Be Our Guest walk-ups?

xApril

DIS Veteran
Going for a day trip tomorrow with a friend who has never been to MK ever. I wanted to do BOG but I know things have been crazy with fastpass+ only and what not. I had read somewhere they were offering return time tickets if you got there early enough? Should we bother?

Thanks in advance.

I don't know the answer for you, but if you do try will please report back about how they are running this now? DD is going down in a few weeks and DGrD3 wants so badly to eat at Beasts castle, but they are staying at the Dolphin so can't get an advanced lunch FP. I'm hoping they can check in at 10:30 and get a return time that doesn't conflict with their FP+ times. Good luck and enjoy - we've really enjoyed this lunch on our last few trips.

Going for a day trip tomorrow with a friend who has never been to MK ever. I wanted to do BOG but I know things have been crazy with fastpass+ only and what not. I had read somewhere they were offering return time tickets if you got there early enough? Should we bother?

Thanks in advance.

BOG is now operating on a FP+ only reservation system. Return time tickets are no longer being given out nor is there a stand-by line.

BOG is now operating on a FP+ only reservation system. Return time tickets are no longer being given out nor is there a stand-by line.

I was there on Thursday, they were handing out return tickets. When I left at 12:20, I heard a cm telling a couple that she had tickets for 1:35 to 1:50. They were not happy, I think they wanted in immediately.

We were there on Monday and they were definitely handing out return tickets. I have to say had I realized they were running a fast pass only no stand by I would have never booked it, they essentially turned the fast pass line into the stand by line it took us an hour just to order and get seated....nothing fast about that!

I was there on Thursday, they were handing out return tickets. When I left at 12:20, I heard a cm telling a couple that she had tickets for 1:35 to 1:50. They were not happy, I think they wanted in immediately.

Oh, that's good to hear! The last I read was about it being FP+ only, a huge negative for daytrippers and those staying offsite.

We were there on Monday and they were definitely handing out return tickets. I have to say had I realized they were running a fast pass only no stand by I would have never booked it, they essentially turned the fast pass line into the stand by line it took us an hour just to order and get seated....nothing fast about that!

This was the third time I've done the BOG fastpass (last November, May, now). This was the quickest of the 3. They had my preorder so I went right down the ramp, I was met by someone who gave me my receipt and I found a seat. The return ticket people were being sent down the ramp to the order stations, there was no line forming on the ramp so it was very efficient. They were filling up the place, I had a hard time finding a seat at first.

Ain't nobody got time for that!

We were going to give it a try in May, but I'm not about to wait over an hour for quick service.

We went over shortly before 10:30 this morning and they said there was a standby line. It was down the bridge and onto the second bridge about halfway. They said it isn't guaranteed we would get in but we ended up in. We were leaving after eating fairly slow around 11:28.

When we left it was now closed to standby people, just fastpass. The lady outside was telling people to check back before 2:30 though. So it seems you have to be willing to eat at 10am.

This was the third time I've done the BOG fastpass (last November, May, now). This was the quickest of the 3. They had my preorder so I went right down the ramp, I was met by someone who gave me my receipt and I found a seat. The return ticket people were being sent down the ramp to the order stations, there was no line forming on the ramp so it was very efficient. They were filling up the place, I had a hard time finding a seat at first.

If people pre ordered they went down the left side of the ramp and was able to go ahead but for the people such as myself who did not pre order we had to wait to the right and it was an hour.

We went over shortly before 10:30 this morning and they said there was a standby line. It was down the bridge and onto the second bridge about halfway. They said it isn't guaranteed we would get in but we ended up in. We were leaving after eating fairly slow around 11:28. When we left it was now closed to standby people, just fastpass. The lady outside was telling people to check back before 2:30 though. So it seems you have to be willing to eat at 10am.

That line was crazy today! We walked by at 10:45.

If people pre ordered they went down the left side of the ramp and was able to go ahead but for the people such as myself who did not pre order we had to wait to the right and it was an hour.

Did you wait outside? When I went in around 11:30 on Thursday, there was no line outside. Maybe they passed out too many return tickets on your day.

We were there last Friday. Asked about a paper fastpass around 10:00 am and told stand-by line only. Had a FP+ for Mine Train, so returned right after and missed the stand-by line by one family! CM hinted to hang around for 10 minutes. Soon after, they started handing out paper fastpasses and we got one for 11:30. No line or wait with the paper fastpass. Don't give up hope if you want to eat at BOG! :flower3:

Any more news on how this is working? Planning/hoping to go to BOG for lunch tomorrow. Don't really want to eat lunch at 10am though.

Any more news on how this is working? Planning/hoping to go to BOG for lunch tomorrow. Don't really want to eat lunch at 10am though.
Friday was Fastpass only, and if you hadn't preordered it was still a 45 minute line. By preordering our wait was more like 10 minutes in line. Sunday I went by and it was standby and Fastpass return tickets. The line was past the bridge and running along the wall. (We ate elsewhere.)

I was just there and spoke to a CM. She told me that Be Our Guest was originally supposed to be only for fast pass plus during lunch. They are trying to get back on track to that and that this will be the permanent change. No stand by lines.

Was there on Saturday 10/25 - i had booked a Fastpass exactly 27 days out but did not pre-order (with the idea that our preferences might change) The fastpass line was absolutely ridiculous. We waited over 45 minutes in line and then to order. I saw some people with paper standby tickets, which upsets me that they were able to stand on the same line as the fast pass folks, even though myself and others took the time to book our fastpass days in advance.

I would have definitely pre-ordered my meal if i knew this was going to be such chaos. The pre-order people waited 10-15 minutes at most, and were able to change their orders if needed.

Wow. I'm shocked at the FP+ waits. We've eaten there a few times in the standby line, and although the line looked huge we never waited more than 20 minutes, even the time we went right at noon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter