• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Be Prepared to Wait?

As a previous poster mentioned, the rain plays a big part. Waited about 45 min at crystal palace when it was pouring, which screwed us up with getting to see HEA that night.

We have booked breakfast in the past but now just grab something small at the CL lounge for breakfast. We book a TS lunch every day and never have waited more than a few minutes anywhere. Places we have booked on past trips even this past Christmas week are CRT, Sci-Fi, 50's, Cali, Chef Mickey's, Tiffins, H&V, Tusker, Crystal, Plaza, Yachtmans, Raglin Road. I think the only time we waited more than a few minutes was at Raglin Road this past Christmas just because we requested a stage table and that was for Dinner. We have a landry's card so we do walk ups for T-Rex, Yak and Yeti and Rainforest.

Coral Reef, Ohana, Skipper Canreen. Listed in order of wait time from longest to slightly less long.

As a previous poster mentioned, the rain plays a big part. Waited about 45 min at crystal palace when it was pouring, which screwed us up with getting to see HEA that night.

We waited over 30 min for Mama Melrose but it was pouring at the time so I'm sure it had something to do with it.

Everytime at Crystal Palace. It seems like the place gets backed up with waiting for the characters so it slows everything down. Last month we got there 15 minutes early and still got seated 20 minutes late.

The Rose and Crown. No matter when I have my ADR for, I always seem to wait longer than 20 minutes past for my table.

Boma breakfast, Ohana, Kona, BOG, Le Cellier, Yak and Yeti, 50s Prime Time
Ohana is the worst.

Ohana was our longest wait. Le Cellier was a close second (but that's only been the case once), and Sci-Fi for lunch (we wait every time, and then 2/3 of the tables are empty from the time we're seated to the time we leave).

Ohana breakfast. It was raining which the hostess said makes people move a lot slower in the morning (no place to be, so they linger), so we were sat 1.5 hours after our reservation time. It was worth the wait—especially with a window that overlooked the castle—but still. I wouldn’t have anywhere pressing to be right after.
Oh, yeah. And it's not much fun standing out in the rain waiting to be seated. We went through this at Crystal Palace and the porch was full of people waiting to be seated while those seated lingered over their breakfast waiting for the rain to end.

San Angel Inn. We waited a really long time (close to an hour) for our table the last two times we ate here, and not during crowded days in the park either. The service was also pretty slow both times. I love the atmosphere but it’s not on my list of fun places to eat anymore.

I went with a friend the first week in February and we actually were seated either on time or early for all of our reservations. I was actually sweating it a little at Ohana because we were there right around fireworks time and I was afraid we were going to finish too soon. Luckily, eating absurdly slow is a superpower for the person I was traveling with.

Ohana was our longest wait. At least 45 minutes late. We’ve never gone back. I don’t think I’ve waited more than 15 minutes anywhere else.

Skipper Canteen. We waited 25-30 minutes. It wasn't even busy though, so I was quite annoyed by this. And then to top it off, service was extremely slow so we won't be going back. It was just DH and myself too.

Every place we have eaten has been hit or miss.
Skippers one time was 5 minutes, the next 25. Similar with Sci Fi, Coral Reef and many others.
Le Cellier is almost at least 20-30 minutes. Boma and Jiko at least 20 minutes.
Flying Fish, California Grill, Il Mulino, Bluezoo have had very little wait when we have been there.

We ate at 19 restaurants in December and only waited once - Hollywood & Vine dinner. It was about 20 minutes past our reservation time when we were called.

Ohana, Tusker House, Chef Mickeys and San Angel Inn we waited about 30 minutes past ADR time. We usually have 10-15 minute wait at Sci Fi.

Places where we have had to wait an HOUR past our ADR time:

1900 Park Fare dinner - seated an hour after our ADR time at least twice (we have eaten here many times- and I can only recall one time we were seated at our ADR time-- we think it is a good day if we are only 15 minutes past the ADR time. Between 15 and 25 minutes has been our the norm). DD thinks it is well worth it and we will go again.
Hollywood & Vine--- once and done even though the characters were cute-- seated an hour after our ADR time, dirty restaurant, bad food.
50's Prime Time- seated an hour after our ADR time. We were a party of 3 and watched a walk in that was a party of 4 get accepted, put on a waiting list, and seated a good 15 to 20 minutes before we got our table. That was the last time we ate there. Another time we were seated 45 minutes after our ADR. The earliest we have ever been seated there was 20 minutes past our ADR.

Other consistently late seating:

We seem to be consistently seated after our ADR time at Crystal Palace and Tusker House, but usually not more than 10 to 20 minutes late.

We've eaten at San Angel many times, and I can't ever recall waiting more than 15 minutes past our ADR time--- 10 to 15 minutes is pretty standard though.

Also- I don't know if things have changed at Biergarten, but our last two visits, they made us wait to be seated until the other parties at our table arrived. Previously, we were seated and then they just brought the other parties they were placing there to the table when they arrived. So although we got there 15 minutes early--we waited 10 minutes past our ADR one time for the 3rd of 3 parties they were putting at our table to arrive, and our most recent time we waited almost 25 minutes past our ADR for another party. The people the 2nd time were very apologetic about being late and nice, but I typically time our ADR about 20 minutes before the band plays so that we will be seated before the show and hopefully will even have time to get our food and sit down before they started, and this time the show was going on before we were seated. I'm not a fan of having to wait for people we don't know to show up at an ADR to fill the table before being seated. I would much rather they just add them when they show up like they have always done. Biergarten is an absolute must do every trip for our family-- sometimes more than once a trip. This was the first trip I ever remember having issues there.

Last edited:
We eat at Ohana twice every trip and I think we have had to wait at least 10 minutes every time. The longest wait was at Le Cellier. It was 45 minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter