Beach Club or Boardwalk

Beach Club or Boardwalk

• Beach Club

Votes: 74 56.5%
  • Boardwalk

Votes: 57 43.5%

• Total voters
Given the expiry of these contracts, Im tempted just to rent points to get the home advantage
An expiration date nearly 20 years from now doesn’t concern many. I think the cost ti these rooms from Disney will rise, so will the cost to rent. Still the hardest resort to get, and most own there to stay there. They’re premium pints to rent as well.

Short answer. BC.

Take our typical Saturday: brunch at Trattoria Al Forno, Ale and Compass, or Topolinos (via skyliner), then BC pool until mid-afternoon, back to room for a bit, then dinner and walk in EPCOT followed by fireworks specialty cruise, then hang around BWV until time for 10:40pm Beaches and Cream reservation. We love BWV vibe even more than BC, but we can just walk over to BWV and experience it all and not missing out on the pool at BC (Stormalong pool is epic for kids)...also, BC is closer to the Skyliner and Epcot, and very difficult to get at 7 months out (whereas BVW are much easier to book). Also resale BC seems to be consistently higher.

Given the expiry of these contracts, Im tempted just to rent points to get the home advantage
I would do the same. I know it kinda works if you crunch the numbers, but I just look at both resorts as a rapidly diminishing asset. I like to think I’ll own all my points forever, but 2042 is not forever.

You have like a billion points. You don’t need home advantage. Just walk the 1BR.

Short answer. BC.

Take our typical Saturday: brunch at Trattoria Al Forno, Ale and Compass, or Topolinos (via skyliner), then BC pool until mid-afternoon, back to room for a bit, then dinner and walk in EPCOT followed by fireworks specialty cruise, then hang around BWV until time for 10:40pm Beaches and Cream reservation. We love BWV vibe even more than BC, but we can just walk over to BWV and experience it all and not missing out on the pool at BC (Stormalong pool is epic for kids)...also, BC is closer to the Skyliner and Epcot, and very difficult to get at 7 months out (whereas BVW are much easier to book). Also resale BC seems to be consistently higher.
This is the exact reasoning that we chose Beach Club over Boardwalk.

I own RIV, VGF(1) and (2), BLT, SSR, AUL, PVB and have 3,500 points.

Ive never stayed at BCV or BWV yet. I tend to do MK split stays.

Only thing that puts me off is 2042 expiration......
Serious question, did you look into Golden Oaks?

https://www.disneygoldenoak.com/neighborhoods/symphony-grove/
These apparently started at $2M, and instantly sold out.

DH and I aren't anywhere near retirement age, to be able to utilize a holiday home on the far side of the world. But I'm thinking it won't hurt to brainwash a few pals into the cult of Disney. If we had 5 Disney crazy friends, splitting one of these 6 ways would yield 2 months/year/family, at considerably lower MF than what I currently pay for my DVC! (Ignoring time value of money, lost opportunity costs etc because well, we'd be old and past the accumulation phase... :rolleyes1 )

I own RIV, VGF(1) and (2), BLT, SSR, AUL, PVB and have 3,500 points.

Ive never stayed at BCV or BWV yet. I tend to do MK split stays.

Only thing that puts me off is 2042 expiration......
I don't really understand buying somewhere you've never stayed. You might hate it. Why not do a BC/BW split stay, either renting or snagging whatever you can with your existing points at 7 months?

I’m biased as we’ve owned at BWV for 22 years, but the Epcot/HS resort area cannot be beat, especially BWV & BC with ability to walk to both parks. It’s a game changer! You can’t go wrong with either.

The Boardwalk view rooms are one of the best views in all of WDW in my opinion. Being able to sit on the balcony with your coffee or glass of wine and watch the energy of the Boardwalk is the best. You often have to grab these at 11 months as they are popular, but they’re so worth it. However, lots of nice garden & pool views as well.

Add to that 2 terrific bars, and 2 of the best restaurants on WDW property right now in Flying Fish and Trattoria Il Forno (we used to love Beaches and Cream @ BC for burgers & ice cream, but went in November for the first time since they expanded and felt like it’s completely lost its character with the retro booths removed etc. We probably won’t go back).

However, if the pool is a big part of your Disney vacation days and you have young ones that could be a key determining factor for Beach Club.

Finally, I did have a chuckle reading about the walking time differential to Epcot. It is most definitely not a 20 minute walk from Boardwalk to Epcot back entrance. While I haven’t timed it on a stopwatch, our average walk time is probably 5-7 minutes, and there is also a boat option 😊

I impulsively (& unexpectedly!) bought an add-on contract for the first time in 20 years at VGF2 in March due to the favorable pricing and the extended contract, and am excited about doing some long weekend and/or split stays there. But I wouldn’t give up my Boardwalk points for anything. I’m in it till the end 🥰

Good luck with your decision!

Prior to the Skyliner I would have chosen BWV since its a more convenient walk to both parks (and we usually prefer to walk.. at least to the park). Now it would be more of a toss-up. Have stayed in both and think the BWV has better theming, but the pool is better at BCV, one of a kind in Disney. We bought our first and likely only points a few years ago, a resale during the covid in summer 2020 when the prices were down, I really wanted one of these two but couldn't justify the short time window. So we ended up with BLT. Have been able to book BWV though at seven months, stalking. As noted, BCV is a harder reservation to get for non-owners.

Serious question, did you look into Golden Oaks?

https://www.disneygoldenoak.com/neighborhoods/symphony-grove/
These apparently started at $2M, and instantly sold out.

DH and I aren't anywhere near retirement age, to be able to utilize a holiday home on the far side of the world. But I'm thinking it won't hurt to brainwash a few pals into the cult of Disney. If we had 5 Disney crazy friends, splitting one of these 6 ways would yield 2 months/year/family, at considerably lower MF than what I currently pay for my DVC! (Ignoring time value of money, lost opportunity costs etc because well, we'd be old and past the accumulation phase... :rolleyes1 )
I’ve looked into them, more out of curiosity than any interest in buying a very pricey vacation home. The houses are on very small lots, not on property the same way the hotels are, and in addition to maintenance, cost of furnishings, and property taxes, there are 20k annual association dues for all the fun community Disney perks. I’d rather have the points.

I’ve looked into them, more out of curiosity than any interest in buying a very pricey vacation home. The houses are on very small lots, not on property the same way the hotels are, and in addition to maintenance, cost of furnishings, and property taxes, there are 20k annual association dues for all the fun community Disney perks. I’d rather have the points.
Agree the Golden Oaks location is inferior to BWV/BCV. We too were only willing to throw away the cost of a fun car on DVC points- easily recouped by not purchasing said fun car - for our Disney habit.

The recent Parks changes do make me think our WDW experience would have been vastly better if we joined Club 33 instead of buying DVC. Unlimited queue cutting renders resort location inconsequential, and I consider both the DVC purchase cost and C33 membership cost as a sunk cost anyway. Of course, international guests are only invited if they're a rockstar or Golden Oaks resident...

ETA: OP is international and seems to have a much higher Disney budget than I do. This board is all about enabling and spending other people's money for vicarious fun!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter