"beach" area around Orlando

klc

Earning My Ears
We are coming to WDW in May. I was planning to take my 2 1/2 year old to Discovery Cove because he loves the beach. Does anyone have any other suggestions for a Beach like area around Orlando or opinions on Discovery Cove. I figure we will need a day off and this would be a nice break.

We are coming to WDW in May. I was planning to take my 2 1/2 year old to Discovery Cove because he loves the beach. Does anyone have any other suggestions for a Beach like area around Orlando or opinions on Discovery Cove. I figure we will need a day off and this would be a nice break.

Are you looking for a beach to spend the entire day and go in the water? Or just some sand to maybe play in for a little bit?

If you want a beach area where you can go in the water, Cocoa Beach is about an hour from Orlando and it's a really nice beach. It's on the Atlantic side.

If you just want some sand to play in for an hour or two, several of the WDW resorts have beach areas. I don't know where you are staying. The drawback is you can't swim in the lakes at WDW, nor would you even want to.

The WDW waterparks also have some sandy areas, plus there's waterplay areas for small children that your child might enjoy.

We usually visit Clearwater beach as it is great for kids - warm calm water and beautiful white sand.

How about Typhoon Lagoon or Blizzard Beach? They have sandy beach areas as well as water slides and other play areas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter