Be our guest ????

gayles

DIS Veteran
Please can someone explain so I can understand How a Restaurant that says has " Seating for 500" & It might take --to Eat Dinner is about 1- 1 1/2 Hours per Family ****** How I can't get a Resv *** Really ????? ;) I'm still Happy to Be at DW -- Wondering Mind's want to know. thats all ...

Just because it says it seats 500 doesn't mean they actually do that all at once. We've dined there several times and have never seen anyone sit in the Rose Gallery. Not sure if they use that room. We haven't had a problem getting reservations, but you do need to book 180 days in advance. It's a hot ticket because it's new. You could also try to book reservations 24hrs in advance. That has worked for some people because of the 24hr cancellation policy.

our solution is to eat there at lunch. Highly prefer the menu. All rooms open then too.

We enjoyed lunch there also and the line looked really long at first....All the way past the gate, but it moved quickly. So glad we experienced it last year in May!

So now I am planning for our November trip and I can make ADR's around May 5th so I hope to snag an ADR for dinner at BOG:cool1:

I just plan to do it asap......pixiedust:

I had a dinner ADR last year, but then Disney decided to add the 24 hour all nighter and then I had to tweak all my plans..Ugh!! Was a great night so I was ok with giving up my ADR.

One thing about lunch is you could pick where you wanted to eat and now with the FP+ you could always set that up for lunch and not wait as long.

500 is the maximum seating at lunch when it is a CS. At dinner they usually close the Rose Room so that reduces the capacity.

However, more of the food is pre-made at lunch and needs minimal preparation before being served which is why it comes out so quickly after you choose a table. Dinner takes longer between being seated, ordering and prepping the food. While some of it is prepared in advance, the final steps and plating take longer.

Because it's still relatively new, it's popularity hasn't diminished making reservations hard to get.

It only seats 500 for dinner during the very busiest times of the year. Each table is taken for at least 60 - 90 min. There can be over 50,000 people in the MK on any given day. It is a brand new restaurant with a theme and menu that most find intriguing. It is the only restaurant in MK where you can get a glass of wine or beer with your dinner. Everybody and their dog wants an ADR. That's why you can't get an ADR. But keep trying. Cancellations do happen.

For those who have not hit 180 days yet, don't lose hope. :goodvibes I was able to get a 7:05pm for dinner with no problem. I just reserved it first as soon as my window opened. Mind you that was 3am west coast time :surfweb: but totally worth it :cool1:

gayles said:
Please can someone explain so I can understand How a Restaurant that says has " Seating for 500" & It might take --to Eat Dinner is about 1- 1 1/2 Hours per Family ****** How I can't get a Resv *** Really ????? ;) I'm still Happy to Be at DW -- Wondering Mind's want to know. thats all ...

BOG dinner was my hardest ressie to get. I booked my vacation at 123 days out and didn't even try to get BOG until 115 days out. Of course, it was all booked up! I tried everyday, several times a day (online and through phone), and then at 101 days out I got a hit for 805. I turned it down and kept looking. I got two more hits for 805 and 850 a few days later and then, at 84 days out, I snagged a ressie for 505! I booked right away and I called disney the next day to confirm I actually had the ressie, as I thought it may have been a glitch, but I actually have the ressie! Moral: never give up and don't take no for and answer!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter