Be Our Guest or 1900 Park Fare dinner?

eeyoresmom

DIS Veteran
Which would you choose? We are bringing a first timer young lady. Our family has eaten breakfast and lunch several times at BOG but never dinner. We have had an ADR at Park Fare for several weeks and I as the planner was very happy with it. She will like the monorail ride through the resorts and the step sisters are a hoot. BOG dinner just popped up and I grabbed it but I don't know which to keep......

BOG dinner will get you a meet with Beast(Love him) but I think 1900 PF would be my choice. I always wanted to experience the step sisters! The buffet is great and the hotel is beautiful! Your first timer will love seeing the Grand!

Is this for before or after the menu change at Be Our Guest?

I really like Be Our Guest, but I don't know what it will be like after the menu change in July.

1900 Park Fare is also good, though we always seem to end up waiting forever for our table, and we did not have very interactive stepsisters at our 1900 Park Fare dinner.

I don't think either one is a bad choice, but my preference is Be Our Guest (current menu).

Is this for before or after the menu change at Be Our Guest?

I really like Be Our Guest, but I don't know what it will be like after the menu change in July.

1900 Park Fare is also good, though we always seem to end up waiting forever for our table, and we did not have very interactive stepsisters at our 1900 Park Fare dinner.

I don't think either one is a bad choice, but my preference is Be Our Guest (current menu).
It will be for the current menu. Our trip is at the end of May.

I have never been to 1900 but my girls LOVED BOG so much that it was their only request for this trip. How old is your girl? Mine were 2.5 and 6, and they got so excited to see the beast and the themeing is so good that they really thought they were in the castle and it was actually snowing outside. It really was the most magical meal we had.

Our first timer is ACTUALLY a young lady, 19 yo, haha.
I have never been to 1900 but my girls LOVED BOG so much that it was their only request for this trip. How old is your girl? Mine were 2.5 and 6, and they got so excited to see the beast and the themeing is so good that they really thought they were in the castle and it was actually snowing outside. It really was the most magical meal we had.

Our first timer is ACTUALLY a young lady, 19 yo, haha.

LOL! I have teeny girls on the brain every day, with 3 under 7! That being said, BOG had the best food we had that trip too, so it’s not just a kid thing. It’s the one I look forward to most as well.

1900 Park Fare- HANDS DOWN.
Awesome buffet, strawberry soup is phenomenal, and the characters are Cinderella, Prince Charming, and the stepsisters (which are a hoot)

We went to BOG several years ago and will not go back. Food and service both were awful and you don't get near the experience like 1900 Park Fare.

Another vote for 1900 Park Fare. Food is much better and a better character interaction.

I have both reserved in May and I am going to cancel 1900. Haven’t been to either and our four grandkids are 1 through 5 but for us the choice came down to logistics. MK is our last park day so BOG will be an early dinner there. When I made the ADRs I didn’t know exactly how park days and FP would end up and now 1900 doesn’t fit in as well on our ADR day. But for a 19 YO, if you aren’t going to be at MK anyway, I think I’d keep 1900. Go to the GF and enjoy Mizner’s Lounge and the live music before dinner.

Tough choice... mainly because I think BOG would be good for the first timer but I prefer the food at 1900 PF. Maybe you can try for breakfast or lunch at BOG so she can see the inside and keep your 1900 PF reservation. If you can't get bkfst or lunch I think I would keep BOG over 1900 PF for this trip.

I really like 1900. The food and characters were really great. We went to BOG once for dinner and just couldn't figure out why people were so excited about it, but everyone is different. You may love it.

I would do BoG while you have the chance to eat there reasonably. The mussels appetizer was great and the kid meal is a huge bargain. It will cost me 2.5x as much to eat there next time so I'm glad I did it under the old menu.

I found the food at 1900 to be TERRIBLE. Awful quality, awful selection. Dessert selection was sad. Step sisters were funny but it still wasnt worth the price. Not to mention the tired decore...not worth it in my opinion. I'd go with BOG for sure! Food is better, decore is awesome, plus you get to meet the beast!

Tough choice... mainly because I think BOG would be good for the first timer but I prefer the food at 1900 PF. Maybe you can try for breakfast or lunch at BOG so she can see the inside and keep your 1900 PF reservation. If you can't get bkfst or lunch I think I would keep BOG over 1900 PF for this trip.
Good tip. She is returning for a 5 day trip in September and they have a lunch ADR then.

I'd go with BOG. I really like that restaurant and meeting the Beast is an extra treat. Since you are going before the menu changes over I think this is the best time to go. The prices will be way more reasonable than they are going to become. I also feel like 1900 is a lot easier to get a reservation for so you shouldn't have too much issue getting it for another trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter