Beach club and where else? Two week stay.

Our last trip we split BC with Contemporary and it was great! It's easy to get to both Epcot and MK from Contemporary, plus it's not super chaotic. Being on the lake is peaceful and it's fun to be able to ride the monorail around to the other resorts on the loop for meals and such. It's convenient.

BC is similarly connected to so many other resorts and HS as well as Epcot.

AK and Disney Springs were the only places that required extended travel time, but we didn't spend too much time at either.

I'd recommend one of the monorail resorts. Contemporary is the best value there.

When we stay 2 weeks (which is usually), we do split stays at Animal Kingdom Villas (DVC), Beach Club, and Bay Lake Tower (DVC). So, for yours, I would definitely choose a monorail resort. We've stayed at GF too, it is nice, but we prefer the quick walk from BLT than GF.

I would do AKL or WL . AKL has excellent dining options, plus animals, very relaxing. I like the forest aspects of WL grounds plus also excellent dining. Since you have 2 weeks you don’t need to go rope drop to park close. A couple of days at a premier Universal hotel would also be an option if you want more thrill rides.

When I had school-aged kids (and granted, it's been a while), AKL was a great choice. 1. There were bunkbeds. 2. Animals and LOTS of resort programming. 3. Spectacular theming. 4. A bit less expensive than the monorail options. It'd be my choice, hands down, for the resort itself. However, if access to the parks is any kind of consideration, pick the Poly or the GF.

Another vote for BC/AKL split - it's our favorite combination when we stay. BC for a bit more park time with easy access to EP/HS, and even MK. Then AKL for the peace, quiet, animals, the awesome dining, and a couple days at AK. For me, the question for the OP is how much MK time do you plan on? If you plan on 2-3 days at MK, then perhaps a monorail resort would make more sense, due to convenience. If MK is less important on your trip, definitely experience AKL.

With a two week stay, have you considered spending the first night at AKL. Spent that first night just exploring the resort, seeing animals, Have one bag just for that night, them move to BC. Second week resort I really like blt/contemporary.

My grandkids love a small dose of AKL.
Thats an interesting thought. Do really like the look of akl but the extra travel time makes it a turnoff off for a week long trip. But a night or two perhaps that could work With a day at AK and a day enjoying the resort.

I would do AKL or WL . AKL has excellent dining options, plus animals, very relaxing. I like the forest aspects of WL grounds plus also excellent dining. Since you have 2 weeks you don’t need to go rope drop to park close. A couple of days at a premier Universal hotel would also be an option if you want more thrill rides.
we are also doing 4 nights at universal on top of the two weeks at wdw. Its a big trip.

Thats an interesting thought. Do really like the look of akl but the extra travel time makes it a turnoff off for a week long trip. But a night or two perhaps that could work With a day at AK and a day enjoying the resort.
What time do you expect to get to disney? Do you get the first flight of the day? Even if you don't have a room yet, there is lots to do at the resort. So spending say 24 hours at AKL gives you a good dose. Staying longer than one night , you have to unpack more and repack more.

What time do you expect to get to disney? Do you get the first flight of the day? Even if you don't have a room yet, there is lots to do at the resort. So spending say 24 hours at AKL gives you a good dose. Staying longer than one night , you have to unpack more and repack more.
Coming to disney from a dcl cruise. But will stop at the kennedy space centre for the day so wont arrive until late in the day. Will do a bay lake/monorail hotel first for 5 nights and use this mostly for magic kingdom and visiting bay lake hotels. Then maybe akl for 2 nights (1 morning day for animal kingdom before moving to the resort and then maybe a late afternoon/evening at AK on the second day).

I agree on the unpacking-packing window. For me I always try to avoid 3-4 night trips as they are long enough that you have to properly unpack but too short to properly settle and enjoy.

but there is a small window that works where you dont really need to unpack. 1 night is best for this but I can usually do it with a 2 night window if we pack in a smart way. It is stretching things though. 1 night for AKL might be best anyway.

Last edited:
We did a 13-night stay back in August of 2021 and spent 7 nights at the BC and 6 nights at the Poly. It was my dream trip and pretty close to perfect! I absolutely loved that split stay. We only ever had to bus to AK, the water park, and DS.

I’d definitely recommend a split stay for a trip that long. Spending two weeks in the same hotel room would be too much for me. We all liked the change of scenery.

Put me in the AKL/V category.... Not that the monorail resorts are not good, There's just so much more to do & see , @ AKL.. With that many days being down there, I'm sure you're gonna want resort days? There's no better way to unwind then spending it there. Either at Kidani or Jambo.. Both grounds are awesome, the pools or themed well, and plenty of greenery. And Did I mention, some / if not the best CM's on property. They really go outta there way to make you feel at home. And they'll also give you a little history on whichever country they're from....

But if MK, was a proponent on choosing a resort closer, than I would go with WL or Fort WIlderness.... What better way to get to MK than on a boat...??? LOL Enjoy whichever you choose :thumbsup2

have a two week stay with two school aged kids and have chosen the beach club for one week of those stays (main reason is easy access to epcot/HS and stormalong Bay). Where else would you choose to stay for the second week? Looking at other deluxes. I.e. animal kingdom, wilderness lodge, GF, Polynesia or Contemporary.

dont just want a hotel to travel to the parks (although there will be plenty of that) but one where I can stay and enjoy the magic as well. Lets assume money is no issue (it is but lets not assume that).

what would you choose to go along with the beach club? Or would you just spend all of the two weeks at the beach club?
I would go with one of the Magic Kingdom resorts.

We did a BC/Poly split last year. But started with the Poly and ended with BC. I would have been happier starting at the BC and then going to the Poly. The rooms at the Poly are so much nicer IMO

Would you consider 5 nights at BC, 5 nights at a monorail resort and the last 4 at AKL?

Actually, I would put the 4 AKL in the middle and do AK and have resort days to relax.

We have 4 younger kids and would just spend the entire 2 weeks at BC. Packing up and moving takes quite a bit of time. As Mom, the packing would always fall to me and it takes longer than you expect. We like to make an early dinner reservation at some of the other resorts and just plan to stay the entire evening there to enjoy the atmosphere.

If you are committed to moving, I would chose Poly. It is a very relaxing resort and you can quickly walk to the direct Epcot monorail at TTC.

If you are hard sold on two resorts I’m part of the Poly/BC crew. Since it’s 2 full weeks though, I’d consider adding 2-3 nights at AKV savanna view in the middle of your trip for those exhausted days where resort time is more used

Wilderness Lodge. I just love the theming there,
something so special about it!
Wilderness Lodge was incredible. We just checked out of there today and moved over to Beach Club. It’s been raining so we haven’t been able to enjoy the pools but the lobby is much busier and our room is much farther to the pools. Wilderness was so peaceful and relaxing. Can’t wait to go back!

Polynesian would be my first choice, but only if I could ensure I didn't have the "construction view" or the construction noise. I think that means either club level (which is in Hawaii building) or DVC. Personally I love the DVC rooms. You can rent points through one of the companies that does that, or sometimes you can book directly through Disney, but probably at a premium cost. The DVC buildings are located far from the tower construction and easy walking distance to either the main building for the monorail to MK or to the ticket and transportation center for monorail to Epcot.

The pools are great. The view of the fireworks from the beach, or even from in the Volcano pool, is excellent.

I don't like Contemporary. It's a sea of concrete instead of the luxurious grounds of most of the other resorts (and that's a big part about what I love about Disney resorts). My one exception to that would be a short stay in the main tower, club level, with theme park view. Did that for one night before a cruise once and it was magical. But otherwise, I don't enjoy hanging out at the resort there.

I love Wilderness Lodge--the lobby is amazing, the grounds are beautiful, and it has 2 great pools as well. Boat to MK. Good food options.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter