• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

beach club.. pros cons

Staying there in a couple months - would love to hear more about the place and see more pictures. ;) I will post a detailed review when I return.

A hop skip and jump to EPCOT . (The backdoor wish getting into all the parks was this easy). A boat ride to MGM or a 20 min. walk to there but you walk enough at Disney so we prefer the boat The pool is the best thing next to the waterparks. And the Boardwalk is just across the lake with many things to do FF ESPN Spoodle's Big River Brewing Jellyrolls Alantic Dance and other night time happings.
Regards Mr. Icelady

BC is a great a resort especially the location and the pool, but I thought I'd throw in a few of the cons. Not that I didn't like it, (I did), but no place is perfect.

Transportation- It shares buses with all the epcot resorts so you end up stopping at several resorts. Not a big deal, but it surprised me that a deluxe resport would have all the stops. To get to MGM you must walk or take a really slow boat( took 30 minutes with 2 or 3 stops) to get to MGM.

QUick food- there are lots of great sit down eating places within 5-15 minutes walk, but if you just want to grab something quick, Beaches and cream is the only place and it has a limited menu and limited seating and tends to have long lines. On the positive side, the food is good, but just no grab and run food.

pool-it is great and large, but can get busy. It was slightly crowded, but manageable when I went, but that was before the Villas were added so I don't know if crowds are a problem now.

It is a nice resort so I am not saying don't stay there, but these were the things that disappointed me during my visit.

Love the location - walk to Epcot, boat to MGM. Stroll over to the Boardwalk area. Lots of close by dining options. We love Stormalong Bay and consider it a major reason to stay at BC or YC. You can walk to Fantasia Minature Golf. It's a beautiful resort with great CM's. We've never had a bad experience there.

You'll love it.

PamNC

I just got back, and stayed at BC, GF, and Universal's Hard Rock. DS (14) and I liked BC the best. Had a great room facing the Boardwalk and lake, and could slip down the steps and be right on the path to Epcot. Kids loved the beach area, the multiperson bikes, and the pool area. They now give you a wrist band to use the pool, and we had no problems getting chairs. The kids liked the pool area as well. I agree there isn't anywhere except Beaches to get a snack, but we did use room service one night , and it was excellent. (just a club sandwich that DS and I split.) We had plenty of snacks in the room, plus the bakery at the Boardwalk was so close by.

We love the BC!(going back in dec.) As everyone said great location,pool, and rooms are a decent size. Besides Beaches and Cream we've found Hurricane Hannah"s by the pool and Crews Cup Lounge (at YC) good places for a quick bite and if you don't mind a short walk there's BW pizza window(Spoodles), BW bakery or the Dolphin Fountain(Dolphin). As for the bus service have to agree with the others a little slow that's why we split and do MK resort & Epcot resort. Have a great trip!!! :)

I can't add anything to what everyone else has said, although I just wanted to agree with julfre that the pool does get busy at times! We stayed at YC and BC at individual times and the pool was busy for us on both occasions...Not sure if we just have bad timing or what? :) Just my opinion...seems a lot busier than say AKL or WL pools...:):)

Hi,

Just alittle background on our trip: we were at WDW Thanksgiving week last year--so it was alittle crowded because of that.

Pro:

LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION!!! We enjoyed being so close to MGM, Epcot and the Boardwalk

Cons:

Transportation: Like julfre, we had problems with the transportation--we tried the bus only once to MK--and after that experience we decided to drive from then on!

Stormalong Bay pool:

Too crowded! No one was issuing wrist bands when we were there--we ended up using the quiet pool (our room overlooked the queit pool) and it was ok.

Not a relaxing resort: I thought it was aliitle too crowded--not a relaxing place for me--there are so many people walking thru because of Epcot and Boardwalk--there seemed to people everywhere! It would have been nice to escape the crowds a bit when we went back to the resort! JMHO though!

;)

Overall, it is a good place to stay! Have fun!

Not all of the rooms have a full balcony. If you want a full balcony, request it ahead of time.

As others have mentioned:

Pro's: Location!!!! Nicely themed, nice lobby, nice full service restaurants, easy access to restaurants, etc. at boardwalk and other restaurants at S/D, and even just to go to restaurants at EPCOT. Can't beat for getting into EPCOT! Also, nice, bright, large rooms (but as mentioned before, make sure to ask for full balcony if this is important to you).

Con's: Crowded, LOUD pool. The hotel itself always seemed quite busy/crowded, so maybe not as relaxing. No quick food - especially for breakfast...we are used to counter service restaurants for breakfast as in most of the other deluxes, and this place just didn't have anything like that. Beaches and Creams had SOME stuff, but was always SO CROWDED. And this was in October! We ended up going to Tubbi's at the S/D for our 'quick' breakfasts. Also, since the pool is so crowded, if you were looking to relax at the quiet pool, you will see that often times it is not quiet at all as it serves as overflow for the main pool.

I guess you can tell it's not DH and my favorite resort, but it we did enjoy it alot. Nothing was a show-stopper by any means. However, we just probably wouldn't pick it for our next trip.

I do have to say that the location really does make up for alot of the con's, tho!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter