Be Our Guest: Yay or Nay?

We've not had the opportunity to secure a reservation. Planning a trip in August 2022 and will try again.

We used to do it for Breakfast and Lunch when it was quick service(1 QS credit on the dining plan which was great value)

Just had the chance to try dinner there for the first time in Feb and we really enjoyed it. I had the steak and my wife had the chicken and we both really enjoyed our meals. Only part that sucks is the bill LOL!

It is cool to see the inside of the restaurant. Unfortunately after you are seated it goes downhill quickly. Everything is oversalted to hide the fact that it really isn't that good.

It is cool to see the inside of the restaurant. Unfortunately after you are seated it goes downhill quickly. Everything is oversalted to hide the fact that it really isn't that good.

I suppose it to be a "one and done" experience... that was my assumption anyway. I'm looking forward to just saying I've done it and if I'm not a fan, definitely won't need to return again.

Dinner has gone downhill. The onion soup was still good when I went last year, but the filet was actually better at CRT. Not nearly as good as when they first switched to the prix fixe menu pre-Covid. We are skipping it on our upcoming trip.

Thoroughly enjoyed it on multiple occasions when it was quick service lunch.

Have not been since they changed it from that. The menu just doesn't appeal to us. Shame, because I do enjoy the atmosphere in there.

We really enjoyed BOG until they jacked up the prices. For a party of four $248 plus tax and tip is too much especially when the entrees are not very big. The ambiance is nice, but I'd rather hit Crystal Palace or O'hana so I actually feel full walking away.

We went in 2020 and really enjoyed everything. We have an ADR for our upcoming trip because we like it so much. I think it really is a roll of the dice, who is cooking your dish. That being said, we ate at Crystal palace Oct. 2021 and my DD and I walked out hungry. We could barely find anything edible to eat. But I hear others say they had great food.

Any tips on snagging a reservation? I currently has a CRT reservation, but would really prefer BOG. Should I just keep checking randomly? I know they already charged me for CRT, but I assume they'd just transfer the charge...

However, it looks like people prefer CRT on this thread...
Disney added 2 extra park hours right before our end of March trip (in less than 2 weeks). They will release MK dining for those 2 hours sometime between now-mid week I believe. Boma showed up right away on Friday when they changed the hours (3/29).

Ohana is really bad right now. Steakhouse71 is great if you’re looking for reasonable price

Nay. Just did it. They opened a connected dining room where you don’t even get to experience the ambiance. And I never get the appeal of these high end Disney restaurants. I just dropped $450 at Space for lunch. I also just went to Four Seasons Chicago and it was a way more amazing meal for $350. I’m glad over the years they have better food at Disney, but I’ll take a lobster roll at Harbor House and spend my $450 for dinner next time I’m in Manhattan.
Oh yeah. I'm happy to pay for the dessert party. The price tag is not worth the food, but it's nice to relax for a while in an uncrowded area and then get the prime seating for the fireworks. Totally worth paying for that.

We ate at BOG the first weekend in March. My filet and French onion soup were good but not worth the price tag or how much time this reservation wasted.

Disney added 2 extra park hours right before our end of March trip (in less than 2 weeks). They will release MK dining for those 2 hours sometime between now-mid week I believe. Boma showed up right away on Friday when they changed the hours (3/29).

Ohana is really bad right now.

I never had any issues booking Boma - is that rare?

Also, why is Ohana bad?

I never had any issues booking Boma - is that rare?

Also, why is Ohana bad?
The meats are cold when they bring them in the skillet, same with the noodles (potstickers were good) and slathered in a salty BBQ sauce. You can read reviews on tripadvisor as I'm not alone in that experience. It was just overall unappetizing and salty. The teriyaki sauce just doesn't work with the meat vs the peanut sauce. The dessert was good, but you go to Ohana for the hot meats (we do).

Boma is pretty easy to book as it has huge dining area (was second to Ohana, but now no.1 for us) One diser was able to change his/her reservation today and had several choices.

What do you mean by time the reservation wasted?
It can take up to 2 hours if you're dining in the 5-7 pm group. Checkin alone was around 40 mins and they would not allow us to check in early (only the standard 20 min mobile check in). We had a 6:15 pm reservation and weren't seated until 6:45 despite checking in at 5:55 pm. Entrée didn't show up until 7:30 pm. We asked for desserts to go. We were given a 10% discount.

The experience at park closing is completely different and more relaxed. CMs are exhausted but kind and we've met the chef on a couple of occasions.

Last edited:
Nay...it was one and done for us... If you've never been there I would try it, but the place is very overrated and expensive

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter