• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Be Our Guest...which room to pick?

I’m so glad you posted this. We are going for the first time on our trip next month. When you check in do you tell them where you want to sit?

I’m so glad you posted this. We are going for the first time on our trip next month. When you check in do you tell them where you want to sit?

Not for lunch, no. You walk around and find your own open table. They locate you by your magic band. If you don't have magic band then I think they use some sort of other locator that they give you.

Dan

Not for lunch, no. You walk around and find your own open table. They locate you by your magic band. If you don't have magic band then I think they use some sort of other locator that they give you.

When we were there last they used the rose to locate you if you did not have a magic band.

Dan

Dan

It depends on the day. The last 2 times I ate there for lunch (Jan 2014 and May 2017), we were seated by a CM for lunch. I requested West Wing both times...it was full the first time, but we got in the 2nd time.

But yes, lunch can be seat yourself. Again, just depends on the day.

West Wing - small, dark, louder, rose and hard to find table sometimes ... very personal if your thing or not.
Ballroom - large, beautiful, love to study the room and ceiling, love the tables by the windows and snow ... most feels like movie.
Gallery - large, Beauty and Beast dancing on music box, seems popular with young families and loud .............. NOT IN MOVIE, so I avoid it.

Well, we have never really "picked," we sat down where we could find clean space. Sometimes it can be a challenge.
We have eaten in all three rooms. Music box room is not bad, per se, but our least favorite. The main ballroom is iconic.
The problem with the west wing--we have eaten in there three or four times--is that all eight bazillion people eating there come into the room. And, they stand right next to your table. Bump you...and the list goes on...

Eaten in the ballroom and the west wing, west wing was neat but so dark.. Ball room is just gorgeous but GOOD LORD its Loud in there.. I want to try the Gallery but not sure bc we have a dinner and I just cant imagine not eating dinner in the ballroom and we have a breakfast with some family who haven't been so of course I want them to sit in the ballroom...

Off topic question: I read a review of dinner and the review said they were handed a "lighted Lumier" as they were being led to their table (they didn't get to keep it of course) is this the Norm??

We liked the main ballroom right next to the windows so we could watch it snow!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter