• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Beaches and Cream

There is also a counter that there is not usually a wait for if you don't want to ADR for any reason!

It's so hard to get an ADR for B&C in the first place but the last time I was there we managed to get in and ordered a sundae and a malt. I think they're used to people just going for ice cream and to tackle the kitchen sink.

I so want to try one of these. It looks amazing. But the Kitchen Sink is so much fun for the kids. I think I'm going to have to wait until the kids grow up and DH and I can go by ourselves.

get your kids the mini sink and order the no way jose for yourself.

get your kids the mini sink and order the no way jose for yourself.

I'd never get away with that. :) They request the reservation there just for the big one. They're getting older now though. Maybe they can go and spend some time in Epcot alone and DH and I can go for a No Way Jose. Are they available at the window?

We do it every trip. Occasionally a troll from the Disney dark web will get triggered and accuse someone of committing a crime against those without an ADR, but it's just silliness. I'd say at least a quarter to a third of people who go there just order dessert, so go for it and enjoy!
So, everyone who disagrees with you is a troll from the Disney dark web. :rotfl2:

True, but I will caution for anyone who's interested in the "real" kitchen sink, that they are not that comparable. Yes it's a big bowl of various ice creams and toppings, but it is considerably smaller, served in a Mickey bowl, and doesn't come with any of the fanfare that goes on in the restaurant when one is ordered. If someone wants to experience the true kitchen sink, I'd make an ADR. I wouldn't say the smaller one is worth the trip otherwise.

The counter seating is probably best for parties of 2, because it can be difficult to get multiple seats together. However, I will say the last time we ate there was on a weekday in October shortly after opening - around 11:45am. We were at a table, but all the counter seating was open the whole time we were there. I'm guessing opening or shortly after is the best time to try it. YMMV.

I guess we were lucky. My last time eating there we had a party of 6 that had no problem being seated at the counter. We walked in with no wait. As with everything WDW, YMMV.

Dh & I go once or twice for their banana splits (so yummy) and always sit at the counter. We never make ADRs and usually have little to no wait.

I'd never get away with that. :) They request the reservation there just for the big one. They're getting older now though. Maybe they can go and spend some time in Epcot alone and DH and I can go for a No Way Jose. Are they available at the window?
I don’t believe they are

Scored an ADR for my husbands bday in November. We are only going for sundaes after our Cape May Cafe dinner :)

I guess we were lucky. My last time eating there we had a party of 6 that had no problem being seated at the counter. We walked in with no wait. As with everything WDW, YMMV.

Lucky maybe, or just good timing. As I said in my post you quoted, I've been twice shortly after opening and both times, parties of 6 or more could have sat together at the counter. It was entirely open. But others have reported there not being any openings, or not enough seats together when they tried. If you tried to go as a party of 6 when Illuminations is letting out, I doubt you'd find the same opening. But on a weekday in the early afternoon/late morning, during a slower time of year, and its a viable option.

Lucky maybe, or just good timing. As I said in my post you quoted, I've been twice shortly after opening and both times, parties of 6 or more could have sat together at the counter. It was entirely open. But others have reported there not being any openings, or not enough seats together when they tried. If you tried to go as a party of 6 when Illuminations is letting out, I doubt you'd find the same opening. But on a weekday in the early afternoon/late morning, during a slower time of year, and its a viable option.

We got there around 5:00. Like I said, we may have been lucky. I wouldn't count on being seated as a walkup, if my family would be devastated by missing it though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter