• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Beach Club Fish Smell <I asked on Dining & few/uncertain answers so thought i would try here>

ErinsMommy

She believed she could, so she did
In the past when walking through the inside of Beach Club from front desk to B&C there's a very strong smell of fish. (I dont remember if i smelled it or not when eating breakfast at Cape May). But the question is: Where is it coming from?? And does the hallway smell like that all the time?

My first thought was its coming from Ale & Compass and DD and DH are both anti A&C because they dont like fish nor the smell at all but those on dining thought A&C is likely too far away.

I always smell the clams from Cape May in the BC lobby through the indoor hallways towards Beaches and Cream in the late afternoon and into the evening.

If you walked from the BC lobby to B&C, you wouldn't have passed Ale & Compass. Ale & Compass is in the lobby of YC. There is also no continuous indoor hallway between BC and YC. You have to exit out of the BC building and walk along the outdoor breezeway to access the YC building. There is zero way the smell of A&C could waft into the BC building.

It’s one of the things I dislike about the BC lobby (in addition to it often feeling crowded). It wouldn’t stop me from staying there, but it’s noticeable (in my opinion).

Yes, it is from Cape May
And yes, it's gross

Yup! Makes me nauseous. I can’t eat seafood. We prefer to stay at the Yacht Club, and walk outside if we need to head towards Beach Club. ;)

I’m sure some people find it heavenly. Not me. It’s only for the dinner though

Maybe I should switch our dinner reservation to breakfast??
I actually really enjoy Cape May at dinner, and once I’m at the buffet or eating, I don’t notice the smell anymore. It’s just a nasty smell when you’re not eating there or you’re constantly walking by.

Maybe I should switch our dinner reservation to breakfast??

Breakfast is a character meal and it’s supposed to be great. We went to the dinner buffet and the food was okay but too salty for me and nothing special, IMO.

We’ve stayed at the BC twice and never had the smell from Cape May disrupt our stay. We did not notice the smell in the morning, so I do think it’s stronger at night.

They must be fishermen.
It doesn't smell like fish when I go to Red Lobster; I don't understand why WDW cant get rid of this offensive odor in the BC lobby.
My only guess is they build a red lobster to be a restaurant that sells fish
They did not build beach club with a restaurant seeking fish off the lobby in mind

Ditto others - we only noticed the smell in the hallway in front of Cape May, and only in the evening. We didn't notice it in the rest of the resort. You can walk outside instead.

I have never smelled a fishy smell at Beach Club and I am very sensitive to the smell, so I dunno.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter