• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Beach in Nassau?

MyCathryn

DVC Member
We are looking to bring the kids to the beach on the day we are in Nassau. Can you recommend where to go? Do you recommend a DCL excursion? Or somewhere we can go on our own?
Thanks

I was just coming to ask thee same thing...on the port adventure list there is the Atlantis Beach and the Blue Lagoon Island beach...I wonder if one is better then the other?? Sorry to hijack but didn't want to post the question since you already did.

On our first two cruises to Nassau, we just walked around on our own. If your just sticking to the shopping district it's ok.However if your thinking of going past that I wouldn't recommend going it on your own. We tried that once and just felt like we were walking on the wrong side of town,my daughter actually got scared.Pllus there are no sidewalks and the cars come very close to you. This past week we did a 5 day and booked the Nassau Fort and Junkanoo tour.The best part of the tour was the Junkanoo exhibit and the Queens staricase. The forts were just ...meh. The tour bus was crowded and sticky(dirty). I wouldn't do it again. I do feel like I finally got to really see Nassau, I wasn't really impressed. There was trash EVERYWHERE, lots of run down vacant buildings. lots of stores had bars on doors and windows. Some places looked like an actual trash dump. The straw market was the same old stuff down every isle.I was looking at a little photo album and a lady told me her brother made them. But I saw them ALL over the island, and even Castaway Cay. Sooo.... not really sure about all that.

You could also do the Wyndham which is next door to the Sheraton, it's more expensive but includes a lunch.

We've been to the Sheraton on Cable beach several times . The daypass is $25 for adults and $12 for children. The staff is very friendly and welcoming. They have 2 pools, and one has a swim up bar. There is a nice open air resturant right on the white sandy beach with great burgers. You can use the pool chairs and umbrella as well as those on the beach. There is a water tramboline and a gigantic inflated slide. There are also wave runners, not sure of the price.

We rode the Jitney #10 ( local bus )out there for just a $1. You get it across the street from the British Colonial Hotel. It drops you off right in front of the hotel. Then going back to the ship ,you catch it ( again ) in front of the hotel. It comes by every 15-20 minutes. We have also taken a cab out to the Sheraton. But the jitney gives you a local flavor and its fun !

A great way to spend the day !! Only 20 minutes by bus.

There is a Free Beach within easy walking distance of the ship Junkanoo Beach. Clean water, a few stands selling food & drinks. Good way to pass a few a hours. The free beach is right next to the British Colonial Hilton. We always stop there and then walk into town or Senor Frogs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter