Beach Refurbishment to Begin on May 23 at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground

mrsap

DIS Veteran
Beginning Monday, May 23, the beach area at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground will undergo a refurbishment. This work is scheduled to take place over the coming weeks during daytime hours only; as a result, construction-related noise may be heard between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. to ensure minimal impact to Guests.

The beach will remain closed to Guests throughout the duration of this project. The area is currently expected to fully reopen to Guests in early July.

Beginning Monday, May 23, the beach area at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground will undergo a refurbishment. This work is scheduled to take place over the coming weeks during daytime hours only; as a result, construction-related noise may be heard between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. to ensure minimal impact to Guests.

The beach will remain closed to Guests throughout the duration of this project. The area is currently expected to fully reopen to Guests in early July.
We came back First week in May and I started a thread about the conditions and how poor it was….this is very good news

You have March in your title, I thought it was old news.

I wonder if the boats will be affected. I have no idea what it takes to fix a beach.

You have March in your title, I thought it was old news.

I wonder if the boats will be affected. I have no idea what it takes to fix a beach.
Sorry about that, the website that posted it had a typo and I didn’t even think anything of it lol Thanks!!!

is there still an area to watch fireworks/water Parade? We haven’t been in a few years and at set to arrive on the 31st

is there still an area to watch fireworks/water Parade? We haven’t been in a few years and at set to arrive on the 31st
Right now you can see the fireworks from the "new" (actually original) beach to the right of the boat dock (as you are facing the water). It actually has better sight lines than the former beach to the left of the dock.

It's still unclear which side of the boat dock this "beach refurb" is going to impact. If it is to fix up the mess created by the Reflections Resort/DVC construction, I would think the new beach wouldn't be impacted. If they aren't doing anything on the construction side mess of the beach, then this means the viewing will be impacted. There is also a concrete patio area with chairs on the dock that has good viewing. Also not sure how or if that will be impacted. It is roped in and part of the walkway to the dock, so who knows.

Hopefully this is clarified a bit or we'll have to wait until someone arrives at the end of the month to let us know.

j

Thanks for the update! We were considering going Memorial Day wknd. May anyone pls send me a copy of the May recreation calendar? Since they are doing beach refurbishment I guess there’s no Memorial Day Beach Bash, huh?

Half of Beach Closed at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort for Refurbishment

Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort has now closed half of their beach for a weeks-long refurbishment, as we reported last week.

Cast Members cleared lounge chairs from the west side of the beach.

fort-wilderness-beach-1-1200x900.jpg

Guests can still enjoy the lake view from a dock.

fort-wilderness-beach-2-1200x900.jpg

Green scrim and images of trees block the beach from view.

fort-wilderness-beach-4-1200x900.jpg

The east side of the beach, to the right of the dock, is still open.

The beach at Fort Wilderness will remain at least partially closed through early July. Refurbishment work will take place during daytime hours only, so guests may hear construction noises between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.

Hope that helps!

I'm guessing they'll stick with the people stopper rip rap and fence. Too bad as it really ruins the site line of the beach. I have no illusions that a sign only will keep people out of the water, especially from dawn to dusk. "That doesn't apply to me" is another reason we can't have nice things.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter