• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Beach Club Room Safes

scoobydooby2016

Mouseketeer
Hi. Is anyone able to advise me about the size of the safes in the refurbished Beach a club rooms as I haven’t stayed here since 2010. Would it fit a MacBook and a 12.5 inch I Pad Pro? Many thanks

We can fit easily 2 iPads, plus meds & jewelry. Not sure if that helps.

Thanks. What size I pads do you have?

Oh gosh, hmm, mine is smaller than my DH’s, so I guess mine is a mini iPad and his is a regular sized iPad. Does that sound right? I’ve never really paid too much attention to the names/sizes.
His does seem to be a good bit bigger than mine.
With both in the safety box this is still room width wise.

Oh gosh, hmm, mine is smaller than my DH’s, so I guess mine is a mini iPad and his is a regular sized iPad. Does that sound right? I’ve never really paid too much attention to the names/sizes.
His does seem to be a good bit bigger than mine.
With both in the safety box this is still room width wise.

Hi. The one my daughter has is the largest size available and it’s pretty big. I just looked it up to be sure and it’s 12.9 inches and I think sons MacBook Pro is a little bit longer again. As they are such expensive items I want them to be safe and I know they won’t want to travel without them. My son will have studying to do on our next trip and according to DD her whole life is on hers

From the Yacht & Beach Club FAQ:

Will it fit???

Beach Club/Yacht Club Room Safes: Does an ipad fit in the room safe?

Room Safes in the renovated Beach Club rooms now open and lock with a numerical keypad rather than a key. As of summer 2016, the Yacht Club room safes still operate with a key. We suspect that these safes will be replaced when the YC rooms undergo rehab.

Safe%20Dec%202014%20Closed%20HM.jpg
Safe%20Dec%202014%20Open%20with%20Purse%20HM.jpg

Dimensions- Length: 14 inches, Width: 5 1/2 inches, Height: ??

If you have valuables that won't fit in the safe in your room, there are a couple of things you can do:

The front desk has a safe deposit box you can use.

You can check your items at Bell Services and they will lock it in the cage.

From the Yacht & Beach Club FAQ:

Will it fit???

Beach Club/Yacht Club Room Safes: Does an ipad fit in the room safe?

Room Safes in the renovated Beach Club rooms now open and lock with a numerical keypad rather than a key. As of summer 2016, the Yacht Club room safes still operate with a key. We suspect that these safes will be replaced when the YC rooms undergo rehab.

Safe%20Dec%202014%20Closed%20HM.jpg
Safe%20Dec%202014%20Open%20with%20Purse%20HM.jpg

Dimensions- Length: 14 inches, Width: 5 1/2 inches, Height: ??

If you have valuables that won't fit in the safe in your room, there are a couple of things you can do:

The front desk has a safe deposit box you can use.

You can check your items at Bell Services and they will lock it in the cage.

Thank you. That looks like it will work and hold the documents and passports too. Thank you both so much. Happy teens, happy life

I also use locks on my luggage. So if I have something that won’t fit, I put it in my luggage & lock it. A worker could cut thru it but that’s highly unlikely. And I agree, happy happy teens, happy life. I’ve had two teens unhappy during a visit before, so not fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter