Beach club vs poly

makclair

Earning My Ears
Tentative plan for mid February …hubby/myself/13 yo boy and 9 yo girl

Last trip was 2018…we love to rope drop a park and then go back to rest and then dinner/drinks at Epcot.

my agent found a cancellation at poly vs beach club. My kids won’t sleep together so we need a pull down bed. Having such sticker shock but close to a park is key. We’ve done boardwalk, poly, wilderness lodge ( my fave but they got rid of the bunks), I’ve also done short trips at Carribean beach, and riverside and akl for race weekends.

anyway I can’t decide which one to pull the trigger .hubby is stressed about the money ( we can definitely afford this but still it’s a lot) but I need to plan some happy . I’m in health care So enough said on needing something to look forward to.

Are your kids strong swimmers? I found that the BC pool was just too dispersive and non relaxing at all I loved my stay at the poly very much.

Man this is a good one because these are by far my two favorite resorts!

A few things to consider are: which parks will you spend the most time in? How much time do you plan on spending at the resort? How important is Disney theming?

I think you could make your decision based entirely on these three answers.

Also thoughts on a split stay or is it a pain to transfer mid week. ? We love the poly vibe but everyone is sort of over mk and we will likely only do one day there . But fireworks from the poly beach…..gah

Also thoughts on a split stay or is it a pain to transfer mid week. ? We love the poly vibe but everyone is sort of over mk and we will likely only do one day there . But fireworks from the poly beach…..gah
We have done a split GF/BC stay and it worked out perfectly. Our BC room was ready before we left the GF so we were able to grab a taxi and go straight to our room. I think the disadvantage is that you have to spend time packing up and moving to the next resort. My husband hates split stays and won't do another one. But they can be the best of both worlds. :)

We found that it is easier to take a bus to MK from the YC/BC than it is to take the monorail to Epcot from the Poly. If you don't walk to the TTC from the Poly then you have to take two monorails to get to Epcot. We like to go to Epcot a lot, so we won't stay at a monorail resort anymore.

Yes, swim team kids 😂
It depends if you feel comfortable not having them always in your sight. The large slide is basically across the road. If the pool is not an issue then maybe the BC. Although I feel that might not be that easy to get a good rate for the poly, given the refurb and this might be a once off opportunity. Anyway either would be amazing! I wish I could be there, instead I'm stuck i Australia where we are not allowed to leave the country. 😭

I vote for Poly. Stayed at BC once. It's nice but minus the pool nothing I found that great there that I'd stay again.

BC for Epcot. If you are staying more than 6 days, maybe do a split stay. Or if 5 days, 2 at Poly and 3 @ BC. The Poly is great but @ BC you are close to 2 parks and you have more dining options around you.

or, you could save the money for an extra special event like Cirque, dessert party etc.

I have stayed at a both and you can’t beat the 5 minute walk to Epcot.

You all sound like my husband and me, we usually spend every night at Epcot. We belong to the DVC and our home resort is Beach Club. We have stayed in Poly and I really love Poly but Beach Club is where I prefer just so we can walk to Epcot in the evening and don't need to wait for either a bus or monorail to get back to our resort. It's just a 5 minute walk or so from Epcot to resort at night.

Tentative plan for mid February …hubby/myself/13 yo boy and 9 yo girl

Last trip was 2018…we love to rope drop a park and then go back to rest and then dinner/drinks at Epcot.

my agent found a cancellation at poly vs beach club. My kids won’t sleep together so we need a pull down bed. Having such sticker shock but close to a park is key. We’ve done boardwalk, poly, wilderness lodge ( my fave but they got rid of the bunks), I’ve also done short trips at Carribean beach, and riverside and akl for race weekends.

anyway I can’t decide which one to pull the trigger .hubby is stressed about the money ( we can definitely afford this but still it’s a lot) but I need to plan some happy . I’m in health care So enough said on needing something to look forward to.

I haven't stayed at Poly but did stay next door at Grand Floridian and we have visited the Poly about a million times. We have stayed at Beach Club with our kids when they were between 8-12.

My preference is to stay at an Epcot resort over a MK resort. If your kids are young and you plan to spend half your park days at MK than I can understand staying at a MK monorail resort.

Our family loves Epcot mostly for the World Showcase. We just absolutely love the freedom of being able to walk over to the International Gateway and usually eat dinner somewhere in World Showcase almost every night.

Our stay at BC, our kids were almost exactly the same age as yours and they absolutely loved the pool at BC. We would get chairs in view of the water slide and let our kids have fun. They pretty much did the water slide over and over so we would see them come down every 10 minutes or so and go off with groups of kids for more adventure. Out of all of your trips to WDW, the stay at Beach Club is the one our now college aged kids still talk about.

You can't go wrong either way. The Poly is one of those resorts that everyone loves so I'm sure you will be happy there too. As long as you can afford it go for it and tell your husband to stop stressing. There will come a time soon enough when your kids either won't want to go on vacation with you or won't have time or whatever. You can't buy more time. Go make memories while the kids are young.

We’ve done both and prefer beach club. I don’t think the Poly lived up to the hype for us. We found the pool to be small and boring. We love the Epcot resort vibe. SAB is amazing. It’s usually a bit cheaper than poly too. I would do BC!

Those are the last two places I stayed. Son preferred Poly, wife and I preferred Beach. If EPCOT dinner is the general plan, that Beach Club proximity absolutely cannot be beat. I also really enjoyed Poly (the classic WDW factor helped a lot), and being able to the walk to the TTC is nice. That said, walking home from EPCOT in 8 minutes is amazing. You have easy Skyliner access for flexibility as well.

BC is my recommendation, but both are great resorts.

We love split stays! Then from Poly you get resort monorail to MK, walk to TTC for monorail to epcot. Then from beach club, you get a boat to HS. Best of both worlds

Are your kids strong swimmers? I found that the BC pool was just too dispersive and non relaxing at all I loved my stay at the poly very much.
We were definitely overwhelmed by the BC pool with younger children when we stayed 3 years ago. With 3 little children, we chose one of the smaller pools instead.

If you will be at Epcot most nights, then I would stay at BC without question! The pool is just amazing -- we have 2 kids around the same age as yours and they loved it. The year we stayed at BC was our favorite vacation we have ever taken as a family. Have a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter