Beach club and where else? Two week stay.

asgur5

Mouseketeer
have a two week stay with two school aged kids and have chosen the beach club for one week of those stays (main reason is easy access to epcot/HS and stormalong Bay). Where else would you choose to stay for the second week? Looking at other deluxes. I.e. animal kingdom, wilderness lodge, GF, Polynesia or Contemporary.

dont just want a hotel to travel to the parks (although there will be plenty of that) but one where I can stay and enjoy the magic as well. Lets assume money is no issue (it is but lets not assume that).

what would you choose to go along with the beach club? Or would you just spend all of the two weeks at the beach club?

I would split it with a Magic Kingdom resort, preferably GF or Poly. Just be cognizant of the construction going on with the Poly DVC tower that is situated between the Poly and VGF. If picking Poly, I would avoid a standard view room with the construction going on. You could also consider a Poly deluxe studio which would get you further away from where the construction is taking place. In terms of theming, Poly is more "magical" IMHO, but GF has more amenities in terms of restaurants and proximity to MK. Both have splash pads, zero entry pools and a beautiful view of MK.

Definitely a monorail resort, IMHO. We've always found Poly and YC to be a nice split, so same concept as a Poly/BC split.

Note in addition to the Poly DVC tower construction (which is effectively 'off to the side/out of view' of most Poly guests, unless you have a standard view room overlooking that area), there is also construction going on at GF - the last two outer buildings are underway now, the MK path is closed... which leaves the main building and lobby sometime later this year. May want to dig into that depending on your dates, I'm not sure I'd want to be staying there with lobby work occurring - no matter how well disguised.

I'm a CR fan but the pool just doesn't cut it compared to your other choices and with that long a stay/kids, that would sway me towards Poly or GF.

With a two week stay, have you considered spending the first night at AKL. Spent that first night just exploring the resort, seeing animals, Have one bag just for that night, them move to BC. Second week resort I really like blt/contemporary.

My grandkids love a small dose of AKL.

I would stay the entire time at the Beach Club. Not having to pack up and move (and lose access to a room until the new one is ready) is great.
For us, we love quick access to the parks. We figure we save more time not waiting for transportation most of the time vs packing/unpacking.

But only for longer trips, i wouldn’t split a 6 day trip.

We stay 2 weeks every summer. We love an EPCOT Resort/Monorail Resort split. Always start at Epcot resort, focus on Epcot/HS/AK while there. Second week we move over to Monorail resort and only do MK. We love having easy access to the parks, mostly walk or take advantage of monorail/boats. We love the change of scenery over the two week span, it feels like you’re on 2 trips! Wouldn’t do it any other way. Best of both worlds! Good luck deciding!!

I’d pick Beach Club and Wilderness Lodge. If you were renting a car, I’d suggest Animal Kingdom Lodge. Of course another option would be to spend a few nights at Universal and rest at Beach Club, but then you’d definitely need a car for at least part of the time.

Definitely agree with BC/Poly split. MK/EP splits are my favorite kind because of the convenience but also because the areas each have very different vibes so it really does feel like two vacations in one. We are starting at YC then moving over to the Poly in May. I also love the GF but with all the uncertainty surrounding when the lobby construction will begin, I would avoid it. Poly construction is much less intrusive and far easier to avoid by staying in DVC or a non-standard view.

Love BC/Poly split. Idk about this construction though.

If you want a more affordable MK resort go WL. It’s a beautiful and peaceful property, crazy how it is close to MK yet feels like it’s a totally different place because of the peaceful vibe.

I would not do 2 weeks at BC. Too long.

I would not do 2 weeks at BC. Love the place but with 2 weeks I'd pick a different environment.

We love Wilderness Lodge. Great place to explore. The pool is much smaller than BC, but that might be nice to get a different vibe. They do tours of the Lodge. Have a small community room by the pool for crafts and stuff. Watch the electrical water pageant by the boat dock or at Geyser Point. Take a boat to MK or use that to get to monorail to just explore resorts. Tons of options. The lobby is also very relaxing.

Another vote for the Polynesian. We are doing a split between the Riviera and VGF in November, but like other PPs, the unknown lobby renovation would make me hesitant to recommend. The Poly is the better option, IMO.

For me there is no better feeling than finishing unpacking, settling in, and knowing that we won't need to repack for another 2 weeks. Especially in a resort as wonderful as the Beach Club. But if I was forced to move for a second week I would pick GF or Polynesian.

have a two week stay with two school aged kids and have chosen the beach club for one week of those stays (main reason is easy access to epcot/HS and stormalong Bay). Where else would you choose to stay for the second week? Looking at other deluxes. I.e. animal kingdom, wilderness lodge, GF, Polynesia or Contemporary.

dont just want a hotel to travel to the parks (although there will be plenty of that) but one where I can stay and enjoy the magic as well. Lets assume money is no issue (it is but lets not assume that).

what would you choose to go along with the beach club? Or would you just spend all of the two weeks at the beach club?

We just got back recently from a 2 week stay. We do NOT have young children anymore but thought our itin was great. Just DH and me. We go often even though from the Midwest.

BCV - 6 nights (pool, back entrance to Epcot, Skyliner...walking to HS, can't beat it)

BLT Lake view - 4 nights - With kids, would choose MK view. So darn convenient to MK and monorail to MK resorts plus easy monorail to Epcot

AK Jambo Savannah view 4 nights - Animals....need I say more?
(though as adults, so peaceful). We did Jambo for reasons but with kids, would have Kidani Savannah as we have seen more animals closer at Kidani.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter