Beach Club Vs. Boardwalk Inn

ras1121

Mouseketeer
My wife and I are planning a trip this summer, was wondering what your thoughts were on these two resorts... why would you choose one over the other?

Thanks for the help!

I'm a DVC member and have stayed at both resorts. I've stayed at Boardwalk several times and will be staying there again next June. I just stayed at Beach Club this past June. My thoughts....

If you will be spending a lot of time at EPCOT, you can't beat the quick walk form Beach Club. Yes, Boardwalk is right there as well, but the Beach Club is that much quicker. That is especially nice if you plan to go to dinners in EPCOT. You can make a quick return after a late night of eating. Other than, that only advantage to Beach Club that I would cite is the pool. I did really enjoy the pool, and you can only go there if you're staying at Beach Club.

I happen to like the atmosphere of Boardwalk more than Beach Club. Obviously, this is personal taste, but I'm not too fond of the Beach Club decor, and happen to really like Boardwalk.

The truth is, if you stay at either location, you have all of the same amenities available to you. You can't really go wrong unless you specifically want to take advantage of Stormalong Bay (Beach Club pool).

I'm sure other people will have some helpful ideas. But bottom line, they're both convenient locations to EPCOT and Hollywood Studios. You'll probably be happy with either choice.

(Did I make you more confused?)

On our first visit we stayed at the Boardwalk. Although we loved it we decided the second trip to stay at the BC to try something new. We have been there four years in a row and have no plans to ever change. For us (DH & Myself) we enjoy the fact that the Marketplace at the Yacht & Beach is huge and carries everything we could possibly want or need, all of the restaurants are inside the complex and the pool area is second to none.

Any ideas on room refurbishments? I notice all ears has some nice rooms for the BC posted on their site, yet the Disney site does not have matching photos on their web-site (for the rooms).

We've stayed at both, with our most recent trip to BWV last October. The rooms were in dire need of refurb at that time. I have to agree that you can't beat BC for the short walk to Epcot and the fantastic pool area. I loved the theme and decor of BC, but I'm originally from Maine, so I felt like I was back home.

Any ideas on room refurbishments? I notice all ears has some nice rooms for the BC posted on their site, yet the Disney site does not have matching photos on their web-site (for the rooms).

The Beach Club, Yacht Club, and Boardwalk all have been refurbished recently (since 2008). I don't think you can go wrong with any of the Epcot area hotels!

I know both resorts have the refillable mugs for purchase... does the beach club have a food court to refill them in, I know you have to use the counters at the BWI to refill.

Inside the Marketplace you can refill your mug at a self serve station with sodas, hot or iced tea, coffee and hot chocolate.

I'm a DVC member and have stayed at both resorts. I've stayed at Boardwalk several times and will be staying there again next June. I just stayed at Beach Club this past June. My thoughts....

If you will be spending a lot of time at EPCOT, you can't beat the quick walk form Beach Club. Yes, Boardwalk is right there as well, but the Beach Club is that much quicker. That is especially nice if you plan to go to dinners in EPCOT. You can make a quick return after a late night of eating. Other than, that only advantage to Beach Club that I would cite is the pool. I did really enjoy the pool, and you can only go there if you're staying at Beach Club.

I happen to like the atmosphere of Boardwalk more than Beach Club. Obviously, this is personal taste, but I'm not too fond of the Beach Club decor, and happen to really like Boardwalk.

The truth is, if you stay at either location, you have all of the same amenities available to you. You can't really go wrong unless you specifically want to take advantage of Stormalong Bay (Beach Club pool).

I'm sure other people will have some helpful ideas. But bottom line, they're both convenient locations to EPCOT and Hollywood Studios. You'll probably be happy with either choice.

(Did I make you more confused?)

Thank you for the info!

BC has the better pool, buy BW has more entertainment, especially at night. Both are great resorts, and I have also heard many great things about YC.

BC has the better pool, buy BW has more entertainment, especially at night. Both are great resorts, and I have also heard many great things about YC.

All the entertainment at the BW is within walking distance from the BC, right?

Yes; picture a big circle with a lake in the middle. Beach Club and Boardwalk are across the lake from one another. It's an easy walk all the way around.

Yes; picture a big circle with a lake in the middle. Beach Club and Boardwalk are across the lake from one another. It's an easy walk all the way around.

Great! So the entertainment at the Boardwalk is not exclusive to the BWI, however the pool (which everyone raves about) at the BC is... We are def. pool people so I think we are leaning towards the BC... plus I like that the BS is even that much closer to Epcot. Thanks again for the help... if you have any more info. please share.

We prefer Boardwalk from the decor of the lobby & rooms, the atmosphere and location. We walk to EPCOT & the studios and the BWI is more centrally located between the two. :goodvibes

The differnce to epcot is about 1-2 minutes, with DHS a bit closer to the BW. BC has some standing room only balconies, and vieWs are okay, but nothing compared to BW view at the BWIM
We fouund BC too noisy snd chaotic for us (both the resort and pool) and gReatly prefer the BWI and BWV for the array of bothquiet and active options.

I find the decor and theme of the BWI to be far superior to the BC & YC. The entertainment and food choices at the BW are also better, in my opinion. I find the style of the BC & YC to be rather tired and dated (the actual "decor" has been refurbished, I just don't like the way it looks) and the Cape May Buffet feels like and looks like a Marriott restaurant.

We enjoy the Luna Park Pool and the Keister Coaster slide at BW. I'm sure for people who are all about the pool and love slides, SAB is better, but my family doesn't do slides and the pool at BW is fantastic, in our opinion, and far less hectic.

I'm with those who prefer the Boardwalk because it allows one to both be "part of the action" (the pool/boardwalk part) AND to "get way from things and relax" (the Belle View Lounge/Garden Suites part). The BC always feels busy and crowded to me (especially the path between it and the pool, which reminds me of being on a midtown Manhattan sidewalk) and you get more than enough of that mob scene stuff at the parks. The whole purpose of a deluxe is to offer you a retreat from the madness!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter