Be Our Guest Signature Dining

DISNEYWITHCHILDREN

Mouseketeer
I am shocked that I am still having a hard time finding BOG dinner for the fall. I am curious-do people not realize the menu and dining credits changing or they just want to dine at BOG. I am really wanting to try the new menu. Just curious on everyone's opinions on why still so hard to get.

I'm not sure but my guess is the venue and The Beast. Keep trying. I just scored lunch in early August; could only find breakfast before.

Are you trying for dinner on a MNSSHP night? I've tried for 8/24 since they opened up reservations for BOG dinner and nothing was available. I'm actually curious if anyone has a BOG dinner reservation on a MNSSHP night.

I live nearby so not trying for any specific date. I just find it interesting that it seems to be just as hard as before. I figure sooner or later I will find one. I think my daughter who is 10 would actually like the menu a lot-she LOVES Tiffins specifically for the octopus. I kind of think a lot may not realize the changes. Once it actually opens and guests get there and realize they can't order one dessert for 4 people to share guests may not be as happy about going. I could be wrong. I was just curious on people's thoughts.

I'm guessing a lot of people still don't know about the menu change. I feel bad for the CMs who will have to deal with the irate guests who show up not knowing when it first changes over.

I suspect many know about the change, but just want to eat at BoG. I'm sure this is what Disney was counting on with its popularity and I doubt the change to a Signature Dining location (whether it really qualifies or not) will have much effect on its popularity. Hopefully it does improve its food quality.

I would say that I think it will be just as popular once the change occurs so reservations will still be just as hard to come by, but then I am always surprised by the number of people who say they go and just order a cupcake. Based on those numbers I am guessing there will be a lot of angry people when they get there and discover that it has changed. I haven't made a reservation for after the change yet but I am assuming the new prices structure is listed when you make an ADR so it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

I haven't made a reservation for after the change yet but I am assuming the new prices structure is listed when you make an ADR so it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

I wondered about this, so tried making a reservation, and of course, there is NO availability at all the whole month of Sept or Oct. So still don't know if it's on the reservation page. If you go through the BoG page, it is highlighted in RED that there is a change coming and gives details. Just don't know if that is there if you search by looking for any dinner at MK. I'll keep trying.

The appeal to me, as a first timer, is getting to see the castle and meeting the Beast. The menu and price is secondary to that, for us. Of course, I don't know if I'll manage to get a reservation or not when my 180+10 days comes up, but I'm hopeful.

I haven't been to BOG in years, but with the new menu and change to prix fix I wanted to give it a try again. I also think that the $55 price won't last long, and isn't a bad oop price, so I would like to get in before that goes up.

I have a reservation for around 5:30 on a party night in September.

I haven't been to BOG in years, but with the new menu and change to prix fix I wanted to give it a try again. I also think that the $55 price won't last long, and isn't a bad oop price, so I would like to get in before that goes up.

I have a reservation for around 5:30 on a party night in September.

Same here! I've never tried BOG but I'm interested in grabbing a dinner reservation in June for our December trip. $55 pp looks pretty good. Hopefully it won't change before the end of the year.

I have been trying to get a dinner here for the night that works with my schedule but was only able to get one on a party night. Ugh

I would say that I think it will be just as popular once the change occurs so reservations will still be just as hard to come by, but then I am always surprised by the number of people who say they go and just order a cupcake. Based on those numbers I am guessing there will be a lot of angry people when they get there and discover that it has changed. I haven't made a reservation for after the change yet but I am assuming the new prices structure is listed when you make an ADR so it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

So supposedly this is why they changed it-it was problematic having a party of 3/4/5 ordering just a cupcake or 2. But i don't think it would say anything when you make the ADR-I mean does 'Ohana say it's a prix fix. I bet guests don't realize it. It wouldn't surprise me if they start having people pre pay.

So supposedly this is why they changed it-it was problematic having a party of 3/4/5 ordering just a cupcake or 2. But i don't think it would say anything when you make the ADR-I mean does 'Ohana say it's a prix fix. I bet guests don't realize it. It wouldn't surprise me if they start having people pre pay.

Posters here have concluded that the switch to prixe fixe is due to guests ordering just cupcakes, but I’m not so sure.

It’s a hard ADR to get, and I think the change is Disney’s way of maximizing its profit share of the popularity.

Think about it—if everyone dining there is paying $55 (and ITA that price won’t last long) for a very limited menu, you can streamline the food production, keep the waitstaff happy as they’re getting tipped on that amount, and collect a decent price for every adult who eats there. It’s a win-win for Disney. :)

I could only get 4pm at the end of August. Not a busy time because I had my pick of CRT times and other harder to get ADR's. I assume it is just BOG. The restaurant has a huge seating capacity so it surprises me for certain times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter