Beach Club or Boardwalk - which would you choose?

shelbel95

Mouseketeer
We are planning a trip for next August, using DVC points. Would you choose Boardwalk or Beach Club and why? We’ve never stayed at either. Family of 4 - 2 adults, 2 kids (ages 11 and 13 when we travel) and we’ve been to Disney 4 other times.

Thanks!

We are planning a trip for next August, using DVC points. Would you choose Boardwalk or Beach Club and why? We’ve never stayed at either. Family of 4 - 2 adults, 2 kids (ages 11 and 13 when we travel) and we’ve been to Disney 4 other times.

Thanks!
Are you an owner or a renter?

If you're an owner, getting a BCV studio will be difficult at 7 months. It's a small resort and you would have better luck getting a BWV g/p view studio.

If you're a renter, you have a good chance if you book directly with a BCV owner during the 11-7 month home booking window.

With your kids' ages, BCV would be a great choice. They will love SAB and the easy access to a decent food court. Plus it's an easy walk to both Epcot and the Skyliner station at the IG. If you can get it, BCV would be my first choice.

Thanks!
My vote is definitely for BCV. The food options for kids are definitely better and the pool is fantastic. On a side note, BWV would be my choice without kids due to its proximity to the nightlife. My husband and I love Jellyrolls!

I like both, but prefer BC. You get access to Stormalong Bay and a re we steps closer to Epcot. Plus, I like the rooms better

Both are great resorts. I would also say if you have kids BC would be better as long as they are at an age where you don't have to keep an eye on them. SAB is very large. For me I enjoy walking the boardwalk and the resort has an old time feel which I like. You really can't go wrong with either one of them. Have a great time!

Are you booking a studio or a larger room?

BCV comes with access to the fancy pool, but I have to admit, I wasn't all that impressed. It's also a few steps closer to Epcot
BWV has lower-point-cost standard rooms if you're trying to safe some money (or points). It's also very convenient to the DHS walking path.

If SAB doesn’t sway you to BCV, I would go with BWV. I personally think the food situation at both resorts is similarly “meh”, and I like how the walk to DHS feels much closer from BWV, especially if you’re at the end of the building.

They’re both great though. Can’t go wrong.

We are trying BCV for the first time in 2 weeks, only staying 1 night in a studio. Then we move over to VGF, 7 nights 1 BR SV, first time back in 2 years Always wanted to check out BCV, we'll try BWV another time. Been trying different resort the past couple years.
Don't think you can go wrong with either!

This is a tough choice. I would give the edge to BC for food options and proximity to Epcot. But really they’re so close, you can eat at either resort or Epcot. If you like Stormalong Bay then that’s the way to go. (I’ve heard it is stressful to keep an eye on young kids because it’s so sprawling.) You can’t use the pool at BC if you’re a guest at BW.

Boardwalk is closer to Hollywood Studios if you want to walk, and has a great view (Boardwalk view). The views at BC aren’t much to write home about.

I fell in love with BW first, but we have been spending more trips at BC lately. So I guess my vote is BC for now. But I love them both and whatever you decide, you’ll have an awesome trip. Just try the other resort for your next visit ;)

Beach Club. The rooms are tight, IMO. The pullout couch was terrible, BUT the location is amazing!!! We love it. Rooms need an update.

BWV we have only been in a 1-bedroom, but I assume they are similar in size.

Does everyone swim well?
Do you have time built into your trip to really enjoy the pool area?
If so, BCV.

If you don't have lots of time for the pool, and you prefer people in one pool area to keep an eye on them, then BWV.

The best part of BCV is the pool. After that it’s Boardwalk all the way. Easier to walk to both HS and Epcot. Boardwalk entertainment and nightlife is great. Magic shows, comedy, jump rope, jugglers, carny games, etc… Gift shop on the strip. Walk up pizza, ice cream, deli sandwiches, carnival food, and a new Cake Shop. Dining options, Jelly Rolls. Honestly, there’s a reason Disney uses the Boardwalk in photos and Run Disney races. It’s great!

SAB holds NO appeal in our family-too many brushes with skin cancer to enjoy the beach. Yet, we much prefer BCV to BWV. The background music (I think the band is "Sounds of Steel and Wood") makes it so peaceful and friendly. Also, you can get from your room all the way to Beaches and Cream for a No Way Jose Sundae without getting wet in the rain.
The one point for BWV, however, is that the Boardwalk view rooms have the best views I've seen from any room.

Last edited:
On the other hand - at that age my kids were too strong swimmers to really enjoy BCV - they'd much rather spend a day at a waterpark - and they weren't huge on the swim all the time mid day any longer. So SAB wouldn't be a huge driver and our family prefers BWV. But...it really does depend if you are booking at seven months with your own points looking for a studio - or booking 11 months out either with your own points or as a rental. And what you can get in any case. Both resorts are popular, studios go fast, BWV will have availability a little longer (but not for standard or boardwalk view) and both - if you are trying for a rental - have more renters looking for points than members willing to rent out points.

Book BWV and waitlist BCV. If both not there, book whatever IS and waitlist. Boulder Ridge will be renovated by then and could be a solid choice, sleeps 5 so kids don't have to share, and probably will have the murphy bed not a pull out sofa. 2 nice pools there and great food options (QS, Geyser Pt, Whispering Canyon, Artist point).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter