• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Beach Club CL or AKL CL

travelgirl77

Mouseketeer
So, we are planning to head to Disney again this summer, in June. I have already made a reservation for AKL-CL for a week in June, but just got another quote for Beach Club-CL for the same week. Beach Club is about $300 more total for six days. We stayed at the CR-CL last year and really enjoyed it, however, everything there or monorail resorts in general or way too expensive for us this go round. I also got a quote for GF, but it is the same as AKL, without the CL. I have two kids 9 & 5. Which resort would you choose and why? Barring the location factor. We were going to skip Epcot this time anyway (although now we are at least doing 1/2 day there). Thank you!

I've stayed at both many times and you can't go wrong with either. I spend a lot of time at Epcot on every visit, so I prefer the Epcot resort area. But, if the proximity to Epcot isn't a factor, stay at AKL. It's a beautiful resort, with great theming and access to all the animal viewing areas. Also, the club level lounge is fantastic. BC has a great pool, but the one at AKL is pretty good as well. AKL is a little isolated on property, so your bus ride to the MK will be kind of long, but your ride to AK will be very short.

So, we are planning to head to Disney again this summer, in June. I have already made a reservation for AKL-CL for a week in June, but just got another quote for Beach Club-CL for the same week. Beach Club is about $300 more total for six days. We stayed at the CR-CL last year and really enjoyed it, however, everything there or monorail resorts in general or way too expensive for us this go round. I also got a quote for GF, but it is the same as AKL, without the CL. I have two kids 9 & 5. Which resort would you choose and why? Barring the location factor. We were going to skip Epcot this time anyway (although now we are at least doing 1/2 day there). Thank you!

I can't comment on the CLs as we haven't stayed CL at either, but we have stayed at both resorts and my choice would be AKL. We thought the BC was nice, but we prefer AKL as we weren't wow'd by SAB and the BC CS options are too limited for us. As far as CL, I am always reading great things about AKL CL and I find the lounge appealing as it overlooks the lobby. Good luck!

I have not stayed CL at AKL, but we did love AKL. It was a very quiet, lovely respite from the busy day.

We found their bus transportation to be very good. I have seen some CL pics and agree with the above poster that the lounge overlooking the lobby looks wonderful.

The only thing about AKL that we did not like is that it is very remote from the other resorts. We really enjoy walking around the EPCOT resorts and the BW. Our family likes to be in the middle of the action.

The only reason I have not stayed at BC is because of the balcony issue. We spend a lot of time on our balcony and not having one or having a Juliette balcony is a deal breaker. We choose YC and the BW over BC every year. I have done BWI CL and thought it was really good. The potato soup is amazing. DD and I could eat a gallon of it :)

If proximity to EP isn't a factor, I would pick the resort that appeals to you more in terms of theming and amenities. They are both wonderful. The only other consideration, for me, would be room size. The AKL rooms are considerably smaller than the BC ones.

We have stayed at both and enjoyed both for different reasons.
I love being able to walk to EPCOT and HS, and BC makes this easy.
The theming of AKL cannot be beat and I love sitting and watching the savana.
In the end, will your kids use the pool area? BC is better. Will you spend a lot of time at EPCOT or HS? If the answer to both is no, then I would do AKL, otherwise BC.

I agree with gharter. I like BC CL for proximity to EPCOT, HS, the Boardwalk area, and Stormalong Bay, but if the two hotels switched locations, I could easily say I prefer AKL CL. I prefer the Savanah view, the lounge, and the hotel theming at AKL, but it is so hard to give up the range of choices of stuff to do near your resort at BC. We love doing half days at the parks and having easy options for the rest of the day. Between the Boardwalk, YC & BC, and the Swolphin hotels there are many dining options or we can go to one of the two close parks. That being said, we also love Jiko and Saana at AKL and have found the pool areas suit our needs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter