.

Maybe I'm not reading your post properly, but the Disney website officially said its one CS credit at lunch and one TS credit at dinner......so I'm confused by your post.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter