Be Our Guest vs Crystal Palace Character Breakfast

sjones88

Earning My Ears
Hi y’all!!!

I go to Disney multiple times a year- childless millennial here lol- but this upcoming August I’m taking my niece and nephews, boys ages 5 and 4, and little girl age 2, for their first ever Disney trip. I haven’t done character dining since I was little back in the late 90s. Currently debating between Be Our Guest and Crystal Palace Character breakfast, what do y’all think is better for kids that age? Thanks for your help!

I wouldn't hesitate to do Crystal Palace. First of all my kids love buffets (not us grownups but the bread pudding french toast does get us here....) but they just love walking in and being able to eat immediately and it happens to be that Crystal Palace is a great buffet, I would argue one of the best breakfast buffets on property next to Boma. Also for that age, the characters are great, I would just put on a few Winnie the Pooh movies for them and you'll be set and they'll be in heaven!

Be Our Guest is wonderful too, but the food is not as great for breakfast (not as many options for younger eaters) there are no characters there other than the Beast at dinner time so really it is just the palace and while the rooms are beautiful, I don't think it is anywhere near as fun for the little ones as the characters at the Crystal Palace. Also the crystal palace characters have great interactions with the kids and the atmosphere is so bright and lovely.

Also, the one room in the Beast's castle is a bit dark and spooky and while fun, I think it has an appeal for a slightly older age...maybe 7 to 10.

I am bringing my 4 year old there for dinner, but only because she LOVES the beast and she will just be in heaven when she meets him and it happens to be that Beauty and the Beast is one of her favorite movies. Also, the food at dinner is much better, I think.

Good luck!

CP is a great character buffet. Who doesn’t love pooh?

i have a great picture of my parents w goofy. His paw is over my dads face while he loves on mom
great memories

Crystal Palace is a kid favorite (and most adults as well!). The buffet and the characters... Its a win win.

My youngest loves Crystal Palace and the Winnie the Pooh stuffed french toast! I do wish they had the POG juice though. We have not eaten at Be Our Guest for breakfast.

BOG us good for a quick PPO breakfast to get in the park a bit early. The food is fine. The setting is cool to see. There are no characters.

Crystal Palace is good for a fun, longer experience. The food is yummy, the characters are great, the setting is pretty. If you are going for all around experience this one wins for kids IMO. It does take longer so I would personally do a later breakfast so as not to miss good touring time first thing.

Given the ages of the kids, I would do Crystal Palace.
Lots of characters for them to see.
At BoG, you will see beast only at dinner. And he can be scary for younger kids. For breakfast, there are no characters.
Also consider Tusker House at Animal Kingdom. Good food and fun characters.

It looks like your doing Magic Kingdom that day have you thought of Ohana for breakfast? That way they meet Mickey and Stitch.

Crystal Palace without a doubt. I have such fond memories of going there when my kids were little. It's a fun place and kids love buffets.

Are you on the dining plan? Because the BOG is ridiculously overpriced if you are paying out of pocket but it’s a great use of a QS credit on dining plan. Also BOG isn’t character dining for breakfast or lunch. The dinner basically only has a photo op with Beast.

CP has the Pooh Characters, Tusker House has Safari Mickey & Friends, Garden Grill has Mickey and Chip & Dale with family style dining so no trying to corral multiple little ones through a buffet line. There’s Princess dining at Cinderella’s Royal Table and Norway in Epcot. Hollywood & Vine in HS has Disney Jr Character Breakfast with Minnie and Mickey Seasonal theme character dining lunch/dinner.

Basically what’s their favorite characters and there is probably a dining opponent with them.

Are you taking any other grownups with you? I would not want to be solely responsible for fixing all the kids plates at the buffet in addition to taking pics with the characters.

BOG us good for a quick PPO breakfast to get in the park a bit early. The food is fine. The setting is cool to see. There are no characters.

Crystal Palace is good for a fun, longer experience. The food is yummy, the characters are great, the setting is pretty. If you are going for all around experience this one wins for kids IMO. It does take longer so I would personally do a later breakfast so as not to miss good touring time first thing.
This is what I was going to say. For us, the only reason to do BOG breakfast is to get an 8am adr, and be out in time to ride 7dmt before rope drop (never a guarantee.) On the otherhand doing a PPO breakfast at CP will put you behind the rope drop crowd, so if that's what you choose to go with; I'd do the latest breakfast possible.

Are you taking any other grownups with you? I would not want to be solely responsible for fixing all the kids plates at the buffet in addition to taking pics with the characters.
Good point about the ages and buffets...that would be challenging....doable but challenging.

We haven’t done BOG, so I can’t comment on that, but we love CP! I think the kids are at good ages for it. Another poster suggested Ohana, which is a good idea if you don’t want a buffet. That is my kids’ favorite character meal.

For kids that age, I would go with CP. Save the BOG for when they're older.
Kids that age often appreciate Pooh and friends.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter