Beach Club 2 bdr advice please

dyingtodisney

<font color="#2f639d">Can't wait to swim in the si
Is it hard to get a dedicated 2 bdr as a request? We are going with parents in March and dear dad has a bad back and often has to sleep in a seperate bed from mom.
Also if I request an Epcot view what exactly will this be a view of if I get so lucky to get it? What view or slot of rooms are closest to the boat docks to get to MGM and Epcot?

Are you asking about a 2 queen room? I'm not sure how a dedicated 2br would help the sleeping issue you state, so I'm wondering if you mean 2Q. Not all ded 2br have 2 queens. I'm reading between your lines, thinking you may not want a sofa bed for Dad?

If you do mean 2 queens, there are only 25 of them. I would think getting a specific block of 2 queen nights would be more difficult as you get closer.

As for close to the boats - you would need to request close to beach club or courtyard view. But keep in mind that some of those views, you actually walk away from the dock to get to the elevator from your room first.

Also, it's easier to walk to Epcot as you would need to walk towards MGM first to get to the boat to go to Epcot.

I believe a dedicated 2 bedroom and the dedicated 2 bedroom w/2 queens are actually reserved, not just requests.

In October we had a 2-bedroom non-dedicated at BCV that had two beds in the "studio" side.

Yes the 2 queens are reserved - they are not just requests. I missed that the OP had said that.

My confirmation does not say 2 queens - but I was told I had 2 queens and I got an email from MS when I asked for a confirmation.

BC is our home, we always ask for a dedicated 2 bedroom and to date have been granted this request. :cool1:

a dedicated two bedroom has two queen beds in the second bedroom. its one big unit, kindof like an apartment. the second bedroom has two large closets, and its own bathroom with tub

there is no kitchenette in the second bedroom, it is not a lockoff (studio), there is no sofa (sleeper) it has two beds, looks like a bedroom you'd have at home if you had two kid sharing a room.

I always make this my number two request, after no smoking, before third floor or higher, epcot (firework) view.

hope this helps

rocketriter said:
In October we had a 2-bedroom non-dedicated at BCV that had two beds in the "studio" side.

There was a separate entrance into the 2nd bedroom and a kitchenette?

dyingtodisney said:
What view or slot of rooms are closest to the boat docks to get to MGM and Epcot?

The BCV is not really close to the boat dock. You have to walk through the lobby and then past SAB and out to the boat dock near the YC. It is easier to walk to EPCOT.

HBC

DeeDeeDis said:
BC is our home, we always ask for a dedicated 2 bedroom and to date have been granted this request. :cool1:

a dedicated two bedroom has two queen beds in the second bedroom. its one big unit, kindof like an apartment. the second bedroom has two large closets, and its own bathroom with tub

there is no kitchenette in the second bedroom, it is not a lockoff (studio), there is no sofa (sleeper) it has two beds, looks like a bedroom you'd have at home if you had two kid sharing a room.

I always make this my number two request, after no smoking, before third floor or higher, epcot (firework) view.

hope this helps
What does a non dedicated two bedroom look like? Is there such a two bedroom where the master would have a king size bed and there would be a sofa bed in the living room and the second bedroom would have two queen beds?

Ok, I'm a little confused.
I thought a dedicated 2 bdr always had 2 queens in the 2nd bedroom? Is there another "dedicated" layout?
I know what the lockoff looks like.
Thanks for all the help guys!
How long of a walk is it to Epcot? Which entrance does this lead to?

dyingtodisney said:
Ok, I'm a little confused.
I thought a dedicated 2 bdr always had 2 queens in the 2nd bedroom? Is there another "dedicated" layout?
I know what the lockoff looks like.
Thanks for all the help guys!
How long of a walk is it to Epcot? Which entrance does this lead to?

It's a 5 to 7 minute leisurely walk to Epcot along a beautifully landscaped canal and gardens. It takes you into the World Showcase entrance. As a matter of fact, as someone staying in the Boardwalk area, that is the only entrance you can get to from your resorts. There aren't any buses to the Future World side of Epcot from the Boardwalk resorts. You will come into WS with France the first country on your right. I'll never forget the first time I walked into there and saw it. :love:

At BCV there are 3 different 2 Bedroom Categories. All 3 of these are actually reserved and gauranteed when you make the reservation. They are not requests, they are part of the reservation. Just like a 1 bedroom or studio. (of course things can happen like repairs of the room that get you moved to the other category). The 3 different 2 bedroom categories are as follows:

2 Bedroom Lockoff - King Bed in Master, Queen and Sleeper Sofa in 2nd bedroom
2 Bedroom Dedicated - King Bed in Master, Queen and Sleeper Sofa in 2nd Bedroom
2 Bedroom Dedicated, 2 Queens - King Bed in Master, 2 Queens in 2nd Bedroom

The lock off will also have a seperate entrace from the 2nd bedroom leading to the hallway as well as a small fridge, microwave and coffee maker in the 2nd bedroom. Also, there will be one less closet in that bedroom due to the door leading out to the hallway.

As Terry has posted the situation with 2 bedrooms at the BCV is somewhat unique. Not all the dedicated 2 bedrooms have 2 queen beds in the second bedroom. In fact very few do. Due to the few numbers of them, they must be booked when you make your reservation and they go very quickly.

Also none of them have Epcot views, they are all woods or pool view. If you do not book this at booking time, you will not get one.

Due to the fact that there are not many of them, if you are able to book one, getting a certain view is very, very limited.

Thank you so much for clearing up, I'll call today and see what I can do. Definitely the bed is important and I won't worry about the view.
Dis Rocks! :cool1:

Sammie, actually there are 2 bedrooms at BCV with 2 queens that have Epcot views. I am at work so I don't have access to my pictures but I will post later the beautiful pictures we have of both Spaceship Earth and Illuminations from our balcony of our 2 Bedroom with 2 queens.

Here are some pics. The first one was illuminations from our balcony which is a 2 Bedroom with 2 queens at BCV. The second one was also taken from the same balcony, it was on the press event night for the opening of Mission Space. They projected several images that night on Spaceship Earth.

29202DSC00538_3_-med.jpg

29202DSC00563_2_-med.JPG

Terry S said:
Sammie, actually there are 2 bedrooms at BCV with 2 queens that have Epcot views. I am at work so I don't have access to my pictures but I will post later the beautiful pictures we have of both Spaceship Earth and Illuminations from our balcony of our 2 Bedroom with 2 queens.

Interesting as they are not listed in the BCV computer system as having any with an Epcot View. I guess there are some rooms that are classified woods view, but could have this view you got.

Very Nice photos. I know some rooms that fall right next to a category can be confusing. At the Yacht Club there are some standard views that in my opinion could very easily be water views. And some water views ought to be classified standard views also.

Thanks for sharing these exceptions. :)

I have a two bedrom boked for september. this is the first that i have heard of two types of rooms. which would you say is better? I am going with my husband our 1 year old and my mother in law. Also, I tried to request an epcot view and they told me that they no longer had epcot views. oh well disney is always wonderful view or not... :earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter