Beach Club CL vs BWI CL

epcotobsessed

DIS Veteran
We last tried BC CL in 2014 and were underwhelmed so we have only stayed in standard BC/YC rooms since. I have read that they have since "upped their game" and I am considering changing our reservation to a CL room. I see that BWI club level is also available for virtually the exact same price. We have never stayed there and would miss Stormalong Bay but I have read that BWI CL is among the best. Any advice?

We have stayed both BC and BWI CL -- BC CL over Christmas week 2018, and BWI CL three times over the last 18 months. I personally prefer BWI's CL, not only for the food offerings, but for the graciousness and friendliness of the CMs, who truly have always made us feel like very welcome guests. I know that many people on the DIS adore BC CL, but we were underwhelmed during our stay last year as well. The food offerings were fine, but we didn't get that warm and fuzzy feel from the CMs like we do at BWI. But who knows -- maybe we caught them at a bad time since it was Christmas week and very busy. Having said that, we love the BC in general and are repeating last year's stay in a 1BR suite at BC for Christmas week this year as well because there are no 1 BR suites available at BWI, and we need that room type to suit our Christmas traveling party. However, for our child-free stay coming up in November, we're returning to BWI. :)

I much prefer BWI CL, but the pool there is a big NOPE for me lol. It’s not just the clown, although it is totally creepy. The slide hurts and no zero entry is a big bummer if you have little kids. The lounge, CMs, food, and rooms at BWI are far nicer IMO.

You may want to head over to the CL thread and read the last few pages. Rumor has it that the menu will be changing at BWI. At some point in the near future they will no longer be pulling their menu from The Flying Fish. Sources say that the new menu will be sourced from Trattoria instead.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter