"Beaches" at WL & Poly

tkmmc

Mouseketeer
I just read on the WL FAQ thread that the beach is for sunbathing only. Is this true also for the beach area at the Poly. We are booked at the WL and I did imagine my children playing in the sand and wading in the water. I didn't think it would be deep enough to swim but I did think they could splash around some. Can you swim in the water at the Polynesian "beach?" Didn't see anything about this on the Poly FAQ.

Now I'm thinking: What about CBR or BC?

I'm pretty sure that all of the beaches are closed to swimming. When I was young I remember swimming at the beaches, but since then the water has been closed. I think something about not being clean enough...

No swimming/wading in the water.

If you want that type of beach experience, you may want to consider a day trip to Cocoa Beach (about 45-60 min).

Typhoon Lagoon water park also offers that type of beach experience as well, except the water is treated.

I can also remember swimming in the lake during our first visit to WDW in 1990. We stayed at the Poly last year and there is definitely no swimming in the lake, but my boys loved playing in the sand and watching the Electrical Pagaent.

Can only sit on the sand or in a chair :lmao: no swimming at WL, Poly. GF, or BC or Yacht Club beaches.

...not to mention the gators! :scared1:

Has anyone seen any gators?? is that true about the gators?? I remember River Country as a child and boy I truely miss that place wish they would do something to the old river country area kinda sad lookin right now :sad1:

I've seen gators sunbathing twice on the Poly beach in the last couple years. I woudn't stick my toe in that water. LOL!

I I did imagine my children playing in the sand and wading in the water. I didn't think it would be deep enough to swim but I did think they could splash around some.

They won't let you go into any body of water that isn't a swimming pool. Seriously. And you wouldn't want your kids playing in that water. The high bacterial counts alone would keep me out, it's really not at all fit for swimming or playing. Yuck.

There are signs posted with that information on all resort beaches. And you'll still see kids playing in the water, with their smiling parents standing nearby....

Company policy states that it is due to high bacteria counts which is definitely true in FL. However, if you ever do the horseback riding in FW there are plenty of gators. . . . Shame since some of my fondest memories as a kid were our yearly trip to the CR and swimming in Bay Lake

Perhaps you should look into either Yacht Club or Beach Club Resort...
Thats' why alot of guests choose those two resorts...Share an awesome pool called Stormalong Bay...Sandy Bottom!!!!!!!!!!Lazy River as Well!!

Enjoy your choice!!!:goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

jerseygal, I was just going to say the same thing! Not only is Stormalong Bay sandy bottom, but the sandy area is zero entry. It's just like a beach. Perfect for toddlers and little kids to splash and build sand castles!

:woohoo:

There is a freshwater amoeba that lives in the warm lake waters. It enters through the nose and kills people. Last year two people died here in the Orlando area from being in the lake water.

While on a Friendship boat leaving the BC/YC launch last fall, DH & I saw a snake swimming in the water, with its head & part of its body WAAAYY out of the water! I couldn't see how long it was, but it must've been pretty big! I thought about that snake as we sat on the beach one night later in the week. No way would I get in the water! Stormalong Bay, however, is amazing!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter