• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Be Our Guest restaurant walk-ins

Probably rare, but people who have reservations who are going to cancel need to do so by 11:59 the night before, so you could start checking the app the day before up until a bit after midnight to possibly snag someone who has cancelled. I do not think you would get a reservation just walking up. Book a back up if anything is available and then cancel if you get a BOG res
It's actually 24 hours in advance to cancel without penalty. The cancellations could happen at any hour not just prior to midnight the night before.

Last week I had lunch reservations there. As I was checking in, a lady next to me was yelling at the CM because she couldn't get in. "You mean to tell me you have nothing available for the entire day?" Um, yeah. People make reservations 180 days in advance. It's hard to imagine people not knowing the importance of planning. I would have felt bad for her if she weren't being so nasty to the CM.

As pp have said, get signed up with Touring Plans reservation finder. I have scored 3 BOG that way. Good luck!!

Just to echo what others have said...just keep checking and try the TP reservation finder. I'm traveling with my sisters the week after Easter, and made a lunch ADR for the end of our week at 180 day mark. Then, one sister and I tacked on a couple of extra days on the front end of the trip. She really wanted to do either CP or BOG for a late breakfast on the extra day. She's never been to BOG and she was really excited about it.

Anyway, the TP reservation finder came up with a couple of BOG reservations this past week, but they weren't the time we wanted. I kept renewing it, but also checked myself and the time we wanted for 4/17 came up yesterday.

My long-winded point is that people change their plans all the time - we had multiple options during a busy time of year under the two week mark, so check when you can! And my personal experience has been over the years that I have the best luck either first thing in the morning or right before i go to bed - I don't know why? :confused3

I'll keep checking for our August trip. We were there two years ago for Breakfast, but I really wanted a lunch or dinner this time. I had no idea it was still so hard to get reservations there and we started booking the trip only a month ago.

I tried for about 3 months 2-3 times a day and finally snagged an early dinner ADR via MDE. I know I was lucky, but it can happen.

When you open the MDE app, you will see a map of the World. Across the top is a list of options--wait times, attractions, dining, etc. Move to dining. Then on the bottom right of the screen there is a place to show the restaurants as a list and a filter. Use the filter to opt for MK and reservations accepted. BOG is the first restaurant. Click on BOG. It will ask for the number of guests, then a calendar will pop up and you pick the date. Then you pick a time, either breakfast, lunch, dinner or a specific time. The app will search 2 hours before and after the chosen time. I hope this helps. And makes sense.

It's actually 24 hours in advance to cancel without penalty. The cancellations could happen at any hour not just prior to midnight the night before.

Last week I had lunch reservations there. As I was checking in, a lady next to me was yelling at the CM because she couldn't get in. "You mean to tell me you have nothing available for the entire day?" Um, yeah. People make reservations 180 days in advance. It's hard to imagine people not knowing the importance of planning. I would have felt bad for her if she weren't being so nasty to the CM.

As pp have said, get signed up with Touring Plans reservation finder. I have scored 3 BOG that way. Good luck!!
No, PP was correct. They say 24 hours, but they mean 11:59 PM the day before.

Thanks for everyone's replies! Okay, I got the BOG breakfast reservation for the 10th (9:05am) but is the cancellation 24 hours prior or 11:59pm the day before? Does that mean I have to cancel it before 9:05am today (whatever time they're running on) or just by the 11:59 time mark? Super confusing :(

Thanks for everyone's replies! Okay, I got the BOG breakfast reservation for the 10th (9:05am) but is the cancellation 24 hours prior or 11:59pm the day before? Does that mean I have to cancel it before 9:05am today (whatever time they're running on) or just by the 11:59 time mark? Super confusing :(
By 11:59pm the day before the ADR is for

From everything I've read on here, it's rare. You probably have to walk up to the host stand the moment they mark someone as a no-show. For both lunch and dinner, I believe they book to capacity.

Your better bet would be to keep checking on MDE to see if someone cancels online, and snag that reservation as soon as it hits. People have had luck checking the day before going, as other people cancel to avoid a no-show fee.
Last-minute planning for a trip on April 10-13. How much luck have you people had with BOG walk-ins on the day? Nothing available on the MDE app, I'm afraid. I'm planning to go into MK on the morning of the 10th and ask if there have been any last-minute cancellations--preferably for dinner but any time is good, really, even later that same day or the next three days (we have park hoppers). How often do you see people getting last-minute walk-ins or reservations for BOG?

Thanks for the tip! I'm still relatively new to the app, is there a way to search by restaurant on the app for all times (and not just by breakfast, lunch or dinner)? Seems to save loading times...
I wish there were - it would make things easier! But I never found one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter