Be Our Guest on MVMCP Night, observation

So basically in order to make a reservation, you have to buy and commit to a party ticket six months prior?

So basically in order to make a reservation, you have to buy and commit to a party ticket six months prior?
No.

Anyone can make a reservation, same as is true with any in-park eatery, without a ticket purchased/in-hand.

But you have to have the ticket to actually be allowed to EAT.

No.

Anyone can make a reservation, same as is true with any in-park eatery, without a ticket purchased/in-hand.

But you have to have the ticket to actually be allowed to EAT.

Oh okay. Thanks. I'd like to try to make a 7:30 reservation on 6/4, but I really didn't wanna buy the tickets right now. So as long as you have the tickets when you check into your reservation, you're fine?

Just an update. After missing on getting a dinner reservation on 11/15 at my 180+10 day mark I kept watching. Just today 2 reservations popper up. One for 6:20 and 6:30 or so. So persistence paid off. I don't know if they freed up some later reservations or there cancellations.

One final thing, at the very top of the last page to confirm was the section about requiring a party ticket for that night (we do).

I have a question - cause i cant reason this out in my head... I was just checking reservations fro BOG and there are ones available several nights during the sold out parties 11/27/-12/01 - or at least they do not show as being available on the website. Will there be more tickets sold or are those reservations out of reach to anyone that does not already have a ticket for that night? I was so excited but I am starting to come down from my high! LOL!

I have a question - cause i cant reason this out in my head... I was just checking reservations fro BOG and there are ones available several nights during the sold out parties 11/27/-12/01 - or at least they do not show as being available on the website. Will there be more tickets sold or are those reservations out of reach to anyone that does not already have a ticket for that night? I was so excited but I am starting to come down from my high! LOL!
I don't think any of the parties are sold out, and when I look at the site I can buy for all of those dates.

But yes, when a date sells out, you still can't have a party time ADR without a ticket.

could it be that passholders are blocked from some dates? I can only see 12/01 as available?

could it be that passholders are blocked from some dates? I can only see 12/01 as available?
That appears to be the issue. I logged out and now I can see all dates as available. Thanks for jogging my brain. :)

Check the email they sent with the confirmation. A good chance the warning will be there

My email says this quite prominently for my 6:20 reservation with party starting a 7:00:

Magic Kingdom Park
Your reservation occurs during a special event, which requires a separate admission ticket for park entry. Please ensure all members of your dining party hold tickets for this event.

The stuff overlapping Thanksgiving weekend-ish wouldn't get a pass holder discount, but they ain't even close to sold out.

Nonetheless, once they sell out, even then people can't do a 7PM ADR without a ticket. If no tickets can be bought, well...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter