• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Beach Club 2 bedroom or 3 rooms at Caribbean for three couples?

JKB DIS

Mouseketeer
I am looking to book a trip for my family. In our party, we will have my husband and myself, my son and his wife, and my daughter and her boyfriend. I absolutely love the Beach Club but cannot book 3 rooms there, so I was wondering if we would fit in a two bedroom villa? The kids and their significant others will get the bedrooms and my husband and I will be on the pullout couch. I am wondering if anyone has done this with 6 adults and were you cramped? How did the bathroom situation work for the couple that are on the pullout couch? Would we be better off with three rooms at the Caribbean? That way everyone would have their own bedroom and privacy. I would love to hear from others that have traveled with their adult children.

3 rooms at CBR. That will give everyone privacy, 3 bathrooms and your back won’t scream at you for not sleeping on a real bed. As we aged into adults and started gathering SOs the extra privacy became very important for everyone to feel comfortable.
I agree! I just love the Beach Club so much!! When the children were younger and we were only paying for the four of us, it was our absolute favorite resort. If there were three bathrooms that would be a different story. Thanks for the advice!

Another vote for 3 rooms!

We are taking our adults sons & daughter in laws in January. We got everyone their own studio at OKW...like you we wanted Beach Club (or Boardwalk) but I didn't book in time to get three rooms at either property. We are a close family - but still, everyone wants & needs their own space. Mostly us! And I'm not spending that kinda $$$ to sleep on a pull out couch!

Another vote for 3 rooms!

We are taking our adults sons & daughter in laws in January. We got everyone their own studio at OKW...like you we wanted Beach Club (or Boardwalk) but I didn't book in time to get three rooms at either property. We are a close family - but still, everyone wants & needs their own space. Mostly us! And I'm not spending that kinda $$$ to sleep on a pull out couch!
I agree it makes the most sense, but I do like the Boardwalk area resorts!!

I agree it makes the most sense, but I do like the Boardwalk area resorts!!
The Boardwalk would just be a quick Skyliner ride away. Check prices on the Swan/Dolphin as well if you really want Boardwalk area, bonus is they count as deluxe if you will be there for deluxe after hours.

My family has done 2BR resorts at saratoga, with my father, myself and girlfriend, and my brother and 2 children. My dad stayed in the living area with pullout couch. You can make it work, but honestly it gets a little awkward. Where will you and husband change, probably the bathroom. That leaves one bathroom for everyone else. Also it makes the living are much less useful having to pull out the couch every night and if you keep luggage there. Also the bed wasn't too comfortable. We no longer get 2br suits for a full trip, if we go again with full family it will be 3 moderate rooms or S/D.

The Boardwalk would just be a quick Skyliner ride away. Check prices on the Swan/Dolphin as well if you really want Boardwalk area, bonus is they count as deluxe if you will be there for deluxe after hours.

My family has done 2BR resorts at saratoga, with my father, myself and girlfriend, and my brother and 2 children. My dad stayed in the living area with pullout couch. You can make it work, but honestly it gets a little awkward. Where will you and husband change, probably the bathroom. That leaves one bathroom for everyone else. Also it makes the living are much less useful having to pull out the couch every night and if you keep luggage there. Also the bed wasn't too comfortable. We no longer get 2br suits for a full trip, if we go again with full family it will be 3 moderate rooms or S/D.
I think all agree three rooms would be the best. Great idea on the Swan/Dolphin, I checked and for the week in March that I am looking at their prices are over $1000 a night. There must be a big conference that week or something.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

If your trip is after Oct of this year, all the pullout sofa beds at BCV will be replaced with the queen Murphy Beds - a much nicer and more comfortable solution to the sofa beds. But the biggest issue I could see in your scenario is the bathroom situation - 2 bathrooms for 3 couples. I'd probably do the 3 rooms, also.

I think all agree three rooms would be the best. Great idea on the Swan/Dolphin, I checked and for the week in March that I am looking at their prices are over $1000 a night. There must be a big conference that week or something.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
The S/D varies so much. I have a thurs-mon tentatively planned for December (if my girlfriend can get off) and the Swan is actually cheaper than CBR or FQ even after the Disney+ winter discount and thats including the resort fee. The Dolphin is $100 more a night, and if the dates switch to wed-sun the Swan goes up $100 a night.

I would keep checking Swan/Dolphin - they have dynamic pricing so if a block of rooms open up, the price could go down. I agree with everyone else, though, I would do 3 rooms with 3 couples.

If your trip is after Oct of this year, all the pullout sofa beds at BCV will be replaced with the queen Murphy Beds - a much nicer and more comfortable solution to the sofa beds. But the biggest issue I could see in your scenario is the bathroom situation - 2 bathrooms for 3 couples. I'd probably do the 3 rooms, also.
The Murphy Beds add an interesting twist, but I think the bathroom situation is what is really stopping me from booking.

The S/D varies so much. I have a thurs-mon tentatively planned for December (if my girlfriend can get off) and the Swan is actually cheaper than CBR or FQ even after the Disney+ winter discount and thats including the resort fee. The Dolphin is $100 more a night, and if the dates switch to wed-sun the Swan goes up $100 a night.
I was always under the impression that The Swan/Dolphin was priced more like a Mod. You can imagine my surprise when I saw the price per night was over $1000 a night.

I would keep checking Swan/Dolphin - they have dynamic pricing so if a block of rooms open up, the price could go down. I agree with everyone else, though, I would do 3 rooms with 3 couples.
Thanks for the advice! I will keep checking the Swan/Dolphin website.

The first time we stayed in a 2 br villa at BCV was with our son, his girlfriend and our two daughters. The girls slept in the bedroom and our son and girlfriend slept in the living room. I don't remember any complaints. ;) They shared the bathroom with the girls. We made two more trips with the adult children. We had a 2br villa and a regular resort room at the BC for the girls. By then we had more spouses and grandkids but no one in the living room. My sisters would join us and they stayed at Caribbean Beach. We all met in the living room and it was a great gathering spot.

The first time we stayed in a 2 br villa at BCV was with our son, his girlfriend and our two daughters. The girls slept in the bedroom and our son and girlfriend slept in the living room. I don't remember any complaints. ;) They shared the bathroom with the girls. We made two more trips with the adult children. We had a 2br villa and a regular resort room at the BC for the girls. By then we had more spouses and grandkids but no one in the living room. My sisters would join us and they stayed at Caribbean Beach. We all met in the living room and it was a great gathering spot.
Thank you for they reply! Adding another room at the BC would be a great idea. I'll have to check out what the price would be for that.

Thank you to everyone for the excellent advice! I have some good ideas to play around with. I have also played around with changing the dates at the Swan/Dolphin from a Saturday arrival to a Tuesday Arrival and the price has dropped from $1400 to $380 a night so that is also an option.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter