Be Our Guest

ArielsLongLostSister

DIS Veteran
Has anyone else been to Be Our Guest? I went for lunch and really enjoyed it. It was a nice change from all the grab and go meals we'd been having (not that those are bad) Just nice to sit down in a more relaxed setting. GORGEOUS, by the way. The detail in the restaurant was amazing. Wanted to eat in the West Wing but it was full :( Sat in the room with the giant Belle/Beast turning statue of them dancing. Food was really good, too!

Thinking of trying in June. Its counter service for lunch correct? How bad was the wait?

We just got back and had lunch at BOG with a FP offer that Disney sent up via email. We got the email on the day of our arrival. What a nice surprise! We booked an early lunch (11) and prebooked our meals. We arrived at our scheduled time and we were seated right away. The whole place is beautiful! The food was great. We had sandwiches but they just didn't seem typical. The desserts were yummy too!

We were there on Monday and the line was very long even before 11 (down the path and wrapping around the corner towards ETWB). The prebooked FP offer really helped us bypass a long wait.

:flower3:
Thinking of trying in June. Its counter service for lunch correct? How bad was the wait?

Yes, it is CS for lunch. Wait varies I hear. On the day we were there it looked pretty long...Maybe 30-1 hr. I didn't ask bc we had the FP booked for it. The length of the line was long though, so that was my guess. My friends went last Nov and they said they only waited a few minutes for lunch.

It had just opened when we went and we only waited about 15 minutes (part of it was looking at the menu before you sit down) it's not counter-service really... You order on an electrical touch screen thingy and you get a rose :) like at Olive Garden or something. It allows the waiter/waitress to bring your food to you through a GPS sort of system. They know what food order is connected to what rose and where the rose is located! So cool!

We just got back and had lunch at BOG with a FP offer that Disney sent up via email. We got the email on the day of our arrival. What a nice surprise! We booked an early lunch (11) and prebooked our meals. We arrived at our scheduled time and we were seated right away. The whole place is beautiful! The food was great. We had sandwiches but they just didn't seem typical. The desserts were yummy too! We were there on Monday and the line was very long even before 11 (down the path and wrapping around the corner towards ETWB). The prebooked FP offer really helped us bypass a long wait.

What dessert did you have? I had the grey stuff cupcake!

So I have been to BOG for dinner but not lunch? Other than it being CS v TS what else is different? Is the Beast still receiving guests for pictures etc?

Lunch and Dinner at Be our Guest is wonderful! Wait at lunch on our last trip in September was an hour and a half at 10:30! We did not have the FP option on that trip though. Dinner was wonderful as well, and the Beast was meeting/taking pictures at the conclusion of our meal.

It had just opened when we went and we only waited about 15 minutes (part of it was looking at the menu before you sit down) it's not counter-service really... You order on an electrical touch screen thingy and you get a rose :) like at Olive Garden or something. It allows the waiter/waitress to bring your food to you through a GPS sort of system. They know what food order is connected to what rose and where the rose is located! So cool!

Sounds amazing!:flower3: I will have to look into using FP for it in June I guess!

What?! Beast is there?!

Only for dinner, he goes around the whole restaurant (doesn't stop at the tables but just waves to everyone as he is going to his study) and as you are leaving you can get a picture with him....there is a Photopass photographer there that will take your picture and will also take one with your own camera :goodvibes.

We ate dinner there in October and was blown away by the whole experience, we were seated in the main ballroom right next to one of the huge windows. We have another ADR for dinner for our upcoming May trip and can't wait to go back :goodvibes

I went to BOG for dinner in the summer! My food was great - I'm not sure why its getting all the negative reviews. Maybe people just expect too much? The theming is great though, and price-wise, it's pretty affordable. My only complaint was that our service was a little slow, but our server more than made up for it - he was excellent!

Thought I'd pop in with a quick question...Is there a quiet period during the dinner hours at all?

I'd like to attempt a romantic dinner with my hubby in the main ballroom at some point. Would the first time slot be best or one of the last times be better?

I went to BOG for dinner in the summer! My food was great - I'm not sure why its getting all the negative reviews. Maybe people just expect too much? The theming is great though, and price-wise, it's pretty affordable. My only complaint was that our service was a little slow, but our server more than made up for it - he was excellent!

I agree. So many bad reviews and I don't know why.

Be Our Guest was the first restaurant on our 'yes' list. It looks really cool and good for adults and kids.

My only concern is...from reading...it seems really hard to get a reservation for a typical meal time (we have young kids so would want to make an ADR for say 6ish). Will it be a problem 180 days in advance?

Be Our Guest was the first restaurant on our 'yes' list. It looks really cool and good for adults and kids. My only concern is...from reading...it seems really hard to get a reservation for a typical meal time (we have young kids so would want to make an ADR for say 6ish). Will it be a problem 180 days in advance?

I made our BOG dinner reservation right at my 180+10 day and put it later in our trip and had no problem getting a 5:30 time. We usually stick to the 5:30-6 as we have little ones too (8 and 5). Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter