• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Beaches and Cream non Kitchen Sink ???

River Country

15hours49Minutes away without traffic
Since B&C started taking ADR's is there any chance of a walk up or is out of the question? I wouls be a party of 5 and i know that space is limited. I was just curious if anyone has tried to just walk up. I did it with a party of 3 and sat at the counter but that was before ADR's.

They have a carry out window -so if you walk up and can't get in you could still get ice cream.

They have a carry out window -so if you walk up and can't get in you could still get ice cream.

This is true, however the menu is much more limited at the carry out window.

Your best bet as a walk-up would be during off-times and coming prepared to wait. We had a hard time even getting an ADR for B&C - not sure if it's because the ADRs are new and booking fast, if they aren't taking many to allow for walk-ups, or if it just books up quick since it's so small.

Since B&C started taking ADR's is there any chance of a walk up or is out of the question? I wouls be a party of 5 and i know that space is limited. I was just curious if anyone has tried to just walk up. I did it with a party of 3 and sat at the counter but that was before ADR's.

Since you would need a booth for a party of 5 I think the chances are slim. Are there no ADRs available when you want to go?

I have walked in and had to wait a few minutes but we were seated. I don't remember what time of day it was, but it was late August 2011. At that time, I don't think they were taking reservations, but someone correct me if I'm wrong. This place has the best ice cream in the world. If you can't do the kitchen sink, the banana split is great.

This is true, however the menu is much more limited at the carry out window.

Your best bet as a walk-up would be during off-times and coming prepared to wait. We had a hard time even getting an ADR for B&C - not sure if it's because the ADRs are new and booking fast, if they aren't taking many to allow for walk-ups, or if it just books up quick since it's so small.

I think it just books up quick because it is small. They use all of the tables for ADRs, but the do still allow the counter section for walk ups.

I think maybe if you get there right when they open as a walk up, or you are willing to wait, you have a chance of eating at the counter.

We have had a variety of results - But I have noticed if you are willing to walk up and take a buzzer to wait (for us) the wait time was half of what was quoted. Not saying that always happens, but we haven't had terrible waits w/o reservations!!

I tried last week... did not know they were taking ADR's and they had no availability.... As other said they do have a take out window which has something similar to the Kitchen sink I forgot the name and it was 22.??. They also had no way Jose and a few others as well as pick your flavor between two cookies.
We were just passing by on the way from DS to EPCOT and figured we would try but the take out window was great for us.

In the past when we have stayed at the BC Beaches and Cream the wait for walking in was absolutely ridiculous. We just used the walk up counter and took the ice cream back to our room. Honestly it was nice that way because Beaches and Cream is normally loud and crowded so we could relax and eat in our room in peace and quiet :)

Thanks for all the responses...

No there are no ADR's for the entire week i am there in August

ive been there before like i said, just wanted to do it again

thanks again

I don't know if it's true or not but I was calling about an ADR for Beaches and Cream yesterday for a party of 5 and the CM said they have to sit you at 2 tables, although he wasn't 100% if you had to be able to be sat at two tables (in other words it was a possibility) or if it was guaranteed. But we decided to skip it this trip and just to a walk up window (plus the only res was late and we have twin 2 year olds so unless we sat them at the other table alone it might not be fun as the mom). Long story long, I don't know if the party of 5 part is also why you'd have a hard time finding an ADR.

I was able to get mid afternoon ADRs for my whole group in August just this week by splitting us into smaller groups. The system wouldn't show any availability unless it was a group of 4 or less.

I had the same problem, we are a party of 5 and I couldn't find any availability during our 8 day trip. Either they don't have any tables for 5 or more or they just have a handful that get booked right away.

They do not take reservations for a party size greater than four. However, the booths can fit 6.

For some reason a party of 5 throws CM's through a loop with B&C. I had a heck of a time trying with a party of 5. I was finally able to book one table for our party but it was for 9 pm on a Sunday. I went back online just to see and I was looking for a party of 4 (just to see if it was easier to get a ADR) There was nothing available the entire week we are there (August)

They do not take reservations for a party size greater than four. However, the booths can fit 6.

This is not true but they do seem impossible to get. I have an ADR for 5 at noon in a few weeks. I had a very hard time getting it but eventually did. Close to my 180 day out mark. The only other options I've been given are 9pm or later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter