• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Beach Club Villa Studio - Lock off v Dedicated

raph_b

<font color="red">Proud Redhead</font>
Hi everyone

We're staying at BCV later this year and just wondered if there was any real difference between the dedicated studios and the lock off studios? Or is it just the interconnecting door?

Are they both the same size?

Thanks!

I've never noticed any difference in the studio itself, just the door. Sometimes the connecting door allows more noise to come through, which may be an issue, depending on your neighbors. If that's the case, I use the tip I learned from these boards and use a rolled up towel along the base, to muffle noise from the crack at the bottom of the door. Northerners may recognize this as being like blocking cold from coming through the base of the door in the winter.

During our two most recent stays at BCV we had 2 bedrooms. The lockoff last year had the couch and the new pull-down bed under the tv. The dedicated studio had two queen beds. Perhaps this has changed.

During our two most recent stays at BCV we had 2 bedrooms. The lockoff last year had the couch and the new pull-down bed under the tv. The dedicated studio had two queen beds. Perhaps this has changed.

A dedicated 2 bedroom doesn't have a studio as part of it. It has the 2nd bedroom with the beds...but that can never be used as a studio

OP was asking only about studios and their make up. All studios at BCV have the couch and the pull down under the TV...the lock off has a door to open to the 1 bedroom to be used as a 2 bedroom...which is what you had as one of your 2 bedrooms.

But a dedicated studio doesn't connect to anything so it is not part of any larger unit. It will be the exact same as the lock off studio...couch and pull down bed under the TV...but simply no connecting door!

Lock off doors in studios can be a noise source -- even in some one bedrooms as well. In larger rooms the door can sometimes be away from the main living areas, but in studios there's no escaping it. We always try for a dedicated whenever the resort offers that option (not all of them do).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter