Beach Club Villas Refurb 2022

We stayed at BCV over New Year and while the room was in good shape (I wouldn't have expected it to be imminently refreshed, thought maybe it had another 2 years), [deep breath] we were surprised at the lack of Disney feel/touches.

BCV's aesthetic is great for our tastes but we couldn't find a single 'Disney thing' anywhere in the room and were honestly surprised it doesn't get more flak for this considering how much Riviera got when there's many subtle and not-subtle 'Disney things' in those rooms.
it was great before the 2016 refurb, but they did a masterful job stripping it all out.

it was great before the 2016 refurb, but they did a masterful job stripping it all out.
Looks like they've added a little bit in the studios with the refurb. Hanging art above the sofa with Donald + nephews, then more Donald (IIRC) after pulling down the murphy bed.

Nothing more to report except that the 4th floor was still closed as of last night. No work on any other floors. As reported 5th floor is done and 1, 2 and 3 yet to start as far as I could tell.
Thanks! Did you happen to see if carpet was in the hall yet on 4th?

I did some basic mathing.

There are 282 rooms at the BCV broken out per floor as below:

1- 52

2 - 63

3 - 66

4 - 66

5 - 35

They stated the refurb would be Jan 7 through early April. To be generous to Disney I calculated through April for a total of 113 days for the length of the refurb.

We are currently 33 days into the refurb which is just shy of a 1/3 of the way through. 1/3 of the rooms would be 94 which is a little less than 5th & 4th floor combined. So I would hope that within the next weekish we see 4th floor finished and open for guests and 3rd floor go down for refurbishment if they are on track to finish. Keep in mind this is my very basic/estimated/general math/quick observations and does not take into consideration actual square feet/different room configurations or common spaces like hallways, but I will be watching to see if we start getting any new reports.

Thanks! Did you happen to see if carpet was in the hall yet on 4th?

I did some basic mathing.

There are 282 rooms at the BCV broken out per floor as below:

1- 52

2 - 63

3 - 66

4 - 66

5 - 35

They stated the refurb would be Jan 7 through early April. To be generous to Disney I calculated through April for a total of 113 days for the length of the refurb.

We are currently 33 days into the refurb which is just shy of a 1/3 of the way through. 1/3 of the rooms would be 94 which is a little less than 5th & 4th floor combined. So I would hope that within the next weekish we see 4th floor finished and open for guests and 3rd floor go down for refurbishment if they are on track to finish. Keep in mind this is my very basic/estimated/general math/quick observations and does not take into consideration actual square feet/different room configurations or common spaces like hallways, but I will be watching to see if we start getting any new reports.
They had tape up across the elevator doors so I decided to respect that however the carpet I could see was the new. Also a lot of the rooms either had drapes open or could have been in the process of replacement.

They had tape up across the elevator doors so I decided to respect that however the carpet I could see was the new. Also a lot of the rooms either had drapes open or could have been in the process of replacement.
I get that and as a fellow rule follower I don't think I could have stepped out the elevator either. Exciting though that from the elevator you can see new carpet. I think that is a good sign it is finishing up.

Any word yet if murphy beds were part of the refurb? Sure hoping they are done before my trip on April 5th.

Has there been any reports of the 3rd floor closing yet? I would think to keep even an end of April timeline that needs to happen real soon.

Thanks for the pics. The changes look really nice. Hoping next month, when we visit, we might get lucky and get one of the new rooms to check it out personally.

Doesn’t look much different than the studio we stayed in, except for the Murphy bed. A welcome addition!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter