• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Beaches and Cream

poppinspal

DIS Veteran
I tried to make reservations as soon as I was able to make them. Then when I still couldn't get them I tried again for two instead of four, still nothing. Is there something going on here the last week in October that I wouldn't be able to get reservations at all?

It is a VERRRRRRRY small restaurant - reservations usually go pretty fast for it!

Keep checking though. I don't want an ADR for there but as I've been browsing dining availability the past couple of days (my trip is in 9 days) I've seen lunch and dinner times open there. I only noticed because it's so rare to see it come up in the list of restaurants with available times, but it does happen.

Thanks everyone. I know the restaurant well, we eat here every trip. I think I was surprised because we've never had problems getting a reservation!

Keep trying. I was finally able to grab a ressie for 7 (actually one for 3 and one for 4) for dinner Oct. 1. I've been searching every day for weeks. Happy to finally have something!

I had issues to for the same time frame. I usually get it. I figured maybe F & W busier than normal... But I kept trying and one popped up for 2. It wasn't the day we wanted but we worked with it. Missed BOG dinner too and we usually get that. Hasn't popped up though! Good luck. Keep trying.

I haven't been able to get one for our trip this month except for one very late after our dinner at CG when I was sure that we wouldn't be hungry for ice cream.

Just keep trying. I think the fact that it's a tiny restaurant yet popular, at a resort that books up that time of year due to the Food & Wine Festival and the convention that goes on there in October are contributing factors to it being booked up, but its worth it to keep checking! You can always try your luck as a walk-up as well.

there is also the fountain funnel available at the fountain at the dolphin. Great ice cream, both soft serve and regular. my favorite was the apple pie sundae, a slice of apple pie, topped with soft serve vanilla and caramel. oMG!!!!

their funnel is similar to the kitchen sink, not as kitschy but tasty!

Can you get the Mickey Pants sundae as a CS no booking option?

Yes, you can get that at the to-go counter at Beaches & Cream and also at the Plaza in MK. It's a much smaller, scaled down version of the kitchen sink but is better than not having one at all!

Yes, you can get that at the to-go counter at Beaches & Cream and also at the Plaza in MK. It's a much smaller, scaled down version of the kitchen sink but is better than not having one at all!

Thanks, this is my thinking, if we can't get ADRs to try the kitchen sink, we can get the Mickey one to go and enjoy it and the kids get to keep the sink!

Thanks everyone. There are 9 of us going and the last two or so trips we got a reservation. It's my mom's favorite for the the feel of it and it reminds her of a place she went as a kid. I'm going to focus on just getting her and my dad in, we can take a year off and just let them go if it helps get them in.

I finally got a reservation during our trip after signing up for the reservation finder. The first few times that I got a text alerting me to an open time I was asleep and the openings were gone in the AM. I was having trouble sleeping tonight and when I came downstairs there was a text on my phone saying there was a lunch opening on the 29th.

If you can't get it, try again within the 24 hour cancellation period once you are on property. Lots of reservations open up day-of.

Definitely sign up for the touring plans reservation finder, I just got another notice for late at night on the 25th. Turns out that my vegan DD really just wants to get a sundae made with tofutti from there so I will cancel the lunch res and just go for ice cream at night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter