Beach Club vs. Carribean Beach

Beach club has several deluxe rooms that hold 6 people. It includes 2 queen beds and a pullout sofa. It’s bigger than the standard room but still smaller than two moderates with connecting doors.

Price for that room was about $780 plus about $100 in taxes and fees.

We could make it work for 6 people. I just feel like I should have it all for $900 a night.

Lol
I’d do two at a moderate, the second bathroom is important with that many people. And you can stay longer.

I’d do two at a moderate, the second bathroom is important with that many people. And you can stay longer.
A two bedroom DVC at beach club would be right between the two price points,
Beach club is;
1. in a much better location.
2. You could get 6 nights (again compromise)
3. Same cost for 6 nights as 7 nights at the value resort
4. Beach club is a much nice location, a two bed room would include a master suite, kitchen living room, and then a two queen second bed room.

im not a fan of cooking on vacation, but having the kitchen is nice, if nothing else to store and heat up left overs….

Beach club is;
4. Beach club is a much nice location, a two bed room would include a master suite, kitchen living room, and then a two queen second bed room.

im not a fan of cooking on vacation, but having the kitchen is nice, if nothing else to store and heat up left overs….
IF you can get a 2BR renting points for 6 nights. That would be the best of both worlds if it‘s available.

Beach club is;

Plus a washer/dryer.

I'm risk averse so I don't rent DVC points. I'd do 2 rooms at CBR. A) It has a pretty decent feature pool. B) it's the skyliner hub. Sure it has an internal bus system to other parks, but at BC you're sharing the bus to the other parks anyway.

Because they tore down a couple buildings to build riviera, you have fewer people competing for the pool than pre-construction days.

I’ve priced out renting points for 6 nights at BC 2 bedroom for June 2024 and I’m not getting anything under 6k and 5 nights around 5k. These are more than the $880 deluxe room at BC and way more than two rooms at CBR.

With that many kids at those ages I would do two rooms at CBR for 7 nights hands down. Personally i prefer 8-10 day trips so I would go down a level in resort to make it happen. Or even go down to Pop if your kids don’t care about a pool slide. At that age my kids loved a pool slide and we did and do midday breaks or AM time at the pool so we utilize that amenity.

We love BC but I can’t justify those prices without a good discount. With the money saved you could Uber to the parks instead of walking into Epcot or DHS.

Personally we don’t mind the buses. We live in an area with lots of public transportation so waiting 10-15 minutes for a bus doesn’t bother us. Luckily we’ve always had good bus luck at all levels of resort. Our worse bus experience was waiting for a MK bus at BC. It got crazy. I thought people were going to riot!

I'm risk averse so I don't rent DVC points. I'd do 2 rooms at CBR. A) It has a pretty decent feature pool. B) it's the skyliner hub. Sure it has an internal bus system to other parks, but at BC you're sharing the bus to the other parks anyway.

Because they tore down a couple buildings to build riviera, you have fewer people competing for the pool than pre-construction days.
I can not do anything that will lock our family in with no refund or change possibility. There are too many variables to risk losing big money in a DVC rental. 100% agree.

I’ve priced out renting points for 6 nights at BC 2 bedroom for June 2024 and I’m not getting anything under 6k and 5 nights around 5k. These are more than the $880 deluxe room at BC and way more than two rooms at CBR.

With that many kids at those ages I would do two rooms at CBR for 7 nights hands down. Personally i prefer 8-10 day trips so I would go down a level in resort to make it happen. Or even go down to Pop if your kids don’t care about a pool slide. At that age my kids loved a pool slide and we did and do midday breaks or AM time at the pool so we utilize that amenity.

We love BC but I can’t justify those prices without a good discount. With the money saved you could Uber to the parks instead of walking into Epcot or DHS.

Personally we don’t mind the buses. We live in an area with lots of public transportation so waiting 10-15 minutes for a bus doesn’t bother us. Luckily we’ve always had good bus luck at all levels of resort. Our worse bus experience was waiting for a MK bus at BC. It got crazy. I thought people were going to riot!
Since it’s 42 points a night. What were they charging per point,

The 2 bedrooms are expensive, even if you pay cash for them. They are basically apartments and not hotel rooms so I can see how they can be pricey, especially on WDW property. I own DVC but stick to studios. It is no joke when I say that we only had 2 kids because we knew what a hassle it would have been to travel anywhere, let alone WDW, with more than that. A third kid almost doubles your costs.
But the 2 bedrooms are really nice.

The 2 bedrooms are expensive, even if you pay cash for them. They are basically apartments and not hotel rooms so I can see how they can be pricey, especially on WDW property. I own DVC but stick to studios. It is no joke when I say that we only had 2 kids because we knew what a hassle it would have been to travel anywhere, let alone WDW, with more than that. A third kid almost doubles your costs.
But the 2 bedrooms are really nice.

They are nice! We toured them when we thought about buying DVC.

It really is more expensive to travel with more than a family of 4. Costs go up considerably.

Renting points for a 2 bedroom was not going to save the OP any money and/or let them stay a few days longer. Someone said they could stay 6 nights in a 2 bedroom and spend the same as the deluxe room for $880 but that’s not the case. It doesn’t matter since OP said they don’t feel comfortable renting points anyway.

I’ve made two trips with my family of 6 down to wdw and universal. Both trips were 7-8 days. Cost me $13,000 one trip and $17,000 the other trip!

Of course that’s with airfare and living it up and not trying to economize.

With the ages of the kids CBR would be my choice with two rooms to spread out a smidge. My family of 5 stayed at CBR a couple of years ago and would like to go back when we do not have a stroller to deal with. The main pool is nice and the quiet pools are great at the end of the day. Try to get a room closer to the riveria so you can go to either skyliner stop and take advantage of the quick service over there.

So I did more research. If I were to select two preferred rooms at CBR, it adds $100 per room per night. That $1400 total for 2 rooms for a week puts it on par with Beach Club from a cost perspective. The only way I would save money is to get standard rooms. And there is no guarantee the rooms would be connected or even next to each other. Disney will do there best but no guarantees. I looked at the deluxe room at beach club and it’s not that much smaller than the 2 moderate CBR rooms. Since our car will be there, I could possibly store all suitcases in trunk to save space.

I’m tempted to keep beach club now! We value the ability to walk to hotel amenities in an air conditioned building. Who wants to hike to the pool, the lobby for a coffee, the gift shop, ect?

From talking to my coworker, beach club really can’t be compared to CBR.

For the location check out the Swan and Dolphin. Many times they are priced around the cost of a Disney moderate, if not cheaper. You still get the extra hours morning and evening perks that the Disney deluxe resorts get. Both resorts are very nice, and share a great pool complex. The Swan has become my Disney home, but I will stay at the Dolphin too.

So I did more research. If I were to select two preferred rooms at CBR, it adds $100 per room per night. That $1400 total for 2 rooms for a week puts it on par with Beach Club from a cost perspective. The only way I would save money is to get standard rooms. And there is no guarantee the rooms would be connected or even next to each other. Disney will do there best but no guarantees. I looked at the deluxe room at beach club and it’s not that much smaller than the 2 moderate CBR rooms. Since our car will be there, I could possibly store all suitcases in trunk to save space.

I’m tempted to keep beach club now! We value the ability to walk to hotel amenities in an air conditioned building. Who wants to hike to the pool, the lobby for a coffee, the gift shop, ect?

From talking to my coworker, beach club really can’t be compared to CBR.
Having the second bathroom is a no brainer to me even if the price at both is close. I would go CBR or as many have said even POP

Just throwing this in here - what about AOA suites? Plenty of space, two baths and sleeping spaces for everyone and skyliner access.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter