beach Club, Poly & BWI reopenings delayed

Confused. I am booked at BCV for Aug. 12-18. If it isn't open how did that happen? And when/what should I expect?

DVC remains open at all. It's the hotel side that is impacted by the changes - and potentially some amenities (like Stormalong Bay that isn't currently open).
Are the friendship boats running? Is it faster to take a boat or skyliner from BCV to HS?

Does anyone know if the Marketplace, Hurricane Hannhas or Beaches & Cream are open?

Are the friendship boats running? Is it faster to take a boat or skyliner from BCV to HS?

It's my understanding that the friendship boats start later this week. Not sure what's fastest. We generally opt to walk as we prefer to be under our own power ... but the heat is pretty brutal this time of year.

Does anyone know if the Marketplace, Hurricane Hannhas or Beaches & Cream are open?
Beach Club marketplace and Beaches & Cream are both open. Hurricane Hannah's is not.

This is a bummer. I have a reservation at beachclub at the start of November and I have a feeling storm along bay will still be closed.

Not surprising. There just isn’t the demand to open all these hotels. They wouldn’t have all the DVCs open either of the obligation wasn’t there.

Hopefully the demand improves as the impact of the pandemic in Florida improves.

Not surprising. There just isn’t the demand to open all these hotels. They wouldn’t have all the DVCs open either of the obligation wasn’t there.

Hopefully the demand improves as the impact of the pandemic in Florida improves.

They aren’t filling those either. A 1 bedroom at the fanciest new DVC property, the Riviera, is going for under $500 a night right now. That’s straight insane.

They aren’t filling those either. A 1 bedroom at the fanciest new DVC property, the Riviera, is going for under $500 a night right now. That’s straight insane.

I doubt they’re going to sell out much of anything. They’re just avoiding the continued accrual of backlogged points by having DVC available for booking.

I know way over priced if you want to sell out.

I don’t think under $500 for a 1 bedroom is a bad price at all. That will be a good option for those that do go deluxe who usually spend not much less for just a hotel room.

I don’t think under $500 for a 1 bedroom is a bad price at all. That will be a good option for those that do go deluxe who usually spend not much less for just a hotel room.

Not sure it's shocking that $500/night rooms are not going like hot cakes. If it was $150/night then it would be a different story.

Disney is typically fairly overpriced for the normal American. It's why they run 30-35% discounts off rack rate during even good times.

Not sure it's shocking that $500/night rooms are not going like hot cakes. If it was $150/night then it would be a different story.

Disney is typically fairly overpriced for the normal American. It's why they run 30-35% discounts off rack rate during even good times.

My point was with prices like that and rooms available at RIV because they have to be open, it gives those that are willing to go a nice place to stay...which allows Disney to keep the other deluxe closed.

I'd want at least $14 a point. Thats $560.. Disney undercutting owners :crazy:

Yup. I think the rental market will have to come way down if these prices from Disney continue to make the risk worth it. But, the DVC resorts opening do now give Disney the ability to keep costs down from running more of their own resorts and selling unused inventory for cash.

I'd want at least $14 a point. Thats $560.. Disney undercutting owners :crazy:
DVC owners are specifically warned about this at purchase. It's been so since at least 1999 and I suspect it has been there since the beginning of DVC. I remember seeing it on the product understanding checklist we had to sign way back in 1999.

My point was with prices like that and rooms available at RIV because they have to be open, it gives those that are willing to go a nice place to stay...which allows Disney to keep the other deluxe closed.

I got you I read it completely wrong, sorry about that.

Honestly have to think its better to stay at RIV over the MK resorts right now since you can avoid the busses more often. Friendship boats are still shut down as well I think so that throws a wrench in to BCV/BWV if you planned on going to HS more than 1 day of your trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter