• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Beach Club Marketplace for breakfast?

Cookie Princess

DIS Veteran
With the summer discount, I am considering changing from AK to YC. However, I am concerned about the quick service breakfast options. We usually grab a quick breakfast before heading to early entry rope drop. What are your thoughts about Beach Club Marketplace for grabbing a quick pre-park breakfast?

About as good as any of the deluxe resort cs locations. Look at the menus on allears.net. HOWEVER, the Boardwalk Bakery is a 5 min walk away :teeth:

We are never thrilled with the selection but have used it many times. The breakfast sandwiches are pretty good as well as the pastries. We also walk across to the boardwalk bakery for a treat. I have to say I really wish they had mickey waffles…….They used to have a yogurt parfait with fresh fruit and I would just ask for the berries and that was great for me but not sure they do that any more.

DH and I usually walk over from BW if we are not already at BC (we prefer their breakfast options).

Yep, I agree with the PPs! Boardwalk Bakery is awesome and is worth the short walk.

You have all the grab-and-go stuff (pastries/muffins etc.), a scrambled egg platter, a croissant sandwich. The glaring exception is Mickey waffles. :confused3 Adding Mickey waffles would go a long way here.

Do they use fresh eggs or a tub filled with liquid eggs? I have become very picky about what is in my food. I like when a fresh egg is cracked in front of me - this way I know it contains only egg :)

Do they use fresh eggs or a tub filled with liquid eggs? I have become very picky about what is in my food. I like when a fresh egg is cracked in front of me - this way I know it contains only egg :)

It's a "tub of fresh eggs" :) They're called "easy eggs" and they add some "golden classic" butter in the pan. They still need to be beaten, but they're already cracked and the shell mechanically removed.

I love the Disney scrambled eggs. I always wondered how they were made and a few years ago I spotted one of the Cape May cooks on a break and couldn't help but ask. Nice lady.... gave me the whole scoop. I thought it was really nice of her to take the time to talk to me right at the end of breakfast considering she'd probably been there working at least 5-6 hours in pretty intense conditions to keep that buffet going! I wish I'd have gotten her name so I could have sent a complimentary letter.

CORRECTION: I almost forgot! They aren't made in a frying pan -- they're put into a giant freezer-grade zip-lock bag and that's dropped into boiling water. That's how they keep them fluffy and prevent the crispy edges.

Is there somewhere to sit and eat breakfast? Where is the best place to eat breakfast at BC / YC

This is an old thread from 2016 so you might not get many responses. Both YC and BC marketplaces have a few tables/chairs to sit and eat. We usually head over to Boardwalk for breakfast, especially if the weather is nice.

Is there somewhere to sit and eat breakfast? Where is the best place to eat breakfast at BC / YC

We would get breakfast from the Marketplace & then take it to the Solarium to eat. They have couches & some tables & chairs & a TV. It was very nice, comfortable & never crowded. It's a great spot. It's right across the hall the the Marketplace.

There’s a beautiful area just outside the Marketplace in a covered area-there’s quite a few tables-we never saw them all in use-and a nice area inside overlooking the patio area-but I think fewer tables. These areas are very convenient to the bus stop. And, yes, they serve Mickey waffles, we had them last May.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter