Beach Club rooms taken offline

Oct 14-22 is my first time as resale owner stay. Wonder if there’s a chance my reservation could be pulled? It was such a hard decision to buy at a 2042 resort so late in its game but it’s where I wanted to stay, that I hope I don’t get moved. 256 days away, so I guess a lot can happen before then.

More availability for 1 bedrooms and 2 bedrooms populated today for Feb/March. I wonder if the refurb has been delayed

There have been numerous pictures of the refurb construction that has started with the 5 th floor on different threads at BCV.

Oct 14-22 is my first time as resale owner stay. Wonder if there’s a chance my reservation could be pulled? It was such a hard decision to buy at a 2042 resort so late in its game but it’s where I wanted to stay, that I hope I don’t get moved. 256 days away, so I guess a lot can happen before then.
I don't think they will pull the reservation.

Someone staying there now is reporting they hear construction and plans to check on status later. We will see what is being done.

They won’t pull/cancel your reservation - but they may move you to a different resort if they need the room at BCV - that’s what happened to me in December with WL/BRV…and they didn’t let us know until THE DAY BEFORE!!! I was not a happy DVCer…

They won’t pull/cancel your reservation - but they may move you to a different resort if they need the room at BCV - that’s what happened to me in December with WL/BRV…and they didn’t let us know until THE DAY BEFORE!!! I was not a happy DVCer…
Oh no! Is there a post about this to read what happened???

Oh no! Is there a post about this to read what happened???
Probably - Boulder Ridge was supposed to be refurbed years ago and then Covid or labor shortages or ‘blah blah blah’ hit and the refurb didn’t start til late 2022 - those of us who had reservations were moved to other resorts as they needed to demo our BRV rooms…they offered me a studio at BW (I had a 1Br at BRV) or a 1 Br at SS - they also refunded me the points difference and would either bank or unborrow or unbanked whatever points I may be getting refunded…I turned them down and was able to stay at BRV but I did need to checkout a day early because the whole side of the floor was going to be worked on…

Probably - Boulder Ridge was supposed to be refurbed years ago and then Covid or labor shortages or ‘blah blah blah’ hit and the refurb didn’t start til late 2022 - those of us who had reservations were moved to other resorts as they needed to demo our BRV rooms…they offered me a studio at BW (I had a 1Br at BRV) or a 1 Br at SS - they also refunded me the points difference and would either bank or unborrow or unbanked whatever points I may be getting refunded…I turned them down and was able to stay at BRV but I did need to checkout a day early because the whole side of the floor was going to be worked on…
Ugh. I’m sorry that happened to you. It would be so terribly disappointing. October is a long time away so here’s to hoping for the best.

Just saw a post on FB with pics. Currently 4th and 5th floors are being worked on, and guests directed to go to Beach Club for complimentary laundry. The big lumps sure look like Murphy beds to me. Yay!

I’m hoping the inventory dump was Disney releasing 5th floor rooms as they anticipate being done those rooms in March. Maybe. I hope so because I’ll be there in March. 😂

Just saw a post on FB with pics. Currently 4th and 5th floors are being worked on, and guests directed to go to Beach Club for complimentary laundry. The big lumps sure look like Murphy beds to me. Yay!

I’m hoping the inventory dump was Disney releasing 5th floor rooms as they anticipate being done those rooms in March. Maybe. I hope so because I’ll be there in March. 😂

I saw these too and I actually thought wow not much looks done and with all that was released for early FEB I worry that they were behind.

FINGERS Crossed as I would love to have some rooms done by the end of February when we arrive!

I have family members staying at BCV next week. We knew it was a long shot but were kind of hoping there may be a few renovated rooms back in the rotation by then. Sounds like they must still be a ways off from having any ready for occupancy though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter